PDA

View Full Version : The Meaning Of Life

NeoTheOne
04-27-2005, 01:32 AM
This is a follow-up to my Fate topic.

I just wanted to ask what in your opinion (personally) the meaning of life is. For me it has to enjoy it to the fullest and try not too miss an opportunity, this is a very practical meaning for me but for some other members it may be more religious than practical

My meaning perhaps will change as time passes because you know what they say Every Storm Changes Us

peat moss
04-27-2005, 01:51 AM
To me life has no meaning with out one to share it with . Be it a woman to share my highs and lows or children to show my love and guidence . And friends to remind me of all of the above . Life is hard ,but can and should be all you can make of it . No............ regrets . :)

mogadishu
04-27-2005, 03:01 AM
not to think about things like this. (although I do all the time)

ziggyjuarez
04-27-2005, 03:21 AM
I live my life killing time.When i get to the end,i wont have to anymore then i can rest forever.

Barbarossa
04-27-2005, 08:36 AM
The meaning of life is to make a difference to someone or something else.

(and hopefully to have fun!)

uNz[i]
04-27-2005, 09:31 AM
XLII

|||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| ||

or...

I'll get my towel... :rolleyes:

GepperRankins
04-27-2005, 12:21 PM
the meaning of life is to pro-create.

howcome we can say this about ants and lions and stuff but we try and attach special meaning to our existence, and go searching for the meaning of life. it's under your nose; get laid.

i suppose with civilisation we have another meaning, well a different process anyway. get rich, get popular, get laid to the best partner you can afford and give your offspring the best chance you can.

sArA
04-27-2005, 01:18 PM
']XLII

|||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| ||

or...

I'll get my towel... :rolleyes:

I see you have been in deep thought over this uNzi.....I of course concur!

JPaul
04-27-2005, 07:35 PM
I see you have been in deep thought over this uNzi.....I of course concur!
No that's the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything.

It was subsequently established that the actual question was something like "what do you get if you multiply six by nine" I paraphrase again.

Given the question and the answer we must assume that life is in base 13, and not 10 as we normally assume.

I always snigger at the "life's about getting laid" answers, with no offence intended to those who post it. If you want to look at it that way, then it's probably better to say that it's about ensuring that our DNA survives and is then passed on, at least in part. Given that our whole physical life seems to revolve around the DNA reproducing itself, with the creation of offspring passing on 26 of our chromosomes to our progeny. Our bodies, it can therefore be argued are nothing more than containers and "breeding" grounds for the stuff. Tho' obviously it is not, in and of itself alive.

What is the meaning of life, why would there be an objective answer to that. The meaning of life is what it means to the individual.

What is the purpose of life, now that's a different question.

SurfNirvana
05-07-2005, 08:25 AM
no, it is actually 42

S!X
05-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Personally, I see no meaning to life its too fuckin stressfull.

cpt_azad
05-07-2005, 08:45 AM
As 3 other ppl have pointed out, the answer is 42.

Until the day comes when man can finally interperet the meaning of 42 (no i really mean dissect it, not some number, but you know that really high level thinking stuff...maybe i should just stop rite now :ermm: ) we will have no idea what the meaning of life is.

I don't think we're supposed to know the meaning of life.....

And while I'm at it....I might as well also say: "Free masons run the country muahahaha"

:ermm: :ph34r:

other than 42, I'll have to say the meaning of life is to live.

GepperRankins
05-07-2005, 12:52 PM
No that's the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything.

It was subsequently established that the actual question was something like "what do you get if you multiply six by nine" I paraphrase again.

Given the question and the answer we must assume that life is in base 13, and not 10 as we normally assume.

I always snigger at the "life's about getting laid" answers, with no offence intended to those who post it. If you want to look at it that way, then it's probably better to say that it's about ensuring that our DNA survives and is then passed on, at least in part. Given that our whole physical life seems to revolve around the DNA reproducing itself, with the creation of offspring passing on 26 of our chromosomes to our progeny. Our bodies, it can therefore be argued are nothing more than containers and "breeding" grounds for the stuff. Tho' obviously it is not, in and of itself alive.

What is the meaning of life, why would there be an objective answer to that. The meaning of life is what it means to the individual.

What is the purpose of life, now that's a different question.
so it's about getting laid then :ermm:

lynx
05-07-2005, 02:44 PM
so it's about getting laid then :ermm:42 times apparently. :naughty:

bigboab
05-07-2005, 08:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/bigboab/porpoise.jpg
Is this the purpose of life? :unsure:

JPaul
05-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Oh dear, oh dear dear dear.

Rat Faced
05-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Free masons it would have to be, as prisoners arent allowed a vote and slavery is illegal so its said. (Wish someone would tell my Boss's that though :( )

cpt_azad
05-08-2005, 06:33 AM
Free masons it would have to be, as prisoners arent allowed a vote and slavery is illegal so its said. (Wish someone would tell my Boss's that though :( )

Well if Free Masons do run the world.....why complain? Why is it that people always try to "uncover" and "take down" these so called Illuminati, when it's them that keeps order (or atleast tries). Like I said, if that is the case and that there are indeed Free Masons, wouldn't getting rid of them create absolute chaos? Something to think about :mellow:

JPaul
05-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Something to think about :mellow:
No it isn't

sparsely
05-08-2005, 09:26 AM

sparsely pushes for stricter pun control. :dry:

bigboab
05-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Well if Free Masons do run the world

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They cant even run their own clubs. :lol: This thing is a misconception. The people with money run the world. I doubt if any of them belong to any sort of 'club' except OPEC. :)

Rat Faced
05-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Bill Gates is in OPEC ? :ohmy: :ph34r:

bigboab
05-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Bill Gates is in OPEC ? :ohmy: :ph34r:

I bet he has most of the shares in it. :lol:

Anyway his capital is miniscule compared to the capital owned by OPEC. :rolleyes:

thewizeard
05-13-2005, 07:30 AM
:blink: ...The meaning of life, that was a film by Monty Python's flying circus.... :ohmy:

barrymahoney
06-06-2005, 12:15 PM
The best film ever made, Allways Look On The Bright Side Of Life.

yonki
06-07-2005, 09:49 AM
You cant possibly know. Nothing changed when you were born, and nothing will change after you are gone. So whats the meaning of that?