PDA

View Full Version : FST radio.

GepperRankins
04-28-2005, 10:30 AM
ok, so it might not have got off to a good start. in fact it was a bit shit and possibly offensive.

but, several people have said they'll do shows and me and "BoB" reckon we'll do it again same time next week. hopefully a lot better :ermm:

the streamer thing seemed to work pretty apart from for lynx and lilmiss :unsure:

now i'm wondering if theres a possibility for a place on the forum, like a calender for shows and stuff.

obviously we'd need more broadcasters than just me in on the project if it were to earn a place. so how about it? :naughty:

sArA
04-28-2005, 11:14 AM
I think its a good idea if the momentum can be kept up.....

I thought the prog was good last night and if there was a dedicated area with playlists, times of progs and stuff, including a direct link to the radio....this could be another good enhancement to the board.

GepperRankins
04-28-2005, 11:26 AM
i was thinking about something like this - http://www.streamerp2p.net/modules.php?name=Calendar
members can book events on the calendar, so it works like an advert and would be good for booking slots and posting the neccesery links with the times

as for keeping momentum, i think it needs some first :ermm:
though i'm happy to do it regular on wednesdays.

also illuminatti wants to know if this streamer thing works well. i know it was good sound quality on my pc and there was no choppiness or static or owt.

p.s. i think bob kept telling him to fuck off. sorry :mellow:

GepperRankins
04-28-2005, 11:27 AM
oops. it turns out we have one of them calendars. why does no-one tell me anything?

ignore that last post

Illuminati
04-28-2005, 11:34 AM
also illuminatti wants to know if this streamer thing works well. i know it was good sound quality on my pc and there was no choppiness or static or owt.

p.s. i think bob kept telling him to fuck off. sorry :mellow:

Yep, wanted to know as someone else is asking me about setting up their station (god knows why me of all people... :lol: ). All I need to figure out now is how to set up a remote Streamer server as the central broadcast point to get the URL from.

As for Bob, I did figure it wasn't you. :rolleyes: Still, there was a time I thought I was infected with a bloody IM virus (I have that reaction when I get them) :ohmy:

Vargas
04-28-2005, 12:43 PM
oops. it turns out we have one of them calendars. why does no-one tell me anything?
you might need special permission to add events
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/calendar.php?do=add&type=single&c=1

tesco
04-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Yep, wanted to know as someone else is asking me about setting up their station (god knows why me of all people... :lol: ). All I need to figure out now is how to set up a remote Streamer server as the central broadcast point to get the URL from.
If it's for an FST Radio station then we can add a file to fst that will redirect to whatever the radio station's url is.

btw how come i didn't know we were having a radio thingy last night? :ohmy:

manker
04-28-2005, 01:30 PM
'Cos you spend too much time fannying about in Hardware world and don't bother with the the cutting edge of the forum who reside in the lounge :snooty:

Btw, I'm up for being a DJ. Not regularly but doing it once or twice might be a larf, like.

Illuminati
04-28-2005, 04:41 PM
If it's for an FST Radio station then we can add a file to fst that will redirect to whatever the radio station's url is.

Nope - My other project is for my university after a few were bugging me about it.

Hate to say it but the most I'd be for a new FST Radio is a DJ - Especially after what happened last time :( Still, you should speak to Dave about this :)

As for not knowing, Manker has a point :lol:

GepperRankins
04-28-2005, 05:07 PM
eek. don't make me a manager :fear:

maybe we should have limited access to the calendar, so we can post show times.

i think theres a way we can share stream ID. which would mean we could we can run all the shows from one link. i don't know if this messes the tracker up though :unsure:

manker
04-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Dave for FST radio manager :01:

rookiecrd1
04-28-2005, 06:36 PM
Awesome idea guys. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Illuminati
04-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Awesome idea guys. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Well there was a idea to play the game "torture the admin" live on my show... :devil:

Mr JP Fugley
04-28-2005, 08:38 PM
I liked it,The tho' I could only listen to some.

Had a rather "live" feel to it. Which is nice.

We can get the banal anywhere.

Vargas
04-28-2005, 08:50 PM
i think theres a way we can share stream ID. which would mean we could we can run all the shows from one link. i don't know if this messes the tracker up though :unsure:
i think if they broadcast a stream you can relay it, so the broadcast won't change, plus then you can pull the plug when needed.

i think you can set it in the -> Bcast options
see attached:

keyser_soze
04-28-2005, 09:14 PM
I was in a BT forum that had its own radio station but I think it was a part of the board itself rather than a 3rd party software :unsure: It went down well though and members uploaded there playlists, it was quite cool to have your own station I enjoyed listening to it at weekends while surfing so I hope it gets up and running, anything I can do to help let me know . :cool:

GepperRankins
04-29-2005, 12:15 AM
I liked it,The tho' I could only listen to some.

Had a rather "live" feel to it. Which is nice.

We can get the banal anywhere.
appreciated.

the plan was i start doing a playlist at 7; counting tempos and finding samples for background. then the show starts at 8 then ends at 9. having a well rounded show with less errring and umming and radio silence

i'm just too prone to procrastination and being distracted.

--------------------------------

vargas, i know about the relay thing but it means there has to be one set person to control the streams and let's face it i'm too unreliable to do it.

unless we have a radio link in the links bar i don't see why we can't just post each show's hyperlink, because i reckon everyone will tune in by either clicking a link from here or checking the list for "FST radio", neither of which are really inconvenienced by changing hosts.

thanks for the looptroop thing btw. they tehroka

-----------

rookie. you could do a show :naughty:
see if you could give us some rights to the calendar maybe. if we can decide on a way to use one set link it would be cool to have it in the links bar at the top.

tesco
04-29-2005, 12:46 AM
see if you could give us some rights to the calendar maybe. if we can decide on a way to use one set link it would be cool to have it in the links bar at the top.
Posted this idea in team chat.
maybe just having an "fst radio crew" usergroup, or something like that, would be a good idea.

thewizeard
04-29-2005, 08:07 AM
Well maybe someone can pm me with some info, I would be willing to help.. :music: .

thewizeard
04-19-2006, 09:33 AM
...and no one did.. I am broadcasting 24/7 on my own internet radio...the link is in my sig..if anyone fancies some streaming, some weekend, preferably with commentary..then pm with for the url and password..maybe we may make a topic about it in the lounge..

maebach
04-21-2006, 02:32 AM
that would be crazy, it should be 24 hours, the europeans get it during convenient hours to them, then asians then us north americans.

Wolfmight
04-21-2006, 02:00 PM
I have a 50 minute radio broadcast I could contribute to FST radio. (reword the begining and end to say FST radio instead of TGL hehe)

thewizeard
04-21-2006, 04:04 PM
That's not a bad idea Wolfmight...maybe others could compile some playlists too..with a little commentary in between tracks.

...if you happen to drop into the FileSharing Talk room, on SoulSeek, add me to your list...so that I can download it from you... then, I would be prepared to "play" it for you..at a time of your choosing :)
It is in theory, possible to send a stream with Filesharingtalk.com in the station info...but I prefer "Lounge Radio" :music: myself :book: