PDA

View Full Version : HRHD rips and TV-out

oermens
05-05-2005, 03:45 AM
When I watch HR-HDTV rips of tv shows on my laptop it plays fine, but when I use s-video out to my tv the video playback is slow but audio is fine. Can this be corrected using a higher quality cable (I bought mine from dollarama for 95cents)? I read elsewhere that this will occur if your tv/dvdplayer does not support high res format. Regular HDTV rips play fine through tv-out. Here is a description of HR-HDTV for those who are unfamiliar with it:

CTU is the member of the continuum dedicated to bringing you High
Resolution XviD TV rips (HR.HDTV/PDTV). HR HDTV is a format originated by
us in 2003, under our former group name of FUA. HR HDTV is defined by us as
the following:

- HDTV source (1920*1088,29.97i or 1280*720,59.94p)
- 960x528 WS resolution
- untouched AC3 audio
- sized to fit 1 1-hour episode or 2 30 minute episodes per CD

Any suggestions?

Skiz
05-05-2005, 03:49 AM
When I watch HR-HDTV rips of tv shows on my laptop it plays fine, but when I use s-video out to my tv the video playback is slow but audio is fine. Can this be corrected using a higher quality cable (I bought mine from dollarama for 95cents)? I read elsewhere that this will occur if your tv/dvdplayer does not support high res format. Regular HDTV rips play fine through tv-out. Here is a description of HR-HDTV for those who are unfamiliar with it:

CTU is the member of the continuum dedicated to bringing you High
Resolution XviD TV rips (HR.HDTV/PDTV). HR HDTV is a format originated by
us in 2003, under our former group name of FUA. HR HDTV is defined by us as
the following:

- HDTV source (1920*1088,29.97i or 1280*720,59.94p)
- 960x528 WS resolution
- untouched AC3 audio
- sized to fit 1 1-hour episode or 2 30 minute episodes per CD

Any suggestions?

I'm no excpert on the matter, but I would think a better wire would make a difference. Typically does with video or sound.