PDA

View Full Version : Any of these worth getting?

orcutt989
04-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Stronghold 2
Empire Earth 2
Close Combat, First to Fight
Delta Force Xtreme
Great Battles of WWII: Stalingrad
Swat 4
Doom 3 Ressurrection of Evil
Cold Fear
Stolen
Second Sight
Constantine
Lego Star Wars

All of these are the popular games on Torrentbytes. Are any of them worth it? Why? Why not? I looked them up, and most of them look like they suck the big wazoo. Who has played some of these? Tell us about your experiences with them. I just want to know if any of these are worth it to download.

Samurai
04-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Stronghold 2 is worth it.

Don't know much about the rest apart from DF: Xtreme - It sucks. I don't know what Novalogic have been doing these past few years but it looks like LandWarrior with some added extras that aren't even important. I mean you can snipe someone in this game with an M249 SAW FFS.

Get Stronghold 2. You'll enjoy that one ;)

Peerzy
04-27-2005, 12:55 AM
Stronghold 2
Empire Earth 2
Close Combat, First to Fight
Delta Force Xtreme
Great Battles of WWII: Stalingrad
Swat 4 Fun tatical shooter, a change from mindless FPS.
Doom 3 Ressurrection of Evil This is what Doom 3 should have been, less boring shooting, better guys and just so much better.
Cold Fear
Stolen
Second Sight 700mb and is quite a cool game.
Constantine
Lego Star Wars

SingaBoiy
04-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Def. get Swat 4. Very good online FPS.

Supernatural
04-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Stronghold 2 is really good. Can't vouch for any other of the games, because I haven't played them.

orcutt989
04-27-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys, if anyone else has anything to add, please do.

Smith
04-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Ya DF Extream looked kinda crappy when i saw the pics.

cpt_azad
04-27-2005, 10:34 PM
Stronghold 2 - you will not doubt this game at all, its' worth it
Doom 3: Ressurection Of Evil - as peerz said, this one is much better than doom3, definitely worth the download if u ask me.
SWAT 4 - played it today, also worth the download.

silent h3ro
04-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Get Stronghold 2, Swat 4, Doom 3 Ressurrection of Evil, and Cold Fear. :)

cpt_azad
04-27-2005, 11:17 PM
I found cold fear to be kinda "slow" and the graphics arent up to date, but still stands out from the list that you presented us w/ orcunt

orcutt989
04-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Swat 4, I get this problem where the game loads, but then it hangs at a black screen. And I am forced to hard boot, other people I have read, have this problem. So much for that game.

Shiranai_Baka
04-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Can you guys compare stronghold 2 to some games? so maybe I'll get a sense of how the game is like.

Formula1
04-29-2005, 07:02 PM
is empire earth any good, and does it offer single player realtime "War like" strategy...

Hairbautt
04-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Doom 3 Ressurrection of Evil
Lego Star Wars

Doom: Yeah, its the same as the first one except more weapons & new monsters...Other than that weak story, great graphics, its a FPS plain & simple.
LEGO Star Wars: I had fun playing it. Its for ALL ages, & it was a very nice get away from the 'typica'l game. I have it for the PC, but console is probably best. :cool: Hope I helped.

is empire earth any good, and does it offer single player realtime "War like" strategy...I want to know that too, :)

GepperRankins
04-29-2005, 08:14 PM
like stonghold 1 but better.

i'm liking the seiges :01:

Supernatural
04-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Can you guys compare stronghold 2 to some games? so maybe I'll get a sense of how the game is like.Stronghold is an RTS, like Warcraft. The game most like SH is Age Of Empires, I would say.

suprafreak6
04-29-2005, 09:06 PM
lego star wars is an interesting game i was playing it at a 5 year olds house why not get it for free...?

sameer0807
05-01-2005, 02:42 AM
I didn't like Stronghold 2, its way to buggy!

GAMEPLAY: I run an AMD Athlon 64 2.4 GHz system, complete with 1 GB of RAM - way over the reccomended specifications. Yet, for some reason, the game is very choppy with an inconsistent framerate. If I want to move the screen in any direction just a little, I will end up moving it to the edge of the map. When I try to rotate the camera, I end up zoomed in on a plot of land. Yes, this affects the gameplay, especially in siege warfare. Stronghold 2 is full of major bugs, too - not just bugs that are easily overlooked - bugs that not only crash the game, but crash YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM. In the passed two days, that has happened to me at least five or six times.

I'll recommend Swat4, awesome game.

Formula1
05-01-2005, 04:06 AM
what about empire eart 2 anybody ? I hate games like the sim, because its pretty much supposed to depict the boring life of a human being. Is EE2 like that ??? Im really not sure if this game is worth trying... got 8.9 from ign..

sameer0807
05-01-2005, 04:52 AM
what about empire eart 2 anybody ? I hate games like the sim, because its pretty much supposed to depict the boring life of a human being. Is EE2 like that ??? Im really not sure if this game is worth trying... got 8.9 from ign..
not sure abt that, never played that game.

u can play Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars or American Conquest....my all time fav. RPG games......I just luv the gameplay. Very addictive games (Trust me).

BTW another good game: Act of war: Direct Action. The graphics r phenomenal. Setting new stage for RPG games.....n off-course good gameplay.

If you would like to play some action game then definatly: Starswar republic commado. There r many other first person shooters out there, but this game is good n feels like u actually playin Halo 2.

Hairbautt
05-01-2005, 01:36 PM
If you would like to play some action game then definatly: Starswar republic commado. There r many other first person shooters out there, but this game is good n feels like u actually playin Halo 2.
I LOVED Republic Commando. Its just kinda short...but GREAT game. :)

Empire Earth 2: Theres a demo out, try it. I did. It doesn't look that impressive, but meh...I wouldn't buy it cause I got Empire at War on my wishlist.

sameer0807
05-03-2005, 11:57 PM
BTW Cold fear is another good game....I like the storyline for the game, graphics r good lookin too. Worth playin.