PDA

View Full Version : C'mon teh Scousers!!1

manker
05-03-2005, 12:22 PM
This is the one and only time I'll be getting behind Liverpool but I really want them to win tonight.

For the odd folk that don't follow soccer that much, tonight is the second leg of the all-Premiership Champions League semi-final clash between Liverpool and Chelsea.

This match up has split opinion in teh pub, setting Man Utd fans against each other! I find myself in the minority of wanting Liverpool to win as it's normal for us to wish misfortune on the poorer half of scouseland - but I can't bring myself to want Chelsea to do well. Mainly because of their manager's narcissism. If they do win then obviously I will be supporting either PSV or Milan in the final, if you were wondering.

An interesting point to note is that if, by some fluke, Liverpool do end up winning the thing and finish below 4th in the Premiership then they will not be able to enter the competition next year. It would almost be worth them winning it just to see teh outrage it would cause in Merseyland.

A similar thing happened in Spain a few years ago, with Real Madrid winning the competition and not qualifying thro' La Liga. On that occasion, The Spanish F.A. decreed that Real Zaragoza (I think it was them) had to forfeit their place in the competition. I can't see that happening over here but the consternation it will cause would be entertaining.

L.F.C. til I dietomorrow!!!11

MCHeshPants420
05-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see Liverpool win it and then not qualify. That would be quite funny, other than that the football season has been over for a few weeks for me.:(

manker
05-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see Liverpool win it and then not qualify. That would be quite funny, other than that the football season has been over for a few weeks for me.:(:(

On a positive note, N.U.F.C. have prevented Chelsea from winning the F.A. Cup so even if they did win the treble, it wouldn't be the proper one :happy:

JPaul
05-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Walk On.

I don't think they will win it, but I hope they do.

It really would cause t'FA a headache, but that's only an added bonus. I genuinely would like to see them win the whole shhoting match

As a side note I went to the NUFC shop in Elrond when I was down for t'Wrastlin. Got a home top and away top for No 2 and No 1 sons, in that order. 7 Jenas on the home top.

Newcastle = cool. I've only ever worked there before so it was nice to do a wee wander, even if it was only a couple of hours.

Peerzy
05-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Well played Liverpool, i cn't say i think they deserve it but on the night they were the better team and hopefully they can go on to win it.

DarthInsinuate
05-03-2005, 09:02 PM
another classic Mourinho quote:

"Did the best team win tonight?"
"No. The best team didn't win."

i love this guy

JPaul
05-03-2005, 09:28 PM
another classic Mourinho quote:

"Did the best team win tonight?"
"No. The best team didn't win."

i love this guy
I know, it's feckin' stupid isn't it.

There were only two teams, so it should be "Did the better team win tonight".

Walk On.

Illuminati
05-04-2005, 01:09 PM
I miss having my own net connection :(

Anyway - Only managed to see the last few minutes (was working in the labs for most of the match) but great to see it happen :D

I was a little pissed off at Mourinho's interview (although I thought it was "No, the best team lost" :huh: ) - But then I realised he really had to be pissed off that Chelsea have been dominating the Premiership and just got eliminated out of the Champions' League. By Liverpool no less :w00t:

jetje
05-04-2005, 05:14 PM
It was just another boring british football match, the best team didn't win according to Mourinho... mmm he's right in that cause actually no one deserved to win... boooooring.

Ah unless you support one of the teams ofcourse, congrats to liverpool :)