PDA

View Full Version : TOTALY STUCK please help

arrynev
04-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi all, i'm running XP home on an ASROCK Mobo with an Athlon XP 2.400 CPU and 1024 RAM,
and when i turned on today the fans start (5 fans) but nothing else happens, the screen will not even light up and there are no sounds coming from any of the Hard drives. i have tried it with another H/D but it is the same. nothing at all goes exept the fans, and there is no usual beep as you get at startup. oh yes i have my screen working on another computer st this moment. Any ideas?

Snee
04-24-2005, 12:44 PM
Tried doing the usual stuff?

You know, gone through all the connections to see you haven't connected the powerswitch, or anything else wrong, checked to see that you haven't forgotten to connect something, tried another (maybe more powerful) psu, disconnected everything but the ram, processor and graphics and tried to to start it up with only those, tried the graphics card in another machine, etc?

Edit: have you tried resetting your CMOS?

Also, what are your full specs (especially your psu output and brand), and do any lights come on when you try starting it up?

And do the fans keep spinning, or do they just rev up when you turn the power on, only to stop again?

arrynev
04-24-2005, 12:55 PM
it was working last night and i have not changed anything since, and the fans keep on running psu is a DACOMEX 350 watt, Hard drives are 80 Gb Maxtor Primary-160 Gb Maxtor slave and everything has been running well for months

Snee
04-24-2005, 12:59 PM
Well, try it with a minimum of stuff connected, or try another psu, sounds like a dodgy brand.

Another thread with a bunch of suggestions on another board (http://forums.pimprig.com/showthread.php?threadid=34580)

Or, I guess you can wait for clocker or lynx to come around with a brilliant suggestion I haven't thought of.

arrynev
04-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Got it back THAAAANKS SNNY. agood job i had another PSU ithought it might be my CPU/MOBO

Snee
04-24-2005, 01:20 PM
'k, for future reference, get a good psu from a good brand, if this one had been fried, like they sometimes do, you might have lost more than just the psu.

Fortron or Antec true are good, for instance.

Happened to my brother not long ago, with a no-name psu :( He lost a hd.

Glad you got it to work :)

lynx
04-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Just thought I'd pop in here with a brilliant suggestion:

Let SnnY sort it out :P

clocker
04-25-2005, 12:13 AM
My brilliant suggestion....

Buy a Mac.