PDA

View Full Version : Nero 'Write Error'

Hairbautt
04-19-2005, 12:29 AM
:mellow: I burned a CD-RW four times (to be sure)& at about 94-98% completion I get a 'Write Error'. Plain & simple, no error codes, no blah blah blah failed in power just a plain & simple 'Write Error'.

:frusty: I dunno why it keeps doing this...I burn at a slow speed (once on high) & it always manages to fail. It use to work, :) , but now it seems like the update for Nero 1.1.0.12 or whatever is some kind of crap patch that screwed up my settings. :wacko:

By the way, I deleted Nero fully, reinstalled still the same.

So question is, :lookaroun , how do I fix it? Is it the software or (god forbid) the hardware? Its a Dell/Samsung CD-RW burner drive CD-Rom thingy...

tesco
04-19-2005, 12:37 AM
tried using different cd brand, or cd-r instead of cd-rw, or even just a different cd-rw.
it could be that disc is corrupt, or that brand doesn't work well with your drive.

peat moss
04-19-2005, 01:17 AM
I get this problem with nero every couple of months . Don't know why. But I use the same blank media all the time. Its usually my last cd too! But try unistalling, run a regcleaner, MT you my document's of any nero reference then reinstall . And defrag before you burn. :)

Hairbautt
04-19-2005, 02:11 AM
Yeah I used my other CD-RW, my last one...burned fine.

Now I'm out of blank CD's. Crap. :) Thanks guys.

S!X
04-19-2005, 03:07 AM
My friend had a problem with some brand of rewriteable cd's cant remember the name of em but I told em to get some plain Fujifilm cd's and they worked like a charm.:)

peat moss
04-19-2005, 03:29 AM
Yeah I used my other CD-RW, my last one...burned fine.

Now I'm out of blank CD's. Crap. :) Thanks guys.

Don't you hate that? I gave up on cd -rw's they seem to get corrupted too easy .And allways the last one ! :D

fkdup74
04-19-2005, 05:07 AM
meh, that's easily fixed dude...
burn it with Alcohol 120% :P