PDA

View Full Version : i want to hear j2k4 read one of his posts.

GepperRankins
04-26-2005, 01:06 AM
it may be hard to believe, but it's not trolling.

i just wonder what it sounds like. he writes like an old englis.. lawy.. well no-one else in the world. yet i imagine he sounds like someone off dukes of hazzard or something :blink:

peat moss
04-26-2005, 02:36 AM
Phone him ?

ziggyjuarez
04-26-2005, 03:16 AM
I'd much rather hear you "mate"

Skiz
04-26-2005, 03:55 AM

:sick:

manker
04-26-2005, 08:56 AM
it may be hard to believe, but it's not trolling.

i just wonder what it sounds like. he writes like an old englis.. lawy.. well no-one else in the world. yet i imagine he sounds like someone off dukes of hazzard or something :blink:Everyone knows that all Americans sound like Screech off Saved By The Bell.

I imagine j2 sounds like that but with a slight lisp.

Cleft palates often manifest themselves on the interweb such that the sufferer writes in an effusive manner.

Yesh.

Rick Phlegm
04-26-2005, 12:01 PM
I think everyone in Talk Club talks like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons anyway

Especially when they're arguing

GepperRankins
04-26-2005, 12:05 PM
you were due to hear me tonight but i haven't fully worked out that dj stuff. meh, i think i'll just host a badly put together show :01: but then i'm scared no-one will tune in next week :unsure:

vidcc
04-26-2005, 03:16 PM
I'd like to see j2 make his own posts

http://www.nigelhumour.co.uk/ooo.jpg

manker
04-26-2005, 03:18 PM
I know what you mean, vid.

Google doesn't constitute truth nor reason - he should think for himself :dry:

vidcc
04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
I know what you mean, vid.

Google doesn't constitute truth nor reason - he should think for himself :dry:
he doesn't google those articles....they are "must reads" ;)

http://www.hartleyfamily.org.uk/images/HARTLEYjr%20%20%20flyfishing.jpg

GepperRankins
04-26-2005, 03:27 PM
he doesn't google those articles....they are "must reads" ;)

http://www.hartleyfamily.org.uk/images/HARTLEYjr%20%20%20flyfishing.jpg
does that even exist?

bujub22
04-26-2005, 03:29 PM
I think everyone in Talk Club talks like Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons anyway

Especially when they're arguing
:lol: :lol: that flukking true!

j2k sounds to me like a old man with a billion books in 1 room a computer and a water fountain...and he sits there hitting flies with a cane all day and surfs the net:wacko:

vidcc
04-26-2005, 03:39 PM
does that even exist?
you think you are imagining it? :unsure: http://www.authenticwalk.com/images/tempta8.jpg

enoughfakefiles
04-26-2005, 05:43 PM
does that even exist?

Of course it does how do you think they did the advert. :lol:

GepperRankins
04-26-2005, 08:56 PM
i wasn't bitching. i just think it would be kinda surreal to hear you speak like you post

vidcc
04-26-2005, 08:59 PM
http://www.birdhouse.org/blog/images/waffle_assn.jpg :unsure:

Busyman
04-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Seriously-I love words, and long ago decided this would be my verbal gymnasium; I have had occasion in my past to do some written work which required a higher tone ( I won't bore you with the details) and found it to be the best and easiest intellectual exercise to be had, especially given my love of reading.
I do the opposite.

I write like how I speak in some instances. I write what comes off the top of my head with little care for the effect. It's quick and imprecise.

I feel no need to impress with my writing skill 'cause then I'll have say to myself, "Self, who the fuck are they?" :1eye:

Sometimes your verbage is a little boring but at least it has some substance. Can't say the same for mine. :(

football
04-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Sometimes your verbage is a little boringDo you find the adjectiveage a little more absorbing :blink:

Busyman
04-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Do you find the adjectiveage a little more absorbing :blink:
Should I have said verbiage for you to understand...my little 9 year old friend. :huh:

clocker
04-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Older members might recall that I have actually met J2 in person, travelling to the Fortress of Solitude and surviving the trip.
So I speak from experience.

Imagine Mike Ditka channeling Truman Capote and you've got it.

sArA
04-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Older members might recall that I have actually met J2 in person, travelling to the Fortress of Solitude and surviving the trip.

Ermmmm right ...... :unsure:

Who?

Busyman
04-27-2005, 01:43 PM
Any American knows who Mike Ditka is.

Yeah...who's Truman Capote?

Da Bares

Busyman
04-27-2005, 01:44 PM

Yup I remember you guy's picture.

I also remember j2's shirt being off in the picture. :sick: :shutup: :huh: :mellow: :unsure:

Wasn't it wintertime?

manker
04-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Should I have said verbiage for you to understand...my little 9 year old friend. :huh:Of course.

Not just for nine year olds - us grown-ups prefer it when sentences are coherent too :huh:

clocker
04-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Yup I remember you guy's picture.

I also remember j2's shirt being off in the picture. :sick: :shutup: :huh: :mellow: :unsure:

Wasn't it wintertime?
Yes indeedy.
As you might already suspect, there is enough hot air emanating from J2 to create a sub-tropical zone around him.

Orchids bloom right from snowbanks when he passes.
He is considered a minor deity by his neighbors.

manker
04-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Is it alright to see the pic again, please? Missed it the last time around and I would like to put faces to the verbiage :)

Busyman
04-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Of course.

Not just for nine year olds - us grown-ups prefer it when sentences are coherent too :huh:
Well sorry if you can't wrap your head around anything that is not prim and propa queen's English.

The use of verbage was meant to be dyslogistic hence the context of the sentence.

manker
04-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Well sorry if you can't wrap your head around anything that is not prim and propa queen's English.

The use of verbage was meant to be dyslogistic hence the context of the sentence.It only took sixteen hours for you to come up with that.

Given the membureaulogical context, that's damn near quick witted :D

Busyman
04-27-2005, 02:39 PM
It only took sixteen hours for you to come up with that.

Given the membureaulogical context, that's damn near quick witted :D
Wtf are you talking about? :blink:

You posted at 9:01 and I, at 9:25. :huh:

I don't come up with stuff. I leave that to you, the calculating grammaticalradical...and I'm at work. :unsure:

(that's weird this clock is off a bit)

manker
04-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Wtf are you talking about? :blink:

You posted at 9:01 and I, at 9:25. :huh:

I don't come up with stuff. I leave that to you, the calculating grammaticalradical...and I'm at work. :unsure:

(that's weird this clock is off a bit)Since last night, eejit.

I'm always at work when I post too.

Busyman
04-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Since last night, eejit.

I'm always at work when I post too.
You posted today ya dipshit areshole.

Get your times right. :huh: Are you on crack or buttcrack?

manker
04-27-2005, 03:24 PM
You posted today ya dipshit areshole.

Get your times right. :huh: Are you on crack or buttcrack?Always with the homosexual references. It's good, as a liberal minded straight man, to see someone so in touch with his left brain. Tis a credit to ya.

My point was exactly the same as the nine year old's - altho' the other was more subtle than my own. You had from last night to think of an explanation for your, ahem, cock-up.

Busyman
04-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Always with the homosexual references.
Well if it fits who it referred to, so be it. :unsure: It seems when you think of buttcrack it also evokes thoughts of men. :huh:

My point was exactly the same as the nine year old's - altho' the other was more subtle than my own. You had from last night to think of an explanation for your, ahem, cock-up.
I don't go into alllll a dat. For a person that is into timelines yours is off a wee bit.

My response to adjectiveage 9 year old was not even 3 hours later.

My response to you, not even 25 minutes later.

Yup, you're on buttcrack alright. :dry:

manker
04-27-2005, 03:40 PM
My response to adjectiveage 9 year old was not even 2 hours later.

My response to you, not even 25 minutes later.They're different. The latter exonerates you from error, the former makes it looks like a spelling error.

Ffs.

Busyman
04-27-2005, 03:47 PM
They're different. the latter exonerates you from error, the former makes it looks like a spelling error.

Ffs.
No dillweed.

Verbage is an intentional and known missspellling of verbiage.

It seems neither adjectiveage or yourself knew of such a thing which I guess explains your posts. :dry:

Sorry for teh slang. Jeez. :frusty:

16 hours? Was I thinking of YOUR post ahead of time? :lol: :lol: :lol:

manker
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
No dillweed.

Verbage is an intentional and known missspellling of verbiage.

It seems neither adjectiveage or yourself knew of such a thing which I guess explains your posts. :dry:

Sorry for teh slang. Jeez. :frusty:

16 hours? Was I thinking of YOUR post ahead of time? :lol: :lol: :lol:See, this is my point, you've had time to think about it now. You could have said that initially, or even three posts ago 'cause I wasn't being obtuse.

I cannot tell you what your intentions were, only you can inform us of that - I can merely say what it looked like to the reader which was that you made a spelling error, it was mentioned and then, much later, you covered it up.

:schnauz:

GepperRankins
04-27-2005, 04:37 PM
i bet you both at algebra :snooty:

manker
04-27-2005, 04:41 PM
i bet you both at algebra :snooty:Bet us what :huh:

GepperRankins
04-27-2005, 04:51 PM
sorry i must have been distracted half way through.

i meant i bet you both suck at algebra :snooty:

manker
04-27-2005, 04:53 PM
sorry i must have been distracted half way through.

i meant i bet you both suck at algebra :snooty:Busyman suck at something!!11

Surely you jest :ermm:

Busyman
04-27-2005, 06:33 PM
See, this is my point, you've had time to think about it now. You could have said that initially, or even three posts ago 'cause I wasn't being obtuse.

I cannot tell you what your intentions were, only you can inform us of that - I can merely say what it looked like to the reader which was that you made a spelling error, it was mentioned and then, much later, you covered it up.

:schnauz:
Think about what. There was no edit.

Verbage is meant to be there. Furthermore, I was being facetious when I said that adjectiveage didn't understand.

Still no edit.

You then pointed out it wasn't coherent meaning neither of you knew verbage was the correct contextual application. If you are going to be the geek that you wear on your sleeve, don't rip the shirt.

This "I made a mistake and covered it up" stuff is rather childish seeing that when looking at the sentence, it is correct (as far as slang goes). :dry:
I'm disssapppointed in you...being a grammatactician and all. :ermm:

Either way you're in my pocket, you and adjectiveage. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Busyman
04-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Busyman suck at something!!11
So surely you do...ya know...SUCK?

GepperRankins
04-27-2005, 06:48 PM
manker is an accountant so i can only presume busy sucks

Biggles
04-27-2005, 07:56 PM
A thread is started extolling the virtues of J2s vocubulary and expressing an interest in hearing him recite. A few pages later and we have one liners of the "you suck" variety. We can only be in The Lounge :lol:

I do not know the people that Clocker mentioned so the reference is lost. My own mental picture is more Charles Gray. :ph34r: :shifty:

enoughfakefiles
04-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I am so proud of all of you. :) :D

Thanks. :D

Lilmiss
04-27-2005, 09:39 PM
I imagine you all have stoopid accents, compared to me. :snooty:

J2 - Frasier
Manker - Daffyd
Busyman - Ali G :happy:

Guillaume
04-27-2005, 09:41 PM
I imagine you all have stoopid accents, compared to me. :snooty:

Er... No? :mellow:

Biggles
04-27-2005, 09:46 PM
Er... No? :mellow:

:unsure:

Ditto.

:lookaroun

Lilmiss
04-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Oh yes you do, in my head you sound like ground keeper Willie.
And Gee, well.... :lol: :pinch:

Biggles
04-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Oh yes you do, in my head you sound like ground keeper Willie.
And Gee, well.... :lol: :pinch:

I see, poor Gee is one of the French Knights and I am the mad enchanter Tim? :dry:

Something with sharp pointy teeth will be procured. :shifty:

Guillaume
04-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Fetchez la vache. :shifty:

Lilmiss
04-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Nooooo, not Shane Mcgowan. :cry: :no:

clocker
04-28-2005, 01:44 AM
I do not know the people that Clocker mentioned so the reference is lost. My own mental picture is more Charles Gray. :ph34r: :shifty:
http://www.celebritydetective.com/images/mike-ditka.jpg http://www.theatretoursinternational.com/SiteImages/TC1Web.jpg
The juxtaposition of the two differing personalities was meant to cause minor ripples of hilarity, but the references were too obscure apparently.

To simplify:
J2 could rip off your head should he desire.
He dotes on his cats.

He is multifaceted.

And clearly in touch with his feminine side.

NM.

GepperRankins
04-28-2005, 01:46 AM
liiik like a seruak killer :??

MCHeshPants420
04-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Yeah...who's Truman Capote?

He wrote In Cold Blood. A story about two burglars who killed an entire family they were robbing. Based on a true story as well.

manker
04-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Think about what. There was no edit.

Verbage is meant to be there. Furthermore, I was being facetious when I said that adjectiveage didn't understand.

Still no edit.

You then pointed out it wasn't coherent meaning neither of you knew verbage was the correct contextual application. If you are going to be the geek that you wear on your sleeve, don't rip the shirt.

This "I made a mistake and covered it up" stuff is rather childish seeing that when looking at the sentence, it is correct (as far as slang goes). :dry:
I'm disssapppointed in you...being a grammatactician and all. :ermm:

Either way you're in my pocket, you and adjectiveage. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah, you just fucked up :mellow:

Busyman
04-28-2005, 02:00 PM
He wrote In Cold Blood. A story about two burglars who killed an entire family they were robbing. Based on a true story as well.
Never heard of the book either.

Busyman
04-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Riiight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never seen you so adamant about proving something when you were in fact ignorant.

I horrible flaw wank. It's ok for some things to slip by. I type sentences and leave out entire words sometimes. It happens.
It's just bad because in this case there ain't a shred wrong but your mental dictionary can't let go.

First you google something obvious and now this. :pinch:

MCHeshPants420
04-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Never heard of the book either.

Breakfast at Tiffany's?

I only mentioned In Cold Blood because it's kind of ironic when you think about that gun thread elsewhere.

Two young men are ineffectual individually, but when together become violent criminals. They break into a wealthy farmer's home only to find that there is nearly no money at the home and murder the entire family to avoid identification

manker
04-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Riiight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never seen you so adamant about proving something when you were in fact ignorant.

I horrible flaw wank. It's ok for some things to slip by. I type sentences and leave out entire words sometimes. It happens.
It's just bad because in this case there ain't a shred wrong but your mental dictionary can't let go.

First you google something obvious and now this. :pinch:Nah, you just fucked up :mellow:

ziggyjuarez
04-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Deleted

Busyman
04-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey can you put your fingers in your ears too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

...and stomp your feet.

I done with it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Busyman
04-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Breakfast at Tiffany's?

I only mentioned In Cold Blood because it's kind of ironic when you think about that gun thread elsewhere.
Yeah I heard of Breakfast At Tiffany's

As far that being a true story, according to many folks, that shit just doesn't fucking happen.

Burglars are only there to steal not kill silly.

manker
04-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Hey can you put your fingers in your ears too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

...and stomp your feet.

I done with it. :lol: :lol: :lol:Of course but that would be silly.

I can also see the utter futility in an argument which revolves around me telling you what you thought. You can just refute it and tell me to the contrary with no qualms because I can never state my case unequivocally.

My impression was, and still is despite your colourful protestations, that you fucked up and thought of an adequate retort some hours later.

I won't move in that and neither will you suddenly decide to be magnanimous and state that you made a mistake.

So I thought it wise not to pursue the matter :mellow:

Busyman
04-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Of course but that would be silly.

I can also see the utter futility in an argument which revolves around me telling you what you thought. You can just refute it and tell me to the contrary with no qualms because I can never state my case unequivocally.

My impression was, and still is despite your colourful protestations, that you fucked up and thought of an adequate retort some hours later.

I won't move in that and neither will you suddenly decide to be magnanimous and state that you made a mistake.

So I thought it wise not to pursue the matter :mellow:
Nah, you just fucked up. :mellow:

I don't "come up" with a retort to something so meaningless. :ermm:

Grammaranimals need to pull their heads out of the English books sometimes or in this case put their heads in it. :lol: :lol: :lol: You debate something spelled correctly in this case ffs.

Will you argue my use of ain't too? :lol: :lol:

(damn I guess I wasn't done) :unsure:

manker
04-28-2005, 04:49 PM
:lol:

(damn I guess I wasn't done) :unsure: Far be it from me to say you're soooooooo fucking predictable.

But, you're soooooooo fucking predictable.

enoughfakefiles
04-28-2005, 06:17 PM
I wish i knew big words. :lol:

Busyman
04-28-2005, 06:32 PM
:lol:

Far be it from me to say you're soooooooo fucking predictable.

But, you're soooooooo fucking predictable.
Mmmmmk.

In this case you weren't predictable but wrong as fuck.

I would have expected you to correct adjectiveage but alas you couldn't pass up a chance to take a missed shot at me. I gave you too much credit previously.

I guess in that perspective, you ARE predicatable and aren't as sharp as I thought you were.

Your sleeve is ripped to shreds. :mellow:

Busyman
04-28-2005, 06:33 PM
I wish i knew big words. :lol:
You mean ones like

soooooooo

Gripper
04-28-2005, 08:46 PM
I reakon you sound like Morgan freeman

Biggles
04-28-2005, 08:56 PM
http://www.jamesbond007.net/advers/Gray1.jpg

Just for those who didn't get my reference.

:shifty:

manker
04-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Mmmmmk.

In this case you weren't predictable but wrong as fuck.

I would have expected you to correct adjectiveage but alas you couldn't pass up a chance to take a missed shot at me. I gave you too much credit previously.

I guess in that perspective, you ARE predicatable and aren't as sharp as I thought you were.

Your sleeve is ripped to shreds. :mellow:
You think I'm sharp :happy:

I always thought you to be rather blunt and pondersome.

Unrequited admiration must be a bitch but if anyone can take it like a man, it's you. Maybe.

Lilmiss
04-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Frasier is (for me) much too much in touch with his feminine side.
Please, for my sake, try again? :huh:

:cry: ok, but it's gonna be hard, Niles.

Bushygran entertainment is better than Ali G, I gotta rethink your languages anyways. :unsure:

Busyman
04-28-2005, 09:59 PM
You think I'm sharp :happy:

I always thought you to be rather blunt and pondersome.

Unrequited admiration must be a bitch but if anyone can take it like a man, it's you. Maybe.
You claim to be into words and stuff and what not so I thought you as a grammattacker of sorts. There's a fella in my crew like that. We talk about the English language from time to time. Shit like "near-miss".

Pondering? I guess I reduce things down to it's simplest denominator and roll with it. I think that's necessary when cracking jokes and ya can't take to long doin' it.

manker
04-28-2005, 10:04 PM
You claim to be into words and stuff and what not so I thought you as a grammattacker of sorts. There's a fella in my crew like that. We talk about the English language from time to time. Shit like "near-miss".

Pondering? I guess I reduce things down to it's simplest denominator and roll with it. I think that's necessary when cracking jokes and ya can't take to long doin' it.There's a fella in your crew who is into grammar and more than one fella that kills people for fun.

What a varied posse. One can only marvel.

Busyman
04-28-2005, 10:18 PM
There's a fella in your crew who is into grammar and more than one fella that kills people for fun.

What a varied posse. One can only marvel.
There's a guy in my crew that kills people for fun? :blink:

Wtf are you talking about this time? :ermm:

Lilmiss
04-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Shit like "near-miss".

Trailer Trash. :01: :w00t: :01:

manker
04-28-2005, 10:28 PM
There's a guy in my crew that kills people for fun? :blink:

Wtf are you talking about this time? :ermm:Maybe I just made it up, eh. Perhaps you didn't really write that you know people who kill folk for fun.

Maybe even if you did, readers were awestruck at your candour and didn't question the veracity in their minds eye.

GepperRankins
04-28-2005, 11:53 PM
he said he knew people definately, can't remember if he still hangs out with em though

Busyman
04-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Trailer Trash. :01: :w00t: :01:
:blink: :blink: :blink:

Busyman
04-29-2005, 12:45 AM
he said he knew people definately, can't remember if he still hangs out with em though
Someone definitely pays attention. ;)

manker
04-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Someone definitely pays attention. ;)And someone definitely knows when to quit ;)

Busyman
04-29-2005, 02:41 PM
And someone definitely knows when to quit ;)
Who?

GepperRankins
04-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Who?

not you, evidently

GepperRankins
05-01-2005, 04:05 PM
xylophone