PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix coverage....

sArA
04-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Yesterday, I watched the Grand Prix on ITV.....and it was one of the most exciting races for many seasons, with Schumacher up the tail of Alonso having made up 30 seconds to get to the front......

With 3 laps to go.......ADVERTS!!!! :(

I mean FFS! What were they thinking?

We returned to the action with less than 1 lap to go.....the excitement of the chase gone....the whole point of watching the damn thing ruined. No tension, nothing.....oh and then they replayed the last 3 laps to show us what we missed after the race had finished.

It wouldn't have been so bad, but this was LIVE......

I just want to spit in the eye of the twat who thought it was a good idea.

{I}{K}{E}
04-25-2005, 08:54 AM
I think the time was planned before the race started.

sArA
04-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Ok I can see that.....but with 3 laps to go...did they not think that it might be seen by those watching as totally innappropriate?

Whoever thought that it would be a good idea to interrupt a race right at the end wants their heads examining (then rejected as stupid) Whether or not it was a critical ending is not the point, its a stupid place for adverts in any event.

Wankers....... :(

As you can tell, this has really pissed me off.

Barbarossa
04-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Yesterday, I watched the Grand Prix on ITV.....and it was one of the most exciting races for many seasons, with Schumacher up the tail of Alonso having made up 30 seconds to get to the front......

With 3 laps to go.......ADVERTS!!!! :(

I mean FFS! What were they thinking?

We returned to the action with less than 1 lap to go.....the excitement of the chase gone....the whole point of watching the damn thing ruined. No tension, nothing.....oh and then they replayed the last 3 laps to show us what we missed after the race had finished.

It wouldn't have been so bad, but this was LIVE......

I just want to spit in the eye of the twat who thought it was a good idea.

It's been like that ever since ITV won the rights to show F1. One of the reasons I don't watch it as much as I used to.

If you think about it from the point of view of the advertiser, what better time to show a commercial, then when the entire audience is glued to their sets!

Even in the more mundane races of the last couple of years, they always had more ad-breaks towards the latter stages of the procession, I mean race, then near the start. :frusty:

sArA
04-25-2005, 09:14 AM
I guess I didn't notice when it was Schumacher 2 laps ahead of everyone else....for 6 years! :D

I suppose the new rules (don't like them either) have created this opportunity for an actual race.

I just think that they should be allowed to go as fast as possible with as many pit stops, tyre changes etc as they want. Formula 1 is for innovation in engineering, formula 3 is for the established, restricted stuff so its all pants really.

DarthInsinuate
04-25-2005, 11:20 AM
reminds me of Hungary '98 (i think), when they cut just before Hill took the lead in his Arrows on the next corner

yonki
04-25-2005, 02:14 PM
That happened all over the world i guess.

And you saw yesterday Schumacher's successor as F1 world champion.

nostalgia
04-25-2005, 06:29 PM
We're most fortunate in the Netherlands. This year a commercial station other than the one the year before does the coverage, but the one firm who sold the rights to them made sure the race isn't interrupted by commercials. The whole race without commercials! Yeah!

Just as F1 finally becomes exciting and tension isn't a rarety anymore!

Barbarossa
05-12-2005, 08:39 AM
There was a letter in this weeks radio times about this very thing. The "response" was they didn't want to interrupt the moments preceding, because they thought someone looked like they would be imminently overtaking someone else, and basically they ran out of time and so had to have the ad break. Apparently they will be taking steps so that this doesn't happen again. :snooty:

sArA
05-12-2005, 12:27 PM
We live in hope then :dry:

Me of little faith.... :cynic:

GepperRankins
05-22-2005, 12:11 PM
can someone tell me... why is jenson button doing commentery?

manker
05-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Because he's been banned for a few races?

DanB
05-22-2005, 12:50 PM
biscuit for manker

GepperRankins
05-22-2005, 12:55 PM
so what did he do wrong?

enoughfakefiles
05-22-2005, 01:06 PM
so what did he do wrong?

His car was overweight and he also had a second fuel tank inside the one in the car. :ph34r:

GepperRankins
05-22-2005, 01:15 PM
what's the point in putting a fuel tank inside a fuel tank?

manker
05-22-2005, 01:22 PM
what's the point in putting a fuel tank inside a fuel tank?Cocaine smuggling :unsure:

enoughfakefiles
05-22-2005, 01:23 PM
what's the point in putting a fuel tank inside a fuel tank?

A more accurate discription. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/4514569.stm)

The car was underweight no over. My bad. :D

DanB
05-22-2005, 01:23 PM
it was underweight. the point of it was that it added weight to the car so they didn't have to have extra ballast

enoughfakefiles
05-22-2005, 01:27 PM
i think

About what..... :shifty:

GepperRankins
05-22-2005, 01:28 PM
:ohmy: cheaters :dry:

{I}{K}{E}
05-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Star Wars car looked nice :cool:

and the Stormtroopers :lol:

sArA