PDA

View Full Version : Digitally Protected Cds

SideSwiped
04-07-2003, 02:40 AM
I guess in May or June sometime all our new music cds will be protected from ripping into mp3s. Apparently, this new form of encoding won't damage your players not like early attempts had the potential to do. But hey, this isn't really a problem. Just copy as a wav in analog mode then convert.

Schmiggy_JK23
04-07-2003, 10:38 AM
bring it.

they have yet to find any form of encryption that cannot be circumvented.

and when they do make such cds... they have to be labled as special. as they arent true cds... because true cds have to allow the ability to back up your media, and play on every single type of player/drive.

4play
04-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Yeah didn't philips ( I think) who own the red book standard to cds, ask for any copy protected cd's to remove any label on the cover that claims that their product is a cd.

but the record companies ignored them :angry:

Still if I could not copy my music to mp3 I would return the cd immediatly. Then go to soulseek for it. B)

If they want my business they have to supply me with a product I want.

SideSwiped
04-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Speaking of Philips, I do believe I have a philips burner in my entertainment center, analog connection of course. lol I don't see any of this as an issue, your regular cd player can play the disks, the protection takes the form of low level interference or noise which your standard cd rom or cd player would not pick up.

johnnytightlips2
04-07-2003, 10:17 PM
hehehehhehhee those stupid heads they cant mess with the underground if they send a new type of cd we're just going to find a way to rip the cd its that simple.

EnJoi
04-08-2003, 12:40 AM
they can try but they cant succeed hey where did u read this story anyway?

lunatacs
04-08-2003, 02:50 AM
they find a way to protect their CD's, we find a way to override their work. Simply as that, always been done and always will be done.

zacspeed
04-08-2003, 06:25 AM
I read an article last year that Sony had spent millions developing new anti-piracy methods with their CD's. The Celine Dion CD was the first to use it & some bright spark discovered that if you use a marker pen around the outside edge of the disc, you bypass all the security features!!! :lol:
Now I realise this is probably very old news to most of you guys, but it makes me giggle :D
The real question is, why would anybody want to copy Sealion Dion??????????????? (just kidding).

hugoharding
04-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Anyway, instead of ripping, you can just record from a cd player onto your computer, so there will never be a problem.

Wizzandabe
04-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by EnJoi@8 April 2003 - 00:40
they can try but they cant succeed hey where did u read this story anyway?
damm like you said we will win.....

..... eventualy

Jibbler
04-08-2003, 11:36 PM
The bottom line is that nothing will stop people from ripping CDs. They record industry would have to do a complete hardware change, possibly from CDs to digital media, in order to truly combat piracy. So we can all look forward to a new format in the future, but until then, keep ripping and sharing until its all free.

Please support the bands. To hell with buying music, go see them in concert. That is the reason why we all paid them to play in the first place. :huh: :huh: :o ;)

harrycary
04-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Oddly, your local radio stations may put a stop to the current sort of "protection" being used on CDs.
Alot of commercial radio stations upload the full CD into their computers for broadcasting later. The copyright schemes being used right now will not allow them to do that.
Radio airplay is integral to the record labels getting artists to be known.

oldmancan
04-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler@8 April 2003 - 16:36
Please support the bands. To hell with buying music, go see them in concert. That is the reason why we all paid them to play in the first place. :huh: :huh: :o ;)
Hear, Hear <_<

Right on&#33; I have nothing inspiring to add. Just want to emphasize Jibbler&#39;s excellent comment. Nothing like "live" music.

JaVnI
04-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Technology has advanced so much on the illegal side it is now 10x past the legal side