PDA

View Full Version : Nero Super Vcd

kurse
05-06-2005, 07:37 AM
I am trying to burn a movie, origanally .AVI with NERO 6. I chose to use SUPER VCD. Nero encoded the movie to SVCD but gave me this:

Sorry, your compilation cannot be written on this kind of disc. Please insert a disc of correct type or modify the settings of your compilataion to make it compatible with the current disc

I dont know what this means. I dont know what to do. Can someone plz help.

ps. I was using a blank 4.2 gig dvd-r for the file

lynx
05-06-2005, 08:16 AM
You can't burn a (super) video CD onto a DVD. By definition it has to go onto a CD. :frusty:

kurse
05-06-2005, 06:50 PM
thanks lynx but what happends when the file is too big for a cd? What to do then?

Sudden
05-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Svcd can make a movie to long for a standard 700MB CD

So burn it to VCD it will probably fit :)

accat13
05-06-2005, 09:24 PM
well why don't you just use nero to convert to dvd...I'm going to give you a small piece of advise CONVERTING sucks......Save yourself time money and many hours of frustration go out and buy a better dvd player...I would suggest a dvp642 from philips or another divx compatible player,maybe even a modded xbox...You notice I said save money,well if you burn those divx(avi's) to dvd you can fit about 5 on a dvd disc....A philips dvp642 and my dvd burner are 2 of the best decisions I have made...:) my 2 cents take it for what its worth....