PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to transfer to xbox?

newcombe6
04-20-2005, 08:03 AM
HI there all

FTP ing to my xbox isnt any good for various reasons - is theyre any way i can hook up a portable hdd to my xbox?

im going through dvd-r's like theres no tomorrow so if anyone has any bright idea's - cheers very much!

sameer0807
04-20-2005, 08:42 AM
HI there all

FTP ing to my xbox isnt any good for various reasons - is theyre any way i can hook up a portable hdd to my xbox?

im going through dvd-r's like theres no tomorrow so if anyone has any bright idea's - cheers very much!

did you check this site: http://xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php?p=151|461|470|#470

Go into Tutuorials....it got tons of stuff related to xbox.

namzuf9
04-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Tried using DVD RW's? :lol:

Whats the problem with FTP? It might be easier to try and sort that out.

vegeta_ssj12
04-20-2005, 10:04 PM
I believe its easier too just buy the games you want. Whats money?

I've tried modding my xbox many times, i have just given up. I don't think its worth it, Chipping my xbox or with that new software, get the chance too get kicked out of xbox live, getting games the hard way.

Nah, i'll just buy them. He, just an opinion.

namzuf9
04-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Whats money? Its great if you've got it. I've got three kids so for starters I'm not gonna throw down £40 (gbp) for a game I'm not gonna play more than once cos it's a bag of shite!
Also my modded xbox acts as a all round mutimedia player (works a hell of a lot better than a commercial player and I benefit from frequent updates)
My modded xbox introduced me to the joys of using *nix as an os.
I can play games of old using the many emulators that are avalible on the xbox (arcade, nes, snes, master system, megadrive/genisis, n64, spectrum; to name some that are out there.)
There are also the many "homebrew" games that released as well.

May I suggest you take your opinion and shove it where the sun dont shine?

Oh and BTW, I paid £160 for my xbox and I have about £720 worth of games and my xbox is modded, so wheres your argument?

Edit: Get of your high horse you prick :dry:

newcombe6
04-21-2005, 10:41 AM
cheers for all the effort lads

in response to the guy saying just buy the games - i cant afford it either. between phone contracts, mortgage, a new baby and car payments - who the f**k can afford it !!!

and i spose theyres no real problem why ftp wont work. the xbox and pc are in different rooms - so its only my laziness which is stopping it!

i also thank god that i dont pay much for games - cos theres been loads of dissapointments lately and im damn glad i didnt pay £40 each

and the ability to play xvid files and that on the box has helped me no ends! saves me tmpgenc'ing it onto dvd - priceless!

and i know xvid players are like £50 now - but i still like the 'box for all my media playing

vegeta_ssj12
04-21-2005, 01:57 PM
If you can't afford it then don't buy it....Pfff, it so simple. If you really want a game you an safe money. But an empty CD costs too, them odchip costed so why can you afford tht and not the originals?

Plus, what if your Xbox breaks down becasue of all the modding?

Peerzy
04-21-2005, 02:37 PM
50 DVDs + Mod Chip = £35 delivered
50 Brand New Games = £2000

H'mmmmmmmmmmm :unsure:

newcombe6
04-21-2005, 02:50 PM
youd think people could do the maths on their own...............

vegeta_ssj12
04-21-2005, 03:08 PM
If you are in so much money problems you wouldn't have a Xbox or internet. If you want a game, safe some money. 1 game every 3 months or so is enough, if you know your games you would have a game that you actually like instead of 50 game while you only play 3.

Peerzy
04-21-2005, 03:36 PM
So your saying no one should buy a console unless they have £2000 to spare on games, whats more important to you, your family being fed, or some multi million pound EA boss getting £40 of your money.

CornerPocket
04-21-2005, 03:48 PM
HI there all

Guess a reason or two would help somewhat regarding you using FTP....I use Xbox Iso Transfer (XIT), works flawless for me. But than again it's a form of FTP...just an option:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/tools/tools.php?page=isotools#newsitemEpVkFkEyppunsrbcTK

SingaBoiy
04-21-2005, 07:26 PM
If you are in so much money problems you wouldn't have a Xbox or internet. If you want a game, safe some money. 1 game every 3 months or so is enough, if you know your games you would have a game that you actually like instead of 50 game while you only play 3.
Hmm... this is what it costs me.

6 Mb/s internet connection: $50 per/month
100 blank dvd-r: $23 (only need a stack every 2-3 months)
Action Replay: Free (borrowed from a friend)
007 Agent Under Fire: $7 used from Gamestop

I have well over 100 xbox games that I got in the last 12-18 months.
Total I spent: $700-1000
Total Value: ~$4000+

And I didnt add the money ive made from modding all the xbox. Just because we cant afford it, doesnt mean we shouldnt be able to play like everyone else :01:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the internet connection is also used to get pc, GC, and PS2 games. Not to mention movies, dvds, music, and so on.

ken52787
04-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Yea, you really need to give some reasons why FTP won't work, it really is the easiest way to transfer. I use Qwix (from team avalaunch) for uploading isos, goes fast and also has a nifty game manager.

vegeta_ssj12
04-22-2005, 11:38 AM
So your saying no one should buy a console unless they have £2000 to spare on games, whats more important to you, your family being fed, or some multi million pound EA boss getting £40 of your money.

Hmm... this is what it costs me.

6 Mb/s internet connection: $50 per/month
100 blank dvd-r: $23 (only need a stack every 2-3 months)
Action Replay: Free (borrowed from a friend)
007 Agent Under Fire: $7 used from Gamestop

I have well over 100 xbox games that I got in the last 12-18 months.
Total I spent: $700-1000
Total Value: ~$4000+

And I didnt add the money ive made from modding all the xbox. Just because we cant afford it, doesnt mean we shouldnt be able to play like everyone else

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the internet connection is also used to get pc, GC, and PS2 games. Not to mention movies, dvds, music, and so on.

Say what? 2000 pounds on games?

Like i said, only buying games cuts of too about 1 Games every 3 months, if you know your games you have fun with the one you bought for Months maybe forever. Although its nice too have 50 Games for the same amount of money, you won't be playing most of them, so that money has gone too waist. But if you just buy them, you don't have too worry about getting DVD-R's, the Games themselves, your Xbox crashing because of the modding, getting kicked of xbox live, updating the Mods etc.

Plus, you can get Mp3 music and Movies with the PC easy. I just see it as easier, its not that big of a difference.

n18
04-22-2005, 11:51 AM
You think its easier because you have no idea about what youre talking about.

namzuf9
04-22-2005, 08:15 PM
who the fuck are you vegeta_ssj12 to tell us not to download games on a motherfucking filesharing forum?

Man I spent bare dollar on playing games and I will continue to as long as I got the money. Just cos i download games too dont give you the right to be mugging me off.
Whats really bugging me out with you is it sounds like you'd wanna play download'ed games but you aint got the savvy to do it :blink:

sameer0807
04-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Say what? 2000 pounds on games?

Like i said, only buying games cuts of too about 1 Games every 3 months, if you know your games you have fun with the one you bought for Months maybe forever. Although its nice too have 50 Games for the same amount of money, you won't be playing most of them, so that money has gone too waist. But if you just buy them, you don't have too worry about getting DVD-R's, the Games themselves, your Xbox crashing because of the modding, getting kicked of xbox live, updating the Mods etc.

Plus, you can get Mp3 music and Movies with the PC easy. I just see it as easier, its not that big of a difference.

Man you should take it easy, this is filesharing forum, and this is wrong place to give your advice. If you like paying $40-60 bucks for a game then go ahead do it, no one is stoppin you. But you shouldn't tell us, what to do or wat not to do.
Not everyone has money like you to waste 'em on games....Nowdays most of the games are just plain peice of shit, then why waste ur hard earned money when you can get it for fairly cheap price (dl & burning them).....

Drodri18
04-29-2005, 10:43 PM
I've tried modding my xbox many times, i have just given up.

That tells you everything. He's lying to himself that buying the games is the best way because he can't mod his XBOX and download games like the rest of us. Just keep lying to yourself and go the "easy" way and buy the games and we'll take the "hard" way and download them.