PDA

View Full Version : Can I vote ?

Gemby!
04-20-2005, 04:06 PM
I was wondering, once i turn 18 will i be able to vote in the general election (UK)?

I dont technically have a british passport, but i live and was born here ... :wacko:

DarthInsinuate
04-20-2005, 04:18 PM
you can have my vote, i can't be arsed, policticians, meh

http://img92.echo.cx/img92/7994/mitchellhundred5bk.jpg <- i like this one though

lynx
04-20-2005, 04:42 PM
I was wondering, once i turn 18 will i be able to vote in the general election (UK)?

I dont technically have a british passport, but i live and was born here ... :wacko:Any person born here should be able to vote too.

However, that doesn't apply to cats and gods so I'm not sure in your casehttp://img116.exs.cx/img116/934/z0tdntknw.gif

Guillaume
04-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Gemma, why don't you smite them all and install a theocracy in their stead?
http://img26.echo.cx/img26/7557/bowdown2wo.gif

Gemby!
04-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Any person born here should be able to vote too.

However, that doesn't apply to cats and gods so I'm not sure in your casehttp://img116.exs.cx/img116/934/z0tdntknw.gif

refer to this ....

Gemma, why don't you smite them all and install a theocracy in their stead?

thats the plan ! but im afraid that some may not be able to handle my wrath ! :01: :w00t: :wacko:

Guillaume
04-20-2005, 10:45 PM
thats the plan ! but im afraid that some may not be able to handle my wrath ! :01: :w00t: :wacko:

Who cares?
Now, you'll need a Chancellor of the Exchequer/messiah... :shifty:

Gripper
04-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Can I be your Nemisis :w00t:

Gemby!
04-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Stop spamming as soon as i mention my evil plan !! its not right ....

so can i vote ?

ps. i will decide who my servants wil be soon .... :shifty:

Gripper
04-21-2005, 05:38 PM
If you are on the register of voters you should be eligible,your mum or dad should have had a form through the post which they would have returned to the council...I think,you could always email you're local MP and ask?

bigboab
04-21-2005, 05:56 PM

I dont technically have a british passport, but i live and was born here ... :wacko:

You dont need a passport to vote.
You are not 18.
This is a democracy.
So shut up and sit in the corner for a wee while. :)

Who would you vote for, if given the vote? :)

Biggles
04-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Before voting it is always wise to read the manifesto.

An example

manifesto (http://www.omrlp.com/)

enoughfakefiles
04-21-2005, 07:04 PM
I thought about voting by post. Wiping my arse on the ballot paper an sending it back. :dry:

manker
04-21-2005, 07:07 PM
I thought about voting by post. Wiping my arse on the ballot paper an sending it back. :dry:In Florida, they counted that as a vote for Republican.

enoughfakefiles
04-21-2005, 07:09 PM
In Florida, they counted that as a vote for Republican.

Was he called mr brown.??? :schnauz:

Gemby!
04-21-2005, 08:38 PM
You dont need a passport to vote.
You are not 18.
This is a democracy.
So shut up and sit in the corner for a wee while. :)

Who would you vote for, if given the vote? :)

No point in thinking about voting unless i can do it - however if i could i would go for whoever is thinking of cheaper uni fees :01:

now i vote for you to STFU - no0b :console:

Biggles
04-21-2005, 08:59 PM
No point in thinking about voting unless i can do it - however if i could i would go for whoever is thinking of cheaper uni fees :01:

now i vote for you to STFU - no0b :console:

A quick sample from my link on education.....

Overview

We pledge to reduce class sizes by making the pupils sit closer to one another and issuing them with smaller desks. Any MP whose constituency sells off a school playing field for development will be required to relinquish their own back garden as a replacement sports facility for the school. All future Deputy Prime Ministers will be required to be fluent in at least one language to encourage the education system.

Other policies:

In the interests of fair education policy, under a loony government all children will automatically be given full marks in their exams.

Bright pupils will be provided with dimmer switches to prevent them distracting the rest of the class.

SAT’s tests will be abolished and replaced by Gordon Ramsey style cookery lessons and Rolf Harris art classes.

All children will be given two birthdays like the Queen.

Any child who is cleverer than their teacher will be allowed to take over the class and the teacher will stand at the back with a dunce’s hat on. He or she will then be on half pay until he or she has learnt enough to regain the upper ground. This is our policy for child empowerment.

Gemby!
04-21-2005, 09:14 PM
A quick sample from my link on education.....

Any child who is cleverer than their teacher will be allowed to take over the class and the teacher will stand at the back with a dunce’s hat on. He or she will then be on half pay until he or she has learnt enough to regain the upper ground. This is our policy for child empowerment.

teachers always offer children to take over the class

*talking during lesson*

'' Gemma !?!?!?! do you want to teach the rest of the lesson? you seem to think that you already know about *insert subject* and feel you have to talk !''

If only people accepted the invite .... i, ofcourse was too good to get told off like the above :wacko:

Biggles
04-21-2005, 09:16 PM

.... i, ofcourse was too good to get told off like the above :wacko:

Yeah right! :lol:

Gemby!
04-21-2005, 09:31 PM
honest .......

*doesnt think she will persuade biggles, but tries anyway*

Biggles
04-21-2005, 09:46 PM
honest .......

*doesnt think she will persuade biggles, but tries anyway*

:dry:

As yet another punishment exercise is produced I hear "it wasn't really my fault" on a weekly basis.

I think I might be entirely spoof proof by now.

DarthInsinuate
04-21-2005, 09:57 PM

*talking during lesson*

'' Gemma !?!?!?! do you want to teach the rest of the lesson? you seem to think that you already know about *insert subject* and feel you have to talk !''

If only people accepted the invite ....
someone in my class did once, but the teacher just went on a rant about lesson planning, so that was a bad idea

Gripper
04-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Gembyl's a good girl,I know 'cause she said she is so it must be true and as she is nearing divinity I ain't arguing

Gemby!
04-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Gembyl's a good girl,I know 'cause she said she is so it must be true and as she is nearing divinity I ain't arguing

All it takes is a little trust :01: