PDA

View Full Version : Delete "My Backup" after recoverd computer

kurse
04-20-2005, 08:51 PM
hey I just recovered my computer due to some problem I had and I created a Backup folder with everything I had in the previous state before backup. Now its taking 26.2 gigs of hard drive space that I don't want anymore. I try to delete it but it doesn't delete. As a matter a fact nothing happens. Does anyone have any idea how to delete it or get rid of it so it wont be taking up space anymore? Thanks!

thedazman
04-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Boot your computer up in safe mode with command promt, and delete it from there.

May also help if you let us know more info about your problem, like why it wont delete? any errors you get? whats in your backup folder (any protected/system files?)

kurse
04-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Hey thanks for the info thedazman, what I did now was go into the files themselves and selected all the files and deleted them. It works like that but I do it from just My Backup it wont do anything at all, it will ask me If I am sure I want to delete it and I click yes but it doesnt do anything after that. I thought It would take a while since it was 26 gigs of backup files. So to better understand I had to go My Backup>"SELECT ALL FILES" and delete them there. But I shall try your advice for the My Backup folder itself.

Ariel_001
04-21-2005, 01:46 AM
Maybe it is a permission problem? Just take ownership of the folder if so. :blink: :ohmy: