PDA

View Full Version : What Ever Happened To FST Radio

trajillo
04-21-2005, 12:01 PM
i remeber a FST radio a while back? i want in again.....someone should host a server on shoutcase source and then get some dj's ie.me to bust out some mofos tunes.....

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 02:39 PM
yeah it was fun while it lasted. does anyone know how to work coolstream or whatever it's called. i think the admin is doing enough for us atm. :unsure:

Illuminati
04-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Brief History of what happened: Interest was waning towards the end (both listeners & DJs), I wanted to revitalise it but 7th wasn't willing to do any of the technical things planned any time soon (we now know why). I resigned as Station Manager because there's no point kicking a dead horse, and it died soon after.

To get anywhere, Shoutcast Server has to be on a decent server with enough bandwidth to manage listener demand. The server used before was the forum server (which I didn't know until late into my time as Manager) hence the slowdowns during broadcasting.

If it gets back up though, I have a current version of SAM Broadcaster (http://www.spacialaudio.com/products/sambroadcaster/) (the software that was recommended) thanks to a friend asking me to download it. Likewise, I'd sign up as a DJ again (but good luck to the person who'll become the eventual RSM because there's no way I'm doing that again).

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 03:19 PM
i'd do a show but i have 256kbps upload and no money. thats why i think using coolstream would be kewl cos then we could host or shift shows on a whim

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 03:45 PM
http://www.streamerp2p.com/?page=about.htm

this looks like it could rawk :naughty:

ziggyjuarez
04-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Sounds good.Has a mod or Admin agreed or will be just a member thing?

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 04:04 PM
by the sounds of it; i could have a show running within 20 minutes.

i'd prefer to get some better hosting software than winamp. 3 things i need before i host a show.

1.media player with "decks" and sampler and all the shit that SAM thing does, i think my bro has one somewhere so thats sorted :mellow:

2.to work out when rush hour is on here. i think we had about 30 lounge lizards listening once :)

3.a show plan:D

Lilmiss
04-21-2005, 04:37 PM
I think it's a crackin' idea, if only to laugh at everyone else's silly accents. :D

Can imagine it would take a lot of work to set up, good luck to who ever takes up the position if it is set in motion.

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 05:20 PM
anyone wanna help me test this thingy?

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 05:37 PM
someone download and install streamer p2p

then click streamerp2p://s=52b2a591|n=TheDave's_FST_test|b=46|t=mp3|

tell me if you hear anything :D

ziggyjuarez
04-21-2005, 05:54 PM
nothing on my end?

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 05:57 PM
not right now? i've changed encoding thing and disabled my firewall since i posted that.

i'll leave QCD playing till you give me an answer then see if the winamp guide on the website helps

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 06:21 PM
now i'm trying winamp. apparently someones connected but it still says "player:stopped"

i cant work out if that means theres no sound

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 06:43 PM
ok. if it isn't working now it's you fault cos i got someone listening :snooty:

ziggyjuarez
04-21-2005, 06:50 PM
:cry:
k got it to work

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 06:52 PM
it's still not working?

play with your setting. my mate says he was randomly playing with them and it just started working

ziggyjuarez
04-21-2005, 06:53 PM
it's still not working?

play with your setting. my mate says he was randomly playing with them and it just started working
Turn that shit up gorilla radio :01:

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 06:59 PM
ok. now i'll have to work out how to get it to work on something i can mix tunes and MC on :shifty:

Lilmiss
04-21-2005, 10:46 PM
I couldn't get it to work.
It also seemed to feck with my IN connection.

You broke my puter. :cry:

GepperRankins
04-21-2005, 11:50 PM
I couldn't get it to work.
It also seemed to feck with my IN connection.

You broke my puter. :cry:
i dont think it was running when you posted that :blink:

Lilmiss
04-22-2005, 12:30 AM
There was a link to it on the streamer thingy.

Sure you did a grand job though. :P

Adster
04-22-2005, 04:16 AM
as i aid before I am a radio announcer in the real world wouldn't have a problem doing it if someone went through step by step how to

but Ive heard its a pain in the ass

Djtima
04-22-2005, 06:45 AM
lol the real world...
yeah i hope u's get it goin because im up for some tunes,
and i can Dj if worst comes to worst

GepperRankins
04-22-2005, 09:54 AM
as i aid before I am a radio announcer in the real world wouldn't have a problem doing it if someone went through step by step how to

but Ive heard its a pain in the ass
get a shoutcast or icecast plugin for wharever you'll use, or what i think i'll end up doing it set the plugin stream to stereo mix as line in.

anyway set the plugin to localhost:8000 and make up a password

now download and install the streamer thing. when you run it click the "->" in the top right and goto BCast, theres you set up the server details (name and that stuff) and put the plugin password in the password field.

now you're ready to host, although i think i had to mess with ports. my mate coulsn't hear me so i was playing with stuff randomly in config and it started working when i clicked "ok" under tcp port.

oh and one more thing. click "save URL" to get to get a hyper link to post on t'web

trajillo
04-22-2005, 01:00 PM
fo shizzy my nizzy

namzuf9
04-22-2005, 08:34 PM
It'll be sweet to see the FST radio up again.
What we got so far, 3,4 of yous that are up for a session? I might be able to contribute as well. What we are lacking is a decent server and thats in Rookie's hands. Has anyone spoke to admin to get the spin on if he can help or not?
I know that Mr B (rookie) is looking to keep FST going without too much cost so is the radio stream a feasible idea?

I'd love to see the streams back up and running but we gotta see if we can get a decent server that can support the listeners first. Whos gonna ask Brian?

GepperRankins
04-22-2005, 08:40 PM
if people can be bothered to download streamer we dont need a decent server :D

namzuf9
04-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Cool If it works well. Then at least those who actually want to listen can without caning server bandwidth. So whats the next step then? Talking to admin/mods and get a sticky somewhere, make sure that when you kick off there are listeners?

GepperRankins
04-22-2005, 09:13 PM
yeah, thats the problem with an extra download; less people can be bothered.

the way it works it should run perfect no matter how many people listen unless maybe more than 50% of listeners are on dialup.

the way i've worked it out is that a 48k stream can double for every broadband user with no noticible effect on each users' internet, (unless uploading files maybe)
then we can have an equal number of 56k'ers as broadbanders.

a pinned thread in the lounge would be cool but as far as i know, each host will have to post their own hyperlink for their show.

i'm streaming now btw :naughty:

namzuf9
04-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Dont hear nuthin..

If this gets up and running then the pinned topic could be edited when needed to link to the newest DJ link? Maybe a schedule?

GepperRankins
04-22-2005, 09:58 PM
sorry i closed. try now?

GepperRankins
04-22-2005, 10:02 PM
i have a connection, is there still no sound?

Vargas
04-22-2005, 10:05 PM
each host will have to post their own hyperlink for their show.
i think you can relay others "conventional stream"
http://www.streamerp2p.com/sgrph/bcast.gif

i'm streaming now btw :naughty:
and i'm streamripping it to mp3 :p

edit: yeah i'm listening

GepperRankins
04-22-2005, 10:07 PM
i just found the new chemical brothers album in some obscure folder on my bro's pc :01:

edit: i think to do the relay thing we'd need the one in charge of the hyperlink at their pc for every show

Vargas
04-22-2005, 10:09 PM
well thats better then finding the new moby album :p

namzuf9
04-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Hearing ya now. :)

Strangelove
04-22-2005, 10:49 PM
I've only read the first few posts but if this thread is still in favour if bringing the radio back, then yes please!

If you guys have heard Lamsey's voice, them i'm sure you'll agree with me. It's as sexy as hell!

*sigh* :blushing:

Lilmiss
04-23-2005, 01:41 PM
I have given up trying now. :cry:

May have to fiddle with it when I'm pished and have more patience.

GepperRankins
04-23-2005, 01:45 PM
oh for keck's sake why do you only try when i'm not broadcasting? :angry:

i've changed to shoutcast because spacial audio want me to pay something like £50 for their plugin. the shoutcast uses about 7% of my processor though :ohmy:

tell us if it's working now

Lilmiss
04-23-2005, 01:50 PM
I think an "Idiots Guide" may be of some use here.
For those of us that drank cheap vodka last night.

That streamer really does screw up the internet connection for me.
Any ideas?

GepperRankins
04-23-2005, 01:55 PM
i don't know why it's messing up your internet i haven't heard complaints like that from anyone else.

i think the fact you can't connect might because of ports on my pc. some smelly hacker or something keeps blocking port 8000 so i have to use 8100

Vargas
04-28-2005, 01:30 PM
i think you can do a online/offline thingie in your sig
status (http://www.streamerp2p.com/plates.php?id=ffac96c6)
if they allowed php script images