PDA

View Full Version : Ares Links For Verifieds / Post Generator

RealitY
05-08-2005, 03:55 AM
Well for now we have mostly EDK2 links in the verifides and some still use FastTrack links although that seems slimmer these days. I had suuggested to rossco that we build a generator for poting hashes so that those that want to post them will be able to so much easier similar to whats been done in the NZB section and if all goes well you will only need the hash and some extra optional info for the Verifieds section.

So now the question is if we should also allow and have Ares link also along with the same functionity built into the generator. Ive seen quite a few mention on the forum regarding the app although it seems to still be a smaller network. If we do add it I would want those that are users to use it and make it worthwhile of course is all. Then I could add it this post also...
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=94141

sparsely
05-08-2005, 05:01 AM
they're just links, people can post them...if some people don't use them...what's the big deal? :blink:

i mean, hell...you're supporting sig2dat links...who uses that ancient shit anymore? :\

Samurai
05-08-2005, 05:06 AM
I use Ares but wouldn't post links

Whole point of using verifieds is not only getting what you "click" for but also because the files are generally quite large. With Ares, unless it's a full album it would be a waste of time.

RealitY
05-08-2005, 06:08 AM
I think the only point is if some intend on posting links then its worth it to bring it into the section more. Im not an Ares user myself and Im not even sure if there is a place on the web that has such a section now. Though if nobody wants or intends to post the links then there is no point although in it. I dont really think there needs to be whole lot of posters as just some would do I guess.

As for sig2dat it does seem rather thin these days but still gets some use I guess and has been on this board for some time. It was already suggested that it may be good to go through some of the posts that have only sig2dats and add an alternative edk2 link which might make the Verifieds a slight more attractive since that seems to be the one mostly used these days...

sparsely
05-08-2005, 06:47 AM
there are sites with indexed links for ares...i'm not at home right now, so i can't give any links, but teh links can be parsed with php the same way ed2k links can, that way they'll be listed properly by type if a users does post an ares link.

Personally, when i post linksets now (for albums, at other places), i generally do both ed2k and ares.
it's much faster to get an album on ares than ed2k, and the links are no less reliable.

uNz[i]
05-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Sure - I'd use Ares links if they were posted. Magnet links would be probably be another good option. :)

Peerzy
05-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Wheres the I Don't Use Ares & Wouldn't Use The Links option? Otherwise the poll is always gonna come out in favour of people using Ares.

Vargas
05-08-2005, 12:22 PM
then choose don't care or what's ares

tesco
05-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Added the don't use ares option.
but you oculd have used don't care or what's ares anyway.

Virtualbody1234
05-08-2005, 02:49 PM
I didn't vote when I saw the poll the first time. Now I can... I don't use ares.

RealitY
05-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Wheres the I Don't Use Ares & Wouldn't Use The Links option? Otherwise the poll is always gonna come out in favour of people using Ares.
I tink the whole thought here is to find out if any of those that use Ares would post links is all...

Vargas
05-08-2005, 05:31 PM
i think if there are alot of sources for a file on ares, then post the link.
but if all the sources are on other networks, and none on ares, then don't bother

nsane
05-08-2005, 07:41 PM
i think it would be good to have it just in case, ya never know...

i personally have support for ares, sig2dat, ed2k, exeem, & magnet links on my board ;)

RealitY
05-09-2005, 04:45 AM
i think it would be good to have it just in case, ya never know...
Thats sorta along the lines of what I was thinking although it seems as it wont get used much...

Mr. Mulder
05-22-2005, 09:12 AM
i've recently started ripping a load of stuff and seeding in ares, is there no place to post the hashes at the moment? :unsure: will there be an ares bit to the forum? :unsure:

tesco
05-22-2005, 02:09 PM
i've recently started ripping a load of stuff and seeding in ares, is there no place to post the hashes at the moment? :unsure: will there be an ares bit to the forum? :unsure:
That was the point of this poll, to figure out if anyone wanted it. :mellow:

RealitY
05-23-2005, 06:11 AM
Well the turnout on this poll was thin although it seems there is no hardcore reason not to so perhaps I will check out how it all works and if rossco has some time to write the script then maybe we can add it sometime this week then..