PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea v Arsenal

Peerzy
04-20-2005, 04:29 PM
http://www.labdarugoeb.hu/kepek/egyeb/logos/chelseacimer041219.jpg V http://medix.marshall.edu/~mccarthy/soccer/arsenal_s02/new_badge.gif

Chelsea & Arsenal line up tonight in a Premiership game, Chelsea havn't beaten Arsenal in a league game in almost 10 years, but the blues havn't lost at home since Feb 2004 (Arsenal ofcourse)

Wenger says Henry is out, which can only be good news, but we can never know for sure, Ljungberd is also supposedly out for the game. Wenger is also unsure if he should play Sol Cambell (His first game since injury) and it would be a rushed choice.

Chelsea are still without 2004 Young Player Of The Year; Scott Parker and Robben is out also. Last time the teams met on 12th December thwe score was 2-2, Henry scoring twice for Arsenal and Terry & Gudjohnson netting a goal a piece.

Its on Sky Sports 1 (7pm coverage starts, Kick Off 8Pm) Expect it to be either Test Sports or ESPN (I remember seeing an advert for it being on Test Sports while watching the Arsenal V Blackburn tie last week) Although don't expect the pre match chat with Cool Sports and hopefully it will be in English (Arsenal V Blackburn was, all the other games have been in Chinese)

DanB
04-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Chelsea :01:

DanB
04-20-2005, 07:02 PM
which one then peerzy?

Peerzy
04-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Not sure, its still a few minute to the game kicks off but Test Sports has had watersports on but that program has ended now and adverts are on. I'll know in a few minutes, might be a good idea for you to fire up ESPN and see if its on there.

Peerzy
04-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Theres a football program on Test Sports now, they dubbed it in Chinese though, and its back to adverts, looks promising though.

DanB
04-20-2005, 07:09 PM
ESPN has it on but its a bit of a crappy stream so far

Peerzy
04-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Yeah Test Sports is the Man U V Everton match.

Peerzy
04-20-2005, 07:19 PM
2:08
Cross by Bisan Lauren (Arsenal), shot by Robert Pires (Arsenal) left-footed from centre of penalty area (18 yards), hit woodwork.

:ohmy:

DanB
04-20-2005, 07:37 PM
I am listening to the commentry on the radio; only thing is that, like the board, its fifteen minutes fast :lol:

Peerzy
04-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Im watching it on ESPN, after the a rough first five minutes its been perfect, not one stop or stutter at all.

Peerzy
04-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Is it just me or is Drogba not that good of a player, thinking about it, all his goals have been close tab ins requiring little to no skill, he also doesnt seem to be able to hold the ball up. His only real skill is his headers which he's brilliant, comparing him to players like Henry and Van Nistarooy he doesn't seem that good.

Anyone agree?

Peerzy
04-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Half time, so far so good, Chelsea have just been slightly better i think, although Arsenal are playing well considering there missing 3 major players, hopfully Chelsea can get an early goal in the second half, forcing Arsenal to force players forward so we can hit them on the counter attack.

Peerzy
04-20-2005, 09:10 PM
0-0 Was the final score, leaving Chelsea still needing only 2 wins 5 matches against the following teams:

Fulham Home
Bolton Wanderers Away
Charlton Athletic Home
Manchester United Away
Newcastle United Away

4play
04-21-2005, 02:50 AM
Arsenal dominated most of the game but chelsea were very dangerous on the break. drogba has a long way to go yet and i also think johnson is a complete waste of space in the chelsea squad.

still we have won the league.

Adster
04-21-2005, 07:16 AM
bah dammit!!!! i should have tipped a draw!!! useless Chelsea cost me money

manker
04-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Is it just me or is Drogba not that good of a player, thinking about it, all his goals have been close tab ins requiring little to no skill, he also doesnt seem to be able to hold the ball up. His only real skill is his headers which he's brilliant, comparing him to players like Henry and Van Nistarooy he doesn't seem that good.

Anyone agree?
Yeah.

However, He's pretty mobile so that coupled with being a great header of the ball makes him dangerous but when I watched him for Marseille last year, I was under the impression he was skilful and had a great shot. The goal he scored against Liverpool was awesome. I've yet to see evidence of this in a Chelsea shirt.

You lot definitely paid too much for him, that doesn't really matter but I rate Gudjohnsson more highly and I've always liked Forsell, hope he gets a chance.

Peerzy
04-21-2005, 02:39 PM
We brought Gudjohnson for like £5 million in 2000 and he's still better than £20 million Drogba, i think Chelsea will bring in a new striker over the summer and maybe get rid of Forsell or Kezman.

DarthInsinuate
04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
won't Crespo be back from his holiday in Italy next year?

Peerzy
04-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Yeah, so will Veron. However Crespo has said he wants to move preminantly to Milan asap so i doubt he will stick arround with Chelsea for much longer, the Inter Milan striker Ardiano looks good imo.

manker
04-21-2005, 05:48 PM
We brought Gudjohnson for like £5 million in 2000 and he's still better than £20 million Drogba, i think Chelsea will bring in a new striker over the summer and maybe get rid of Forsell or Kezman.Feck! I forgot about Kezman. He looks to be fairly rubbish and on the way out, more than likely you're right about another striker being signed in the summer. Duno if Mourinho fancies Crespo - he did a number on United tho :dry:

Peerzy
04-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Im unsure about Kezman, he seems like another Drogba, 9 goals this season. Mind you he's played less than half the time Drogba has, so he scores goals alot faster than Drogba, only problem is Chelsea arn't gonna flog there latest £20 million signing for £5million to anyone.

manker
04-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Well, that's it. They'll give Drogba another season or two to prove himself 'cos he cost so much - Kezman only cost a few million so it's easier to tell the board to flog him.

The Scousers are always up for buying shite strikers, maybe they'll have him :unsure:

Peerzy
04-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah with the sale of Kezman or Forsell and the £8 million Chelsea are set to get from Juventus because they signed Mutu while he was still serving his 8 months of no football for being a sniff head they should have enough to pocket themselfs a good striker.

manker
04-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah with the sale of Kezman or Forsell and the £8 million Chelsea are set to get from Juventus because they signed Mutu while he was still serving his 8 months of no football for being a sniff head they should have enough to pocket themselfs a good striker.You reckon eight million :ohmy:

I was thinking more along the lines of half a million. I haven't heard any figures mentioned tho'.

Btw, 5000 :schnauz:

Peerzy
04-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Btw, 5000 :schnauz:

:01: :01: :01:

Papers are saying Chelsea want 8 million, which they are likely to get because FIFA & EUFA wouldn't have agree'd for Chelsea to claim compensation unless they were willing to let Juve pay the 8 million, which is what Chelsea have been quoting all along (Half of the fee they paid Palma for him)

manker
04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
I just went to the BBC website to read about it now.

Chelsea could fall in shite and come out smelling of roses. Getting 8 Million for a sacked cokehead!!1!1!oneBBQ!

Peerzy
04-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah, and its 8 million from Juventus, a team who i doubt even wanted Mutu that much :lol:

Chelsea set to make a tidy sum and an even tidyer striker (to be confirmed, subject to terms and conditions, APR set to change after 6 months)