PDA

View Full Version : Window updater messing up my computer.

enoughfakefiles
04-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Windows automatic updater is try to update my nvidia sound on my computer.

http://img190.echo.cx/img190/8215/untitled1copy4ll.jpg

Everytime it tries to install if knocks the sound out of the system tray and fucks up my sound so that i don`t have any. :dry:

The file in the picture say theres 0kb file to install.?

Am i better just to install the latest motherboard software from the abit site.???

One last thing how do i get the little yellow shied off in the system tray with out updating. :unsure:

fkdup74
04-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Am i better just to install the latest motherboard software from the abit site.???

One last thing how do i get the little yellow shied off in the system tray with out updating. :unsure:

always. dont use M$ for driver updates.
and the little yellow shield is your anti-virus is it not? :unsure:

enoughfakefiles
04-28-2005, 06:30 PM
always. dont use M$ for driver updates.
and the little yellow shield is your anti-virus is it not? :unsure:

Erm...no. :D

http://img66.echo.cx/img66/299/yellowthingy2xn.jpg

I already have the latest drivers and things for my abit NF7-s mother board which is the nForce 5.10. :unsure:

fkdup74
04-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Erm...no. :D

http://img66.echo.cx/img66/299/yellowthingy2xn.jpg

I already have the latest drivers and things for my abit NF7-s mother board which is the nForce 5.10. :unsure:

ahhhh.....well.....turn off automatic updates :P

Busyman
04-28-2005, 07:14 PM
I never use automatic updates.

S!X
04-28-2005, 10:33 PM
I never use automatic updates.

Same, If i do, I do it manually. :frusty:

tesco
04-29-2005, 01:39 AM
go to the windows update site and click options or settings (can't remember which it is) and choose to always hide that driver.

then install the latest from the nvidia site or your mobo maker's site.

enoughfakefiles
04-29-2005, 05:38 PM
This thing happend to my brother as well last night. :lol: :lol:

It automatically installed the drivers on his computer and fucked up his sound. Dam microsoft. :dry:

peat moss
04-29-2005, 05:57 PM
This thing happend to my brother as well last night. :lol: :lol:

It automatically installed the drivers on his computer and fucked up his sound. Dam microsoft. :dry:

Well at least you know how to fix it . Charge him for it ! JK A case of beer ? :naughty:

enoughfakefiles
04-29-2005, 06:02 PM
go to the windows update site and click options or settings (can't remember which it is) and choose to always hide that driver.

then install the latest from the nvidia site or your mobo maker's site.

I`ve got the latest ones that`s why i can`t understand why it updated. :unsure:

@peat my brother so tight he wanks with his fist clenched.:tightfistedwanker: :lol:

peat moss
04-29-2005, 06:50 PM
@enoughfakefiles,Its funny a few post abouts about this problem . Wonder if its something to do with a recent winupdate ? You realy can't blame someone who "see's " update your software drivers ,then does it .You have to hide the option.Feel sorry for NoObs who think their covering all the bases . I hate auto updates but some of my buddies are not very computer illiterate ,so usualy set up that way for them . :(

enoughfakefiles
04-29-2005, 08:42 PM
@enoughfakefiles,Its funny a few post abouts about this problem . Wonder if its something to do with a recent winupdate ? You realy can't blame someone who "see's " update your software drivers ,then does it .You have to hide the option.Feel sorry for NoObs who think their covering all the bases . I hate auto updates but some of my buddies are not very computer illiterate ,so usualy set up that way for them . :(

I search a bit on the internet last night peat and all i saw were *don`t install these updates* every where. :dry:

I thought these updates were from last year. so why is it trying to update now.:whatsbillgatesupto:

peat moss
04-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Glich in the mainframe ? :P I know pain in the butt, it stills trys to update 5 year old video drivers . :blink:

Chewie
04-30-2005, 10:05 PM
I think that the people having problems with the nVidia sound driver update don't realise they need the Realtek drivers, like myself (Soltek SL75-FRN2-L) and my brother (Asus A7N8X-X).