PDA

View Full Version : Ie 6 Favorites List

nizers
04-07-2003, 11:25 PM
Just wondering if anybody knows a better way to make a backup of my favorites list then pen & paper??

Livy
04-07-2003, 11:52 PM
go to the start menu, double click on your favorites folder, then just copy them somewhere, or copy them to a floppy.

Schuler
04-08-2003, 12:19 AM
If you're running windows XP go to C:\Documents and Settings\YouruserName\ and you'll see a star for favorites. It's basically a folder with a fancy icon, copy this onto a disk or whereever you want to back it up as. If you reformat or want them another computer just simply paste it over the previous file.

nizers
04-08-2003, 03:37 AM
nice.. i'm gonna reformat and that's why i wanted to know.. thx

Yusuke
04-08-2003, 04:56 AM
You can also goto File, import and export in IE and you can export the favorite list in that thingy... But I always just back up the favorite folder cause i never really had much success with the import and export thingy working for favorites

kirsty1975
04-08-2003, 08:41 AM
Normally the favourites folder is not very big, you can copy the folder on to a floppy

OR

If you favourities does not fit on a floppy, you can copy paste them on to any wordprocessor and keep a back on a floppy or even a print out. Hope this helps

Cheers
Kirsty

Wizzandabe
04-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Schuler@8 April 2003 - 00:19
If you're running windows XP go to C:\Documents and Settings\YouruserName\ and you'll see a star for favorites. It's basically a folder with a fancy icon, copy this onto a disk or whereever you want to back it up as. If you reformat or want them another computer just simply paste it over the previous file.
but if you are running on 98 then go to c:\windows\ and then copy the favirouts folder somewhere. and past it then you ae done.