PDA

View Full Version : Parent teacher interviews :(

Smith
04-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Well my parents dont normally go to them, but because of my last report card they went.

I hope there saying good things about me :cry:

100%
04-29-2005, 12:13 AM
uhoh...
but it doesnt mean its a bad one.
Youpappa & momma just wanna be proud
its quit easy to fulfill

vidcc
04-29-2005, 12:45 AM
You may not appreciate it now but be thankful your parents take an interest, pity they don't "usually go"

S!X
04-29-2005, 01:09 AM
LoL there so ghey.

tesco
04-29-2005, 01:49 AM
mine were a few weeks ago.

I didn't tell me parents about it. :rebel:

manker
04-29-2005, 01:52 AM

I didn't tell me parents about it. :rebel:But you have great averages, they'd probably have given you a few $$$ or something :huh:

zedaxax
04-29-2005, 01:57 AM
-
teachers are parents too

i think... :ermm:

tesco
04-29-2005, 02:03 AM
But you have great averages, they'd probably have given you a few $$$ or something :huh:
not in math tho. and that's teh only interview they would go to.

51%. :cry:

manker
04-29-2005, 02:08 AM
not in math tho. and that's teh only interview they would go to.

51%. :cry:Ahh, I see. You should tell them next time to go to the stuff you rawk at too, surely they wouldn't be that hard on you :unsure:

S!X
04-29-2005, 02:17 AM

I didn't tell me parents about it. :rebel:

Same. :rolleyes: :ph34r:

Dark Steno
04-29-2005, 06:52 AM
:01: :01:

Monkeee
04-29-2005, 07:09 AM
Bad Grades 4 Me = My Parents beating the shit outta me

Dark Steno
04-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Bad Grades 4 Me = My Parents beating the shit outta me
How pity.....

bigboab
04-29-2005, 10:23 AM
How pity.....

If you had been unlucky enough to be born without arms, would they 'beat the shit' out off you if you could not play basketball? :(

Guillaume
04-29-2005, 11:10 AM
If you had been unlucky enough to be born without arms, would they 'beat the shit' out off you if you could not play basketball? :(

Probably not if it was due to a recessive gene. :pinch:

bigboab
04-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Probably not if it was due to a recessive gene. :pinch:

Maybe a kickin' would be in order then. :cry:

Chewie
04-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Parent-teacher evenings always used to be pleasant for me, for all three of our kids.

The last one that I went to was not pleasant.
Every one of my son's teachers told me he didn't hand in homework and hadn't submitted coursework. Coursework accounts for 40% of your final grade, apparently.
Not only this, but each told me that effort was completely non-existant and one said he kept walking about the class during lessons.
His attitude has changed and this kid that had been moved into the top groups for all his classes during the preceding two years due to effort and some sort of inherent talent, has started on a downward spiral that needs addressing before it's too late.
Fortunately, the one of the losers from the year above that he has been hanging around with has been permnently excluded while the others will not be there either in a couple of weeks.

I have always given encouragement and support but it often seems misplaced and wasted.
I hope not.

Smith
04-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Is he just entering highschool?

Oh, and for most of my courses it breaks down into this : 30% exam, 40% coursework and 10% ISU or final project, give or take 5 percent for each category.

100%
04-30-2005, 11:10 PM
In parent and teacher interviews all they do is laugh their assses off on how dumb the kids are.

iamtheoneandonlyone
04-30-2005, 11:49 PM
They still have that? That was only mandatory for us in elementary school.

Chewie
05-01-2005, 09:12 PM
In parent and teacher interviews all they do is laugh their assses off on how dumb the kids are.
Perhaps yours do, but my kids aren't dumb. Easily led, yes, but certainly not dumb.

peat moss
05-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Perhaps yours do, but my kids aren't dumb. Easily led, yes, but certainly not dumb.

No and would not want to miss a interview for the world . You can see and judge for your self how the little fellow is doing . Just the body language from the teacher is priceless . First of all they make you sit in those little desks, to make you feel small. I always stand . :lol:

100%
05-01-2005, 09:55 PM

ask your parents theyll agree with me ;)

Chewie
05-02-2005, 06:59 PM
ask your parents theyll agree with me ;)
I've discussed our situation with my (separated) parents and they both told me it mirrors their P-T meetings when we were at that age.
We used to joke about how silly they could be, but that was when they were much younger... are you a 10 year old?

I have fought tooth and nail to ensure my kids have help, support, encouragement and opportunity wherever possible, from both parents, to give them the best possible chance of avoiding my own situation - my father's working locations and hours often meant seeing him for one or two hours a day and little interaction while my mum's always been a bit of a pushover! :whistling

sArA
05-02-2005, 07:18 PM
I am waiting on going to my daughter's first at her new school. High School 11-14 yr olds. I hope it will be ok.

My 9yr old's was a large case of....obviously bright but lets himself down because he is not paying attention or rushing things.

"Chewie UK....I hope your son will get over his teenage anti education phase soon. I think we all go through it to some extent. I am sure your support, encouragement and the odd day's of being grounded will do the trick. ;)