PDA

View Full Version : Survey Concerns

JRSellers
04-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Saturday, I filled out a survey regarding my BellSouth DSL service, and I'm a little concerned about one of my answers regarding what I do with my computer. One of the checkbox answers was "Downloading Music". So, by checking that, I won't be hassled by the RIAA, will I?

I download more music videos now than just straight-up music...have been ever since my download time got reduced from 4 hours to 30 minutes.

Here's the email Knowledge Systems & Research, Inc. sent me on behalf of BellSouth:

Dear BellSouth FastAccess DSL Customer:

BellSouth is very interested in hearing about your experiences using FastAccess DSL Service. We'd like to invite you to complete a brief web-based survey that will ask you to share your opinions about FastAccess DSL Service from service performance to customer support. As a part of a select group of FastAccess users who are being invited to participate, the information you provide will guide BellSouth's on-going efforts to improve the quality of your DSL service.

We hope that you will take the time to complete this important customer survey before April 26, 2005. Customers who receive this invitation are invited to participate in a drawing for one of four cash prizes totaling $1000. You are automatically entered by completing the survey. If you wish to enter the drawing, but don't want to participate in the survey, please send your name, e-mail address, mail address, city, state and zip to (deleted for security reasons).

To participate in the survey:
Go to (deleted for security reasons)
NOTE: If you are unable to click on the link directly, please type the entire link into the address or location field at the top of your web browser, and press the ENTER key on your keyboard to access the survey website.

ANONYMITY AND PRIVACY:
In order to help ensure confidentiality, BellSouth has commissioned Knowledge Systems and Research, Inc., an independent market research firm, to administer the survey.

All responses to the survey will be completely confidential. Any information you provide is for research purposes only, with results viewed in aggregate. Your answers will not be used by any BellSouth entity as an aide for sales and BellSouth will never disclose the information to any other company.

[This survey pertains to your BellSouth FastAccess DSL service used at your home. If you do not have BellSouth FastAccess service at your home please do not complete this survey.]

If you have questions or require technical assistance, please contact the KS&Rs Support Desk by sending an e-mail to (deleted for security reasons) or by calling toll free, (deleted for security reasons). Please refer to the BellSouth Consumer Satisfaction Survey.

For details about the drawing, please go to (deleted for security reasons)

We look forward to receiving your feedback and thank you in advance for your participation.

Sincerely,

BellSouth

**You are receiving this e-mail from Knowledge Systems & Research, Inc. as authorized by BellSouth. **

If you do not want to participate in this study, please click here (deleted for security reasons).

Samurai
04-25-2005, 07:47 PM
click on the link again - your answers are still there - i'm reading them.

change them if you want to

enoughfakefiles
04-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Here in the UK they`ve just started to a the music downloads to the charts. Does this mean if it`s not in the charts your gonna get done. :ph34r:

JRSellers
04-25-2005, 08:20 PM
I went though it again, and changed my answers regarding music downloads to "No comment."

BTW, if I'd known anyone could read it, and I assume change my answers, I would not have posted the email w/ the links.

lynx
04-25-2005, 11:53 PM
You probably should have changed your phone number too.

Don't worry, I did that for you. ;)

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Oh great. I guess now I'll have to go thru it every day to make sure ya'll don't change my answers. :angry:

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 12:55 AM
I noticed most of my "classification" answer were changed. I changed them back.

Why are you people messing with me?! [:angry: as frell]

Samurai
04-26-2005, 04:49 AM
try editing your original post to assure no one gets access to the URL

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 05:51 AM
Everyone who's seen it has probably either memorized those links, wrote them down, or did a quick copy 'n' paste. Even worse, those URLs are in their browser history.

manker
04-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Everyone who's seen it has probably either memorized those links, wrote them down, or did a quick copy 'n' paste. Either that or they didn't care enough to do anything :huh:

lynx
04-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Well, it shows that BellSouth aren't really the ones you need to worry about, there's a much bigger security hole - YOU. I bet you think a firewall is a waste of time too.

You left an open form where you admit to file sharing, with your phone number in plain view. No doubt the RIAA will be very grateful to you for providing the evidence.

I told you I changed the phone number. It was for your own good - if I hadn't then you wouldn't have gone back in there and checked the rest of the form. Hundreds of guests come in here every day, if you leave something like that open what do you expect?

Virtualbody1234
04-26-2005, 11:46 AM
I would also think that the survey is optional. I never fill them out.

In fact to fill out any form on the internet with your phone number or personal information isn't a good idea.

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Well, it shows that BellSouth aren't really the ones you need to worry about, there's a much bigger security hole - YOU.

You're right, I'm stupid.

I bet you think a firewall is a waste of time too.

Wrong.

You left an open form where you admit to file sharing, with your phone number in plain view. No doubt the RIAA will be very grateful to you for providing the evidence.

I did change the relevent answers to "No comment" (except for my phone #). Do you think that could've helped a bit...privacywise?

BTW, I never share my files, I just download. The survey never mentioned file sharing.

I told you I changed the phone number. It was for your own good - if I hadn't then you wouldn't have gone back in there and checked the rest of the form.

Right.

Hundreds of guests come in here every day, if you leave something like that open what do you expect?

Right again.

:unsure: :frusty: :fear: :sadwalk:

manker
04-26-2005, 03:29 PM
BTW, I never share my files, I just download.Leech :dry:

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Leech :dry:

So be it.

bujub22
04-26-2005, 03:47 PM
:lol:im lmao to this thread:lol:ooh i missed something good!:lol:

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 04:31 PM
I would also think that the survey is optional. I never fill them out.

In fact to fill out any form on the internet with your phone number or personal information isn't a good idea.

Don't know if this helps since KS&R probably has my answers on file by now, but I went thru the survey again, and changed some more of my answers to "No comment" and "Prefer not to disclose". My phone # is a fake now,. and I've changed my last name to Doe.

Samurai
04-26-2005, 04:32 PM
So be it.

In that case I hope you find yourself banned from the p2p clients you're using.

Why should others take the "risk" in filesharing when people like you just leech off everyone else. If everyone had the same mentality as you we wouldn't get ANYTHING! :frusty: :dry: :dry: :dry:

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 04:35 PM
ooh i missed something good!:lol:

IF TRUE GOTO :cool:
IF FALSE GOTO You, lie you die!

Virtualbody1234
04-26-2005, 04:40 PM
You're right, I'm stupid.

Right.

BTW, I never share my files, I just download. The survey never mentioned file sharing.

Right.

What an asshole leech you are. :angry:

And not even smart enough to know not to mention that you "don't share your files" on a filesharing forum.

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 04:42 PM
In that case I hope you find yourself banned from the p2p clients you're using.

Why should others take the "risk" in filesharing when people like you just leech off everyone else. If everyone had the same mentality as you we wouldn't get ANYTHING! :frusty: :dry: :dry: :dry:

If P2P client companies didn't think that should be the user's choice, then P2P clients wouldn't have the option to turn off sharing.

Virtualbody1234
04-26-2005, 04:45 PM
On second thought... Fuck off asshole.

manker
04-26-2005, 04:46 PM
If P2P client companies didn't think that should be the user's choice, then P2P clients wouldn't have the option to turn off sharing.Many don't have that option but maybe you temporarily need your upload for something else - like an email. So the facility is there to switch it off.

The key word there is temporarily. You should share your files to at least a 1:1 ratio, it's impolite not to.

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 04:48 PM
What an asshole leech you are. :angry:

...and I'm proud of it. :P

manker
04-26-2005, 04:51 PM
...and I'm proud of it. :PWeird.

You gave multiple people your telephone number and now you're trying to piss them off.

Are you a moron, at all.

Samurai
04-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Can we ban this cocksucker?

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Many don't have that option...

Mine does.

You should share your files to at least a 1:1 ratio, it's impolite not to.

You call it impolite, I call it real.

manker
04-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Can we ban this cocksucker?You know, I was just thinking that. Since he's revelling in being a non-sharing leech.

Under normal circumstances I'm against banning anyone, no matter what they do. This bloke seems utterly worthless, tho'.

manker
04-26-2005, 05:00 PM
You call it impolite, I call it real.Yeah, really impolite.

As I say, I think you're a moron who has absolutely nothing to add to a filesharing forum - both the on-topic and off-topic sections.

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Yeah, really impolite.

As I say, I think you're a moron who has absolutely nothing to add to a filesharing forum - both the on-topic and off-topic sections.

You're entitled to your opinion.

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Weird.

You gave multiple people your telephone number and now you're trying to piss them off.

Are you a moron, at all.

I thought I was an asshole. :P

Samurai
04-26-2005, 05:07 PM
So you're actually proud of doing this?

*Could a Mod be kind enough to PM me his IP Address please, I'm going to put it in my ban list on my client. I do not want this leecher consuming my bandwidth which others could be using*

manker
04-26-2005, 05:07 PM
I thought I was an asshole. :PNo, that you're an asshole is someone else's opinion.

My opinion is that you're a moron - I thought I'd made that clear.

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 05:08 PM
You know, I was just thinking that. Since he's revelling in being a non-sharing leech.

Under normal circumstances I'm against banning anyone, no matter what they do. This bloke seems utterly worthless, tho'.

Moderator or Admins choice. Either one. It's fine with me.

Samurai
04-26-2005, 05:10 PM
http://survey.confirmit.com/wix/p274405725.aspx?r=54159&s=VBAHHPOG

This is his survey. Feel free to add optional comments where and when they ask.
For ideas, anything relating to child pr0n, beastiality, downloading Microsoft products are generally accepted. A story of molestation by a "famous singer", cocaine smuggling and a heroin addiction would be a welcome bonus too. Knock yourself out.

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 05:12 PM
So you're actually proud of doing this?

*Could a Mod be kind enough to PM me his IP Address please, I'm going to put it in my ban list on my client. I do not want this leecher consuming my bandwidth which others could be using*

Which client do you use?

You knew I'd ask.

manker
04-26-2005, 05:12 PM

For ideas, anything relating to child pr0n, beastiality, downloading Microsoft products are generally accepted. A story of molestation by a "famous singer", cocaine smuggling and a heroin addiction would be a welcome bonus too. Knock yourself out.
:lol: :D

JRSellers
04-26-2005, 05:18 PM

I thinkI went to far. :fear: I'm banning myself.

GepperRankins
04-26-2005, 05:25 PM
the survey doesn't mean anything anyway :blink:

Virtualbody1234
04-26-2005, 06:04 PM
... Fuck off asshole.

I thinkI went to far. :fear: I'm banning myself.
Wow! He actually listened. :lol:

It looks like he's gone.

manker
04-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Wow! He actually listened. :lol:

It looks like he's gone.
:lol: :01:

Samurai
04-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Yea I've heard all this before.

Nothing to stop this tard from re-registering.

I'll start celebrating when his IP is blacklisted in all P2P clients :)