PDA

View Full Version : Nero Help

keyser_soze
04-30-2005, 09:24 PM
I know its not the best app for the job but I like it for easily and quickly converting tv shows to watch on my dvd but for some reason I can't encode xvid files any more when I could before???? Ive tried updating my xvid codec and the actual avi plays on m/player np, any suggestions?

muchspl3
05-01-2005, 06:06 PM
use tmpgenc

Izagaia
05-01-2005, 07:59 PM
I am really not trying to start anything, however, why is it when anyone asks for help on a specific application they are having difficulties with, the first (and second... sometimes third... and so on...) reply usually coming forth, is the suggestion to use something else?

No offense, yet it seems to me that if they truely wanted to use what is being suggested then they would have at the very start. I think users, in general, could be more helpful if they offered advice/counsil on the application covered in the topic instead of turning the conversation into yet another "this is my favorite program to use for..." thread. :)

dodgy368
05-01-2005, 08:04 PM
If you could do it before, then try uninstalling and reinstalling it. :)

peat moss
05-01-2005, 09:20 PM
I am really not trying to start anything, however, why is it when anyone asks for help on a specific application they are having difficulties with, the first (and second... sometimes third... and so on...) reply usually coming forth, is the suggestion to use something else?

No offense, yet it seems to me that if they truely wanted to use what is being suggested then they would have at the very start. I think users, in general, could be more helpful if they offered advice/counsil on the application covered in the topic instead of turning the conversation into yet another "this is my favorite program to use for..." thread. :)

Your right and I'm guilty aswell sometimes . I only try to give advice on a program if I use or have try'd it. Mabye if one suggests another program ,back up the reason for it. :)

keyser_soze
05-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Wow this post took a different turn than I thought, I don't mind suggestions for other software but like you say that doesn't solve my problem because I find that I try another app and before I know where I'm at I've loads of apps that I don't know how to use then start wondering if ones fecking up the other :D but anyway I've tried other xvid files in nero and they appear to be working np's so I've narrowed it down to the dloaded files,btw I actually paid for nero :ohmy: So far I can get it to work by opening the files with windows mm2 and saving it as a avi-dv file then adding the resulting file which is far bigger than the original into nero but does any1 know why this seems to be working or is there some way of checking/repairing the original xvid as the mm2 method is a bit of a pain.

Shiranai_Baka
05-03-2005, 12:27 AM
I know its not the best app for the job but I like it for easily and quickly converting tv shows to watch on my dvd but for some reason I can't encode xvid files any more when I could before???? Ive tried updating my xvid codec and the actual avi plays on m/player np, any suggestions?

Maybe the plugins was only for trial use. Try looking for a crack or serial for it.
Lol I like how you took a turn to point out a problem within this forum's helpers :P

peat moss
05-03-2005, 12:50 AM
This forum it good for help, afterdawn is good too.

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t246033.html

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/divx_to_dvdr_with_dvd2svcd_normal.cfm

Izagaia
05-04-2005, 02:36 AM
This forum it good for help, afterdawn is good too.

I agree, peat. This is about the only place I ever trust to turn to for good help on my PC problems. :)

Everybody is knowledable and decent to computer "noobs" (such as moi). No better people to turn to than users who have commited themselves to the principles of file-sharing. Hackers, I.T. pros, college wizards, average joes... all kinds of people here sharing ideas and experiences. ;)

keyser_soze
05-07-2005, 01:02 AM
Any helps good, many a time some1's reccomended a program thats exactly what I wanted but never heard of. :cool: