PDA

View Full Version : Night Watch

tarzan
05-07-2005, 08:09 AM
any one hear anything about this movie?
Night Watch (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403358/)

A fantasy-thriller set in present-day Moscow where the respective forces that control daytime and nighttime do battle

that sounds like alot of potential to be a badd ass movie
the trailor looks wicked.
view the trailor (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/night_watch/)

kan200
02-13-2006, 01:03 PM
saw this last night its brilliant! cant wait to watch the second one day watch

DorisInsinuate
02-13-2006, 02:55 PM
I read it was supposed to be pretty good, and that the big Hollywood studios hijacked the sequels; so the elitists will enjoy gloating that they saw the original non-American one first, and therefore: them > y00.

hippychick
02-13-2006, 05:54 PM
Is this movie dubbed in English or subbed in English?
Plus I heard it isn't a horror movie, but a political movie with witches and vampires :huh:
Anyone know if its a horror movie?
I'm really looking fwd to this movie to see something not 'Hollywood" and politically correct...lol
Plus I made a thread for free movie passes to it. I will keep looking for more.;)

{I}{K}{E}
02-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I hope the dutch release won't be dubbed in english :)

i prefer the original languages, with english/dutch subs.

mr. nails
02-14-2006, 06:37 AM
so, i watched this movie over a year ago and i just don't see what the hype is about. really, it's not that good.

kan200
02-14-2006, 11:18 PM
i downloaded it from torrentspy, its in russian w eng subs, there is no dubbed version as far as im aware, which is good cos i dont think it would really work dubbed. the sequel is out there too but so far is only russian wiv no subs. if anyone finds it wiv subs or the subs seperate let me know. its called Daywatch by the way:)

dappadonman
02-16-2006, 01:34 AM
i need to see this flick

isshaq67
02-17-2006, 11:59 PM
thankssssssssssssssssssssssss

no_one2
02-18-2006, 01:27 AM
all of the success that this film had in russia had me intrigued to check it out once it debuted here. so far the reviews have been quite mixed so it will be interesting to see the reaction here in the u.s. market.

Busyman
02-18-2006, 01:29 AM
all of the success that this film had in russia had me intrigued to check it out once it debuted here. so far the reviews have been quite mixed so it will be interesting to see the reaction here in the u.s. market.
A subtitled actioner better be damn good to make it over here.

I'm not holding my breath.

Cheese
02-18-2006, 01:52 AM
I read it was supposed to be pretty good, and that the big Hollywood studios hijacked the sequels; so the elitists will enjoy gloating that they saw the original non-American one first, and therefore: them > y00.

Personally, I can't wait until the film is culturally imperialized. Reading films is such a drag, paricularly in such dialogue-rich films of the action/sci-fi genre.

hippychick
02-18-2006, 02:08 AM

Personally, I can't wait until the film is culturally imperialized. Reading films is such a drag, paricularly in such dialogue-rich films of the action/sci-fi genre.
That why I'm going to a free screening, If its no good I'm not out any money.
Cheese there are some free passes for Texas ;)
Brotherhood of the wolf was subtitled and they did a good job.

Cheese
02-18-2006, 02:15 AM
Personally, I can't wait until the film is culturally imperialized. Reading films is such a drag, paricularly in such dialogue-rich films of the action/sci-fi genre. That why I'm going to a free screening, If its no good I'm not out any money.
Thanks Hippychick but I'm really from Plymouth, United Kingdom (where the pilgrim fathers set sail from). The location on my profile is kind of a joke. I do get some free tickets for films occasionally but I keep forgetting to go. :dabs:

hippychick
02-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Thanks Hippychick but I'm really from Plymouth, United Kingdom (where the pilgrim fathers set sail from). The location on my profile is kind of a joke. I do get some free tickets for films but I keep forgetting to go. :dabs:
LOL np...I do the same with changing my flag all the time.:D

Busyman
02-18-2006, 03:15 AM
Yeah I did like BOTW.

Didn't do well in the US box-office though. I sure wouldn't have paid to see it.

I think there are good movies and there are good movies for watching at the movie theater, ya know?

I see my free pass is for Feb. 21 and this time it's wayyyy uptown.
Hopefully I'll go.

hippychick
02-18-2006, 03:25 AM
Yeah I did like BOTW.

Didn't do well in the US box-office though. I sure wouldn't have paid to see it.

I think there are good movies and there are good movies for watching at the movie theater, ya know?

Hopefully I'll go.
If not you can always download it...I have been downloading one for 2 weeks now...superslow.
I'm still planning on seeing it in the theater, it does look good.

Busyman
02-18-2006, 03:31 AM
Yeah I did like BOTW.

Hopefully I'll go.
If not you can always download it...I have been downloading one for 2 weeks now...superslow.
I'm still planning on seeing it in the theater, it does look good.
Yeah the good thing about foreign films is that you can get a DVD rip of it since it's been out for awhile.

That's how I watched BOTW and (some of) Vidocq.

Night Watch looks like something I wanna watch on at least my big screen.

Skillian
02-18-2006, 04:38 AM
When I see this thread I keep thinking of Nightwatch, the British film with Ewan McGregor. That was a cool movie.

Anyway, this film looks interesting, downloading now.

hippychick
02-20-2006, 02:15 PM
In the free passes thread I added an updated link with some Canada listings.;)

hippychick
03-01-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't know whats up with this movie, why so many ppl want to see it.
We showed up 1 hr early for a free movie screening and was told it was already sold out. In fact it was sold out 3 hours before we even got there. :huh: Some ppl decided to wait just to see if a free seat was left available. crazy lol
They compensated us with a stupid free movie...oh well lol
Anyone seen it yet, is it worth all the hype?

Evil_Monkey
03-01-2006, 07:07 PM
so, i watched this movie over a year ago and i just don't see what the hype is about. really, it's not that good.

I live in the same area what do you mean you all ready watched it (and im not talking about the video game) :stars:

py3m4n
03-05-2006, 02:30 AM
Nightwatch was on the torrent scene at least 8 months ago. cause i seen it last summer sometime. Think it was a TC I watched from Russia with fansubs.

Was a good film, but nowhere near as good as all the hype that's being generated around it now, is making out.

Still a good movie though and defo worth a watch if you like your vampire movies with geopolitical communist undertones.

Caroline
03-05-2006, 07:56 PM
it has alot of sides to it - its like a matrix/underworld/lotr/jacket mix in raw format.movie is around 2hrs long . Definetly worth watching, very nice editing.

sickofcake
03-08-2006, 09:37 PM
/removed. requesting torrents is not allowed.

{I}{K}{E}
03-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Watched it today. really good movie :thumbsup: