PDA

View Full Version : Firefox or Opera?

summond_skull
04-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Well,

Firefox is gettin' a little boring now...

I like it, its fast, effective and blocks most pop ups. But sometimes it takes a while to load and it can't run things on some sites. Like MSN Space, you can't use Paragraphs on the Blog entries and etc.

I was wondering if I should get Opera? A lot of people have said its good, but the new version (Opera 8) sounds as if its got a lot of bugs >_<

Well, I was wonderin' what do ya'll prefer to use and recomnd?

Firefox or Opera?

100%
04-24-2005, 10:29 PM
tried both - went back to the fox cause i was lazy, one thing i liked with opera was the option of dividing 2 tabs on the screen at once.
for the rest opera seemed to have too much for me - may go back to it later

uNz[i]
04-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Oh god no.. not another "what's the best browser?" thread. :lol:

Ok ok... sorry, I'll play nice.

I tried Opera a while back to see what all the fuss was about with the mouse gestures, but I never really found it to my taste.
I also didn't like the ad bar so I had no choice but to crack it. A browser you need to crack = blah.

So I continue to be one of those increasingly annoying Firefox fanboys you see on just about every forum. :)

david622
04-25-2005, 12:41 AM
i love opera. it's faster, more customizable, and i can't live without mouse gestures ^_^

zapjb
04-25-2005, 01:00 AM
I like both.

{I}{K}{E}
04-25-2005, 08:27 AM
dont like opera it has 2 many options I won't use :P

Virtualbody1234
04-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Well,

Firefox is gettin' a little boring now...

I like it, its fast, effective and blocks most pop ups. But sometimes it takes a while to load and it can't run things on some sites. Like MSN Space, you can't use Paragraphs on the Blog entries and etc.

I was wondering if I should get Opera? A lot of people have said its good, but the new version (Opera 8) sounds as if its got a lot of bugs >_<

Well, I was wonderin' what do ya'll prefer to use and recomnd?

Firefox or Opera?
Why not try Opera and tell us what you think?

enoughfakefiles
04-25-2005, 07:33 PM
IE rawks111!!!1111 :01:

I`ve never tried opera, but i`ve finally got used to firefox. It`s brill at stopping all the pr0n pop ups you get even when you don`t go on pr0n sites. :unsure:

dinner123
04-25-2005, 07:44 PM
']I tried Opera a while back to see what all the fuss was about with the mouse gestures, but I never really found it to my taste.
I also didn't like the ad bar so I had no choice but to crack it. A browser you need to crack = blah.

So I continue to be one of those increasingly annoying Firefox fanboys you see on just about every forum. :)
what he said :thumbsup:

zacspeed
04-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Opera for me (still).

Formula1
04-25-2005, 08:41 PM
']Oh god no.. not another "what's the best browser?" thread. :lol:

Ok ok... sorry, I'll play nice.

I tried Opera a while back to see what all the fuss was about with the mouse gestures, but I never really found it to my taste.

same here. The ad bar totally pissed me off.

tesco
04-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Firefox.
I love how easy it is to get skins and extensions for it. :D

LilAznAccommodator
04-26-2005, 03:00 AM
Well.. I have used both FireFox and Opera... And honestly... In the end.. I have to side with Opera... I can't really explain why.. But I like it more than FireFox.

Afronaut
04-26-2005, 03:14 AM
I like Opera because of the eMail app innit.
I like Firefox because the plugins like Adblock and the others.

Here's a real Fanboy when it comes to Opera:
http://tntluoma.com/opera/lover/

:D

asmithz
04-26-2005, 03:30 AM
i love opera. it's faster, more customizable, and i can't live without mouse gestures ^_^

Firefox has an extension you can get off there site to get mouse gestures :rolleyes:

I like Opera because of the eMail app innit.

Thunderbird, can be built to work with Firefox.

I dont have anything against Opera, Just as {I}{K}{E} said, its too bulky. Wont use half the things it offers.

summond_skull
04-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Hmm... Does Opera use a lot of resources? And I think I'll try it out as soon as my Adobe DL finishes:D Thanks a lot for the suggestions :)

As for the "adbar" could someone give me info on what it is and how to get rid of it (PM me).

Money Fist
04-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Opera for me (ex F.Fox user)

Hmm... Does Opera use a lot of resources?
u can customize the amount of RAM Opera takes
and adjust disk cache size

PMed

david622
04-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Opera takes up less resources than firefox to my understanding