PDA

View Full Version : white weddings

brenda
05-04-2005, 09:57 AM
OK this is the score, I have to write another essay, this time about the importance of a wedding dress an it would be great if you could help me out with a few opinions.

So here's what I wanna know

1. Why is the dress so important?

2. Would you buy a second hand wedding dress?

3. Would you sell your dress after the wedding?

4. If any of you have married more than once does the dress get less important with each wedding?

please expain each of your answers and thank you, and just so that the guys don't feel left out........

1. Have you ever wished that you could wear a wedding dress, felt jealous that all the attention is on the bride or just can't see what all the fuss is about it's not gonna stay on for that long anyway :naughty:

by the way when I pass my degree I will share it with you all :mellow:

ruthie
05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
1. Why is the dress so important?
It's not. I didn't wear a "wedding dress".
2.Would you buy a second hand wedding dress?
No, and I wouldn't buy a new one. I'd prefer to wear a dress I really dig.
3. Would you sell your dress after the wedding?
well..no, cause it's a dress I really dig. LOL
4. If any of you have married more than once does the dress get less important with each wedding?
Well..getting married at some point for the second time...I'll wear something i really dig...and if it's warm out, i probably won't have shoes on..just my ankle bracelets.

JPaul
05-04-2005, 06:56 PM
1. Have you ever wished that you could wear a wedding dress, felt jealous that all the attention is on the bride or just can't see what all the fuss is about it's not gonna stay on for that long anyway :naughty:

No :sick: , no :wacko: , indeed :w00t: .

MagicNakor
05-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Well...on one hand, the wedding dress being white didn't come around as a standard until Queen Victoria got married. On the other hand, I do have a fondness for Billy Idol. :blushing:

The wedding dress, historically, was often part of the dowry. It also showed station, as one would dress as lavishly as possible, generally imitating the upper echleons of society. Having a train would be a large status symbol for those "normal folk." It was often also used as a dress for special occasions, such as a holiday or Sunday. It wasn't a singular wearing garment.

Everyone knows the wedding's for the bride. ;) The groom's just furnishing.

:shuriken: