PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea: Premiership Champions 2004/2005

Peerzy
04-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Boss Jose Mourinho was ecstatic after Chelsea clinched the Premiership title following victory at Bolton.

With three games to spare, the Portuguese has led Chelsea to their first top-flight crown for 50 years in his maiden season in charge.

He said: "Our group is a special group, they deserve this - nobody can say we don't deserve this. We were absolutely magnificent, the players and the fans.

"I want to stay with Chelsea as long as I can. My heart is with the club."

Chelsea's 2-0 win at the Reebok gave them an unassailable 14-point lead over second-placed Arsenal, who they dethrone as Champions.

The last time Chelsea were officially the best team in the land was in 1955, and Mourinho realises just how significant the achievement is.

He said: "The players deserve this more than anybody but I am very happy for the fans, especially those that have not seen a title win.

"The way we were champions was not easy. It is the mentality, ambition and desire. People coming from many different places.

"We met for the first time in July and from that moment we have built something special.

"When we have to fight, we fight, when we have to play, we play, when we have to suffer, we suffer, and always together."

Chelsea have become only the fourth team to win the Premiership since its inception.

And the introduction of Mourinho - and his confident swagger which now runs through the club - has broken Manchester United's and Arsenal's recent stranglehold.

Skipper John Terry is in no doubt of the significance of Mourinho's influence.

He said: "The manager has been magnificent. I can not speak highly enough of him."

:D :D :D

Now we just have to pwn Liverpool & Milan/PSV :01:

Ohhh and this is just what it has cost Mr Abramovich:

Didier Drogba £24m
Ricardo Carvalho £19.9m
Damien Duff £17m
Hernan Crespo £16.8m
Claude Makelele £16.6m
Adrian Mutu £15.8m
Juan Sebastian Veron £15m
Paulo Ferreira £13.2m
Arjen Robben £12m
Scott Parker £10m
Tiago £8m
Wayne Bridge £7m
Petr Cech £7m
Geremi £7m
Joe Cole £6.6m
Glen Johnson £6m
Mateja Kezman £5m
Alexei Smertin £3.4m
Jiri Jarosik £3m

TOTAL COST £213.3M

With £683.3m forked out in the 670 days between Abramovich's takeover and the title being secured, it means an average of £1.02m has been spent on every single one of those days.

:D

Afronaut
04-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Money well spent...

...duh.

jimmy23
05-25-2005, 06:33 AM
thats right, spent a lot of money, but the players performed well all season and thoroughly deserved their first permiership in something like 50 years

jimmy23
05-25-2005, 06:34 AM
and abramovich has more money to spend next season, with chelsea securing the premiership and cska moscow the uefa cup!