PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem with XP install

Shiranai_Baka
04-29-2005, 04:42 PM
I booted from the XP cd and it gave me an error for a corrupted file and I don't know how it could happen like that. It worked on another computer just fine.

peat moss
04-29-2005, 05:20 PM
I see that sometimes too. But what I do is make sure the disk is clean, then retry. If that does n't do it ,I use a boot floppy disk and fdisk then boot from xp disk. Works like a charm. :)

foot loose
04-29-2005, 10:03 PM
I booted from the XP cd and it gave me an error for a corrupted file and I don't know how it could happen like that. It worked on another computer just fine.

when that happeneds i put the xp disk into my other rom drive

Shiranai_Baka
04-30-2005, 12:15 AM
it doesn't have one.

and would a virus be able to compromise the installation of windows XP because I think theres a virus on the comp which stops games from running or maybe it stops runnign when the computer is close to full load. Well, then maybe that'll be a hardware issue.
I checked out the ram, its in tight, I checked out the vid card, the HD and the processor is running fine.

tesco
04-30-2005, 12:17 AM
the virus wont be loaded with the xp isntall disc. :P
that drive might not be able to read that brand of cd (if it's a burned cd that is).

Virtualbody1234
04-30-2005, 02:29 AM
I have seen this issue before. Go into the BIOS and check that the HDD is set in LBA mode.

Shiranai_Baka
04-30-2005, 03:12 PM
ahh, got it fixed guys. It was a careless error. The plastic thing used to lock the video card in wasn't locked in.. I forgot to lock it. thanks for the help guys. As for the XP disc, It all of a sudden worked again. As for VB's advice, I'll keep it in my little notebook incase something similar to this ever comes up :).

peat moss
04-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Glad you figured it out. Don't you wish Microsoft would explain the errors better ? Like a voice would pop up like Asus post reporter . Hey stupid ,reseat your memory stick ! :)