PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Avatar

MERLIN
04-07-2003, 01:05 PM
Sob..Sob...Boo..Hoo....somebodys been using my avatar.. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

jetje
04-07-2003, 01:13 PM
pm him and ask if he wil change..! B)

Rocktron
04-07-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by MERLIN@7 April 2003 - 14:05
Sob..Sob...Boo..Hoo....somebodys been using my avatar.. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:
Chips man that sucks!!! :o

Why not compare the dates you both joined and settle something?
The first joined keeps the Avatar? Just an idea! :unsure:

Good Luck!

Rocktron
04-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by jetje@7 April 2003 - 14:13
pm him and ask if he wil change..! B)
btw jetje... i still love your Avatar!! ;)

Jibbler
04-07-2003, 01:46 PM
Someone stole my avatar too. I guess its popular. Maybe I'll post hashes to my avatar? :huh: :huh:

N£MO
04-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by MERLIN@7 April 2003 - 14:05
Sob..Sob...Boo..Hoo....somebodys been using my avatar.. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
Since when did that become your avatar?I downloaded that ages ago so you cant claim its yours :rolleyes:

@ Jetje,i found someone with your avatar on another forum i visit...

MERLIN
04-07-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron+7 April 2003 - 14:15--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 7 April 2003 - 14:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MERLIN@7 April 2003 - 14:05
Chips man that sucks&#33;&#33;&#33; :o

The first joined keeps the Avatar? Just an idea&#33; :unsure:

Good Luck&#33; [/b][/quote]
Thats no good he joined first but i had the avatar first..........and to the other chap, you may have downloaded it..... but i have used it, so it is mine, and i dont think its fair that people should copy each other avatars...there are plenty to choose from.....i suppose i am consolidated by the fact that the imposters is very poor quality :) ........ :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Rocktron
04-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by MERLIN+7 April 2003 - 15:00--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MERLIN @ 7 April 2003 - 15:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Rocktron@7 April 2003 - 14:15
<!--QuoteBegin--MERLIN@7 April 2003 - 14:05

Good Luck&#33;
Thats no good he joined first but i had the avatar first..........and to the other chap, you may have downloaded it..... but i have used it, so it is mine, and i dont think its fair that people should copy each other avatars...there are plenty to choose from.....i suppose i am consolidated by the fact that the imposters is very poor quality :) ........ :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Sure friend.. but that it not traceable&#33;
I&#39;ts about who used it first on THIS BOARD... Everybody can download avatars&#33; They are public&#33;

Just (like jetje said) PM him/her and settle something&#33;

MERLIN
04-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by jetje@7 April 2003 - 14:13
pm him and ask if he wil change..&#33; B)
Done, Done and Done........ :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

jetje
04-07-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by N£MO@7 April 2003 - 15:47
@ Jetje,i found someone with your avatar on another forum i visit...
yeah is no problem, it&#39;s not copyrighted or so... And it&#39;s a nice avatar, so...
Just think here in the forum everyone who has an handpicked avatar, don&#39;t has to copy one from another member.Avatars are more a signature to me then the sig is... S just pick one that isn&#39;t in use here. There are so many possibilitys there is no need for that.

Acecool
04-07-2003, 05:03 PM
Actuatly avatars are copyright or copywrite hmm by the person who made it and uploaded it first for 70 years afterhis/her last living family member

J'Pol
04-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Acecool@7 April 2003 - 18:03
Actuatly avatars are copyright or copywrite hmm by the person who made it and uploaded it first for 70 years afterhis/her last living family member
Where is this copryright held, i.e. which country.

racer II
04-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Just make an avatar and sig with your own user name.
So there is no meaning of stealing that ;)

J'Pol
04-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Acecool@7 April 2003 - 18:03
Is your site commercial

http://www.acecoolco.com/index.php?page=about

It&#39;s just that it mentions you and your company and implies it&#39;s content is copyright protected. As I understand it the board does not allow advertising of commercial sites. Perhaps I have got that wrong.

Maybe one of the mods can clarify the position.

Somebody1234
04-07-2003, 07:02 PM
I think that using someone elses avatar or signature should not be allowed on this board. Show a little respect people.

Fatal Error
04-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron+7 April 2003 - 08:18--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 7 April 2003 - 08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jetje@7 April 2003 - 14:13
pm him and ask if he wil change..&#33; B)
btw jetje... i still love your Avatar&#33;&#33; ;)[/b][/quote]
LMAO&#33;&#33; .. I agree, jetje has some avatar.. I can watch her run all day&#33; :D :D

Wizzandabe
04-07-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron+7 April 2003 - 13:15--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 7 April 2003 - 13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MERLIN@7 April 2003 - 14:05

Good Luck&#33; [/b][/quote]
if you wnated to do that then it looks like i have got it. but don&#39;t worry ill find a new one that how kind i am. i didnt see that you had this same one maybe if you used the form a little more i would have seen it. i got it form a web site 3rd result on google search was avtars.

Proff.Moriarty
04-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by JmiF+7 April 2003 - 18:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 7 April 2003 - 18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Acecool@7 April 2003 - 18:03
Is your site commercial

It&#39;s just that it mentions you and your company and implies it&#39;s content is copyright protected. As I understand it the board does not allow advertising of commercial sites. Perhaps I have got that wrong.

Maybe one of the mods can clarify the position. [/b][/quote]
Yes, i totally agree. Commercial advertising is not allowed here and in fact has been mentioned many times before. I think the MODS have missed this one.

Here is the ruling on that one:
6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.

J'Pol
04-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by JmiF+7 April 2003 - 18:27--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 7 April 2003 - 18:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Acecool@7 April 2003 - 18:03
Is your site commercial

Maybe one of the mods can clarify the position.[/b][/quote]
Sorry to quote myself, however nothing seems to have been done about this. As I understand it we are not allowed to advertise commercial sites.

I assume this rule is there for a reason. We have had problems in the past with parts of the board being closed. Fortunately this did not result in this forum going under, thanks to members keeping the faith.

However it is not unreasonable for us to recognise that rules are there for a reason. Would someone please tell me if this advert is within the rules. The chap is advertising a commercial site, or what appears to be one. Is there some reason that this is different from previous posts which have been deleted.

Any advice from a mod greatly appreciated. We don&#39;t want to end up back where we were, with the forun neutered.

J'Pol
04-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by pyromonkey@7 April 2003 - 23:24
i made my avatar so anybody who takes it is a gay ass prick&#33;
The voice of reason speaks.

Do you find you insult a lot of people without knowing why.

J'Pol
04-07-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Proff.Moriarty+7 April 2003 - 23:19--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Proff.Moriarty @ 7 April 2003 - 23:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -JmiF@7 April 2003 - 18:27
<!--QuoteBegin--Acecool@7 April 2003 - 18:03
Is your site commercial

Yes, i totally agree. Commercial advertising is not allowed here and in fact has been mentioned many times before. I think the MODS have missed this one.

6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited. [/b][/quote]
Sorry to be pedantic baldy, but maybe the admistrators agreed to this. I think maybe you are a wee bit too H4r5h.

I was only seeking an ok from the mods. Basically has this advertising been authorised. If so then cool. Otherwise can we have something done about it.

Proff.Moriarty
04-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by JmiF+7 April 2003 - 23:31--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 7 April 2003 - 23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Proff.Moriarty@7 April 2003 - 23:19

Is your site commercial

6. Advertising or soliciting for a product or service for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited.
Sorry to be pedantic baldy, but maybe the admistrators agreed to this. I think maybe you are a wee bit too H4r5h.

I was only seeking an ok from the mods. Basically has this advertising been authorised. If so then cool. Otherwise can we have something done about it. [/b][/quote]
If you think i am too harsh, then you dont know me - i have only just begun. As regards my lack of hair then that was under the belt - or above the hairline - or whatever you foreigners like to call it.

I think the mods are doing a very good job, but they are obviously not around to see such total dissregard for the rules of this forum. Its a shame when good natured people like myself have to be around to keep the law all the time though.

I cant understand how some people are even allowed here, but then its a free world i suppose.

J'Pol
04-07-2003, 10:53 PM
This is just spam, missing the point.

Why is this person being allowed to advertise a commercial site.

Mod, Mod, someone is breaking the rules here.

kAb
04-08-2003, 01:44 AM
do you complain about everything merlin?

Nightwolf
04-08-2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Wizzandabe+7 April 2003 - 15:41--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wizzandabe @ 7 April 2003 - 15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Rocktron@7 April 2003 - 13:15
<!--QuoteBegin--MERLIN@7 April 2003 - 14:05

Good Luck&#33;
if you wnated to do that then it looks like i have got it. but don&#39;t worry ill find a new one that how kind i am. i didnt see that you had this same one maybe if you used the form a little more i would have seen it. i got it form a web site 3rd result on google search was avtars.[/b][/quote]
I always thought you were Merlin, just using a different name. Believe me, you&#39;re better off changing it - you don&#39;t want to inherit his reputation.

( :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: )

OcramC
04-08-2003, 09:29 AM
cry like a baby

kAb
04-09-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by OcramC@8 April 2003 - 01:29
cry like a baby
really.

that image is up for grabs on animationfactory.com, no point in causing a fuss about it, just pm the person.

scribblec
04-09-2003, 03:55 PM
yeah
if u didnt make the avatar
or somebody didnt make it for u
then its up for grabs
because ive seen that avatar before u even joined
people its only an avatar
stop crying bout it
<_<

CornerPocket
04-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Proff.Moriarty+7 April 2003 - 17:40--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Proff.Moriarty @ 7 April 2003 - 17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -JmiF@7 April 2003 - 23:31

Is your site commercial

I was only seeking an ok from the mods. Basically has this advertising been authorised. If so then cool. Otherwise can we have something done about it.

I think the mods are doing a very good job, but they are obviously not around to see such total dissregard for the rules of this forum.[/b][/quote]
@JmiF,
will look into acecool&#39;s site, may have persmission from VB who knows. Nonetheless followup will be done.

@Proff.Moriarty, Sherlock_Holmes, Doctor_Watson, UKMan (whoever you are) ;)
too many names, gets confusing -

Perhaps you should check with a Mod/Admin prior to making assumption as to whether or not we are around before you proclaim we have total disregard for the rules of this forum. If we are not around 24/7, it may be that we Mods actually work, remember we do this at are free will. Things will slip by especially because of the large number of members. We catch what we can and react to it or what others provide. Have/or see an issue PM one of us, let&#39;s us look into it. Uncalled for to openly say we have no regard...............

Wizzandabe
04-09-2003, 04:44 PM
to put it bluntly, who cares. you got it back now.

Proff.Moriarty
04-09-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by CornerPocket@9 April 2003 - 17:39

Perhaps you should check with a Mod/Admin prior to making assumption as to whether or not we are around before you proclaim we have total disregard for the rules of this forum.&nbsp; If we are not around 24/7, it may be that we Mods actually work, remember we do this at are free will.&nbsp; Things will slip by especially because of the large number of members.&nbsp; We catch what we can and react to it or what others provide.&nbsp; Have/or see an issue PM one of us, let&#39;s us look into it.&nbsp; Uncalled for to openly say we have no regard...............
I believe it says Proff.Moriarty - but hey, thx for the reminder of who i am <_<

Consider my hand slapped - now im gonna run off into a corner (sic) and sob my eyes out.

If you speak with JJ first - you will get what all this is about - i assume you keep in touch ? That wasnt sarcasm - just a plain question.

Thats the trouble with chatsites/forums/boards etc - you just cant read between the lines, cause theres no face to look at, no voice to hear the emotions - thats also the reason why so many foolish arguments start here - we&#39;ve stopped talking to each other face to face, its a nightmare created by the Internet. We even send messages on the phone to each other saying we&#39;re outside the door "can i come in"? - think about it, you might understand where im at.

When S.Holmes or Dr.Watson or any of the others post here, think about their true character and wonder why just that person posted.

As far as saying you had totall dissregard - you missread that im afraid - if you read it properly, i said "...but they are obviously not around to see such total dissregard for the rules of this forum." - which in my books is NOT saying YOU have total dissregard but that the users have it. There is a BIG difference you know &#33;

Proff.Moriarty (not sherlock or any of the other twats)

edit: i cant spell - so what&#33;

scribblec
04-09-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Wizzandabe@9 April 2003 - 16:44
to put it bluntly, who cares. you got it back now.
exactly

CornerPocket
04-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Proff.Moriarty@9 April 2003 - 11:58
Consider my hand slapped -
mine as well.

J'Pol
04-09-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by CornerPocket+9 April 2003 - 17:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CornerPocket @ 9 April 2003 - 17:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Proff.Moriarty@7 April 2003 - 17:40

Is your site commercial

I think the mods are doing a very good job, but they are obviously not around to see such total dissregard for the rules of this forum.
@JmiF,
will look into acecool&#39;s site, may have persmission from VB who knows. Nonetheless followup will be done.

Perhaps you should check with a Mod/Admin prior to making assumption as to whether or not we are around before you proclaim we have total disregard for the rules of this forum. If we are not around 24/7, it may be that we Mods actually work, remember we do this at are free will. Things will slip by especially because of the large number of members. We catch what we can and react to it or what others provide. Have/or see an issue PM one of us, let&#39;s us look into it. Uncalled for to openly say we have no regard............... [/b][/quote]
Thanks for that CP

However it may be easier for all concerned if there was some indication that the commercial advertising was authorised.

e.g. add a flag Authorised by VB
Incidentally are you a Go&#39;auld

PS I can spell "so what"

N£MO
04-09-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by JmiF+9 April 2003 - 22:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 9 April 2003 - 22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -CornerPocket@9 April 2003 - 17:39

Originally posted by -Proff.Moriarty@7 April 2003 - 17:40

Is your site commercial

I think the mods are doing a very good job, but they are obviously not around to see such total dissregard for the rules of this forum.
@JmiF,

Perhaps you should check with a Mod/Admin prior to making assumption as to whether or not we are around before you proclaim we have total disregard for the rules of this forum. If we are not around 24/7, it may be that we Mods actually work, remember we do this at are free will. Things will slip by especially because of the large number of members. We catch what we can and react to it or what others provide. Have/or see an issue PM one of us, let&#39;s us look into it. Uncalled for to openly say we have no regard...............
Thanks for that CP

However it may be easier for all concerned if there was some indication that the commercial advertising was authorised.

e.g. add a flag Authorised by VB
Incidentally are you a Go&#39;auld

PS I can spell "so what" [/b][/quote]
I like that a flag if authorised by VB :lol:

J'Pol
04-09-2003, 09:50 PM
And why not

Then we would all know

Are we doing the optical illusion thing again.

Reminds me of Martha

oldmancan
04-09-2003, 10:25 PM
This thread has morph&#39;d. But here&#39;s my two cents.

It&#39;s fun to see all the different avatars. Variety being spice and all. While ppl here are supposedly into sharing, it&#39;s a drag to see the same avatar being used by different ppl.

If a newbie (myself-2nd visit to forum) can follow the directions for placing an avatar in their profile then there should be no problem. If ppl unintentionally use the same avatar they can pm to work it out.

Commercial content, just play by the rules. If you don&#39;t like the rules then take the initiative to contact the admins and request a change in the rules. If the rule stands and you still have a problem, live with it or leave.

Commercial content that is authorized by the admins...little flag is a good idea...how practical...up to the admins.

btw keep in mind those are Canadian cents, we can&#39;t even afford real copper ones anymore. So above may be worthless to the rest of the world. :lol:

edit spelling

J'Pol
04-09-2003, 10:27 PM
I agree with you

But please don&#39;t throw me off a roof.

kAb
04-10-2003, 02:57 AM
ooo ooo. i can use an ebaums image&#33;&#33;&#33;
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/whocares1.jpg

Bender
04-10-2003, 03:07 AM
I believe it&#39;s time to close this topic now. :)