PDA

View Full Version : Game

Tormentor
04-07-2003, 04:34 PM
I just wanted to tell you sharers that if you download a game that dosnt work dont share it just delete it so other people dont waste there time downloading it.

itay
04-07-2003, 05:20 PM
i wish everybudy will do that.....
it will make our lifes much easier!!! B)

Tormentor
04-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Ya it would
when i am downloading a game and someone messages me saying its a fake so im like why the hell do u have it then. It is just a waste of space on there hard drive. :angry:

scribblec
04-07-2003, 06:49 PM
be grateful he told u

TRshady
04-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by andrewlamb098@7 April 2003 - 18:13
Ya it would
when i am downloading a game and someone messages me saying its a fake so im like why the hell do u have it then. It is just a waste of space on there hard drive. :angry:
you are right, at first I used rename the file "DOES NOT WORK" or "ISNT XXX, ITS REALLY XXXXXX" but that dont work because people still download it and when you tell them they think as you do. But if you just delete it, the people will keep downloading it, seeing as no-ones changed the name, so there really is no way around it unless there was some way of controlling files.

CornerPocket
04-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Meant for useful tips. See no logic in this to maintain in "TIPS", moving to filesharing...................as I said time and time again, this is the price you pay went using P2P. Comes with the territory.

the_silverblade
04-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by andrewlamb098@7 April 2003 - 16:34
I just wanted to tell you sharers that if you download a game that dosnt work dont share it just delete it so other people dont waste there time downloading it.
good tip, if everybody do that the fake downloads will disappear (in long time) and the real downloads will stay :D :D :D :D :D :D

J'Pol
04-10-2003, 06:51 PM
Sorry what's this tip.

As I understand it - "If something doesn't work then don't share it".

This is a joke I assume.

ooo
04-10-2003, 09:18 PM
lol.... well you can just rename it to the correct thing... i think thatz a better solution!

J'Pol
04-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Soul814@10 April 2003 - 22:18
lol.... well you can just rename it to the correct thing... i think thatz a better solution!
You are at your mental best.

The chap posted a "tip" about deleting games that don't work.

What would you rename it to "Championship Manager 4 That doesn't work"

Actually I am convinced people would download a file with that name.

MagicNakor
04-10-2003, 11:37 PM
They sure would...then they'd come here and complain that it doesn't work. :D

:ninja:

imported_The__One
04-10-2003, 11:48 PM
As good an idea as that might be (deleting or correctly naming fake files), I don't think that will ever happen, but one thing that ppl can easily do, is to write in the comments of a fake file, that it's a fake, and write the real name.

That helps, because when U search for GTA 3 ,for example, and find a file with, say, 70 sources, but then U see one source that says the file is a fake, U can be sure (almost) that all those 69 other's are also fakes.....but if U had re-named or deleted that fake file, the unfoutunate searcher would not know that the file is a fake :(

So in theory, both ways eliminate fake files, but I think that it's a lot more feasible for, like 10 ppl who have a fake file just say that it's a fake, the have ALL ppl who have the fake file delete it from theys comps ;)

J'Pol
04-10-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by The__One@11 April 2003 - 00:48
As good an idea as that might be (deleting or correctly naming fake files), I don't think that will ever happen, but one thing that ppl can easily do, is to write in the comments of a fake file, that it's a fake, and write the real name.

That helps, because when U search for GTA 3 ,for example, and find a file with, say, 70 sources, but then U see one source that says the file is a fake, U can be sure (almost) that all those 69 other's are also fakes.....but if U had re-named or deleted that fake file, the unfoutunate searcher would not know that the file is a fake :(

So in theory, both ways eliminate fake files, but I think that it's a lot more feasible for, like 10 ppl who have a fake file just say that it's a fake, the have ALL ppl who have the fake file delete it from theys comps ;)
Who mentioned fake files.

The thread is about files that don't work.

Have you ever thought that reading the previous posts may be a good idea

imported_The__One
04-11-2003, 12:26 AM
QUOTE (The__One @ 11 April 2003 - 00:48)

That helps, because when U search for GTA 3 ,for example, and find a file with, say, 70 sources, but then U see one source that says the file is a fake, U can be sure (almost) that all those 69 other's are also fakes.....but if U had re-named or deleted that fake file, the unfoutunate searcher would not know that the file is a fake

So in theory, both ways eliminate fake files, but I think that it's a lot more feasible for, like 10 ppl who have a fake file just say that it's a fake, the have ALL ppl who have the fake file delete it from theys comps 

Who mentioned fake files.

The thread is about files that don't work.

Have you ever thought that reading the previous posts may be a good idea

:huh: :huh: :huh:

WTF are U talking about??!! This post IS about fake files:

good tip, if everybody do that the fake downloads will disappear (in long time) and the real downloads will stay  

Unless I suddenly stopped being able to read english, the above quotes are talking about fake files, and how to eliminate them from kazaa....maby U should know that files that don't work and fake files are the same thing :blink:

clocker
04-11-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by JmiF@10 April 2003 - 22:22

What would you rename it to "Championship Manager 4 That doesn't work"

Actually I am convinced people would download a file with that name.
I am aflutter with anticipation.

Could you post a hash please?

ooo
04-11-2003, 01:24 AM
umm this really shouldnt belong here...

games has a gameworld section.... pandaman stop trying to get posts counts like this..... if u are

put it in gameworld >> verified lol

mcrosby
04-11-2003, 01:34 AM
If its a fake, delete it or change the Integrity to "Poor".

When you do a search on Kazaa, it automatically averages the integrity rating out, so if enough people are honest about the file integrity, then it comes up as "Poor".

If you delete the file, then there are less fakes around globally - if you do a search for something, its best to download the file that has the most sources - fakes will have either less sources or a low integrity rating.

Yomanda_66
04-11-2003, 07:54 AM
Yes I totally agree, also people should name fake files as the correct file. I see some files with a cetain name as the title but something completely different as the file name. These pricks who do this are just as well as the fake files are just a waste of a life!