PDA

View Full Version : Any program with the same amount of files as emule?

Lincoln-Imp
04-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Emule has many of the things i want but it takes absolutely ages to get a download to even start so i was wondering if theres any other programs that have the same amount of files as emule but is quicker at downloading?

erRor67
04-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Yeah, emule doest have long waits. Which makes it really good for broadband people that leave their computers on for a long time. As for networks that have just as many files.. erm, the only two i can think of is the Fasttrack network and Bit Torrent. The former has many fakes so if ya gunna take that route, i recommend u use the K-Lite 2.7 client. http://www.filesharinghelp.com On the other hand, bit torrent is waaaaay better so try that too. Great for new releases.

vegeta_ssj12
04-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Emule isn't the one with the many files. Its the servers. Razorback 2 rocks, its mostly full though. anyways, i don't beleive it gets much better than Emule, it downloads a little bit chaotic but it works for me.

Never tried Bittorrent tohugh, is it easy too use? Is it reliable? Has it lots of sources?

Lincoln-Imp
04-22-2005, 02:04 PM
When i try to connect to Razorback 2 it says eD2K connecting but then it says disconnected. Does this mean that its full?

Lincoln-Imp
04-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Something that is doing my head in, when i click on connect to Razorback 2 and when it does connect it goes to Btye Devils, whats this about?

Lincoln-Imp
04-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Also when i click on a file im downloading it says in the corner "Clients on queue- 0". What does that mean?

Vargas
04-22-2005, 02:43 PM
it means no one want's your files :p
you must not have a full chunk of a partial yet, once you do, and start uploading that chunk, you will earn credits, and you won't have to wait so long in the queues

Lincoln-Imp
04-22-2005, 02:54 PM
it means no one want's your files :p
you must not have a full chunk of a partial yet, once you do, and start uploading that chunk, you will earn credits, and you won't have to wait so long in the queues
ok thx, next to the clients on queue it still says 0 but in brackets it now says 3 banned. What does that mean?

Vargas
04-22-2005, 03:04 PM
that means that 3 clients reasked too many times in a 10 minute period, or some other hostile/aggressive behavior
see: http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/help.cgi?l=1&rm=show_topic&topic_id=136

Lincoln-Imp
04-22-2005, 03:13 PM
that means that 3 clients reasked too many times in a 10 minute period, or some other hostile/aggressive behavior
see: http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/help.cgi?l=1&rm=show_topic&topic_id=136
Thanks for your help :) My download just started :D but it is awfully slow :(

Vargas
04-22-2005, 03:21 PM
yeah until you have a full chunk to upload for credits it will be slow.
even after you start uploading chunks, it may be slow due to others having more time in queue or more credits then you.
see heres the deal, emule, through source exchange, finds almost every source there is on the network, and any program that finds all the sources on a network will have long queues, for short queues use a program that makes it hard to find sources, they will have shorter queues

Lincoln-Imp
04-22-2005, 03:37 PM
kk ive had emule for a while but havnt really used it much but then had a look at it and it sounds as if its going to be good the more i use it. One more thing, im downloading some avi files and im not sure if there going to be in english so is there any way i can preview it?

Vargas
04-22-2005, 03:39 PM
yeah once you have the first chunk you will see the rightclick option "preview" will not be grayed out.
a better way to tell is by looking at what the full sources have the file named, by mousing over the source, or right clicking>see file details

RealitY
04-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Well eMule is a great app for hard to find files although if your getting new stuff there are much better ways to go such as News BT or IRC as they will be much fatser on that type of stuff...

Lincoln-Imp
04-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Well eMule is a great app for hard to find files although if your getting new stuff there are much better ways to go such as News BT or IRC as they will be much fatser on that type of stuff...
Apparently the ISP im using has set something up so all bit torrent downloads are slow. Also how safe is bit torrent?

Lincoln-Imp
04-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Whenever a file is downloading next to the source number it it always says (1) next to it. I guess this means im downloading from 1 person. So why does it always download from just 1 person and no more?

EDIT: Ignore this, it changed as i wrote this message

RealitY
04-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Well BT is actually about as unsafe as it gets really when using public sites although if you are using a private site it may be considered better perhaps. As for News and IRC they are generally about as safe as it gets...