PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

{I}{K}{E}
05-08-2005, 10:29 PM
http://images.art.com/images/-/Harry-Potter-And-The-Goblet-Of-Fire--C10299627.jpeg

Quicktime Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter/thegobletoffire/)

ziggyjuarez
05-08-2005, 11:12 PM
lol ill only watch it because that girls hoaet

McStabhappy
05-08-2005, 11:21 PM
why is it that the movies come out in nov?

Guillaume
05-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Erm... To sell a sh*tload of merchandising in December? :unsure:

Roddage?

Guyver
05-09-2005, 12:15 AM
im glad to c the cast is still here:D, i heard therere were changing them because there getting too old, and harry hit puberty lmao..

abu_has_the_power
05-09-2005, 04:05 AM
emma watson is hot as hell yo!

i downloaded the preview thingy too. pimpin.

yo, check out http://emmawatson.net/forums/index.php?act=idx

davec8
05-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Dude, she's only 15.

Guyver
05-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Dude, she's only 15.
so im 17, i dated a 19 year old once. at 15 shes smokin :D

cpt_azad
05-09-2005, 11:25 PM

ya, for a 15'er, she's pretty hot

davec8
05-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Fair enough. As they say, to each their own. Just wanted to make sure it was pointed out. Also, I think going down 2 years is a lot bigger deal than going up 2 years in that age range.

mike45450
05-10-2005, 06:07 PM
I haven't even finished Chamber of Secrets, let alone Prisoner of Azkaban, so i doubt i'll be watching this. I've read em...but meh

suprafreak6
06-07-2005, 05:29 PM
OMG shes hott............u rock ziggy and all u other ppl that said shes hot

ziggyjuarez
06-07-2005, 05:53 PM

i downloaded the preview thingy too. pimpin.

yo, check out http://emmawatson.net/forums/index.php?act=idx
im gonna stalk that place for days.Thankz :01:

motov600
07-14-2005, 09:35 AM
when i found out that the new harry potter film is coming out on 11/18/2005 i knew i had to post it here to let every one know

this one has a dragon in it! :)

abu_has_the_power
07-14-2005, 11:45 AM
when i found out that the new harry potter film is coming out on 11/18/2005 i knew i had to post it here to let every one know

it has 4 dragons in it

ApacNTS
07-14-2005, 12:16 PM
is one of them named "puff"?

JMK
07-15-2005, 05:57 AM
is one of them named "puff"?

Yes, Infact the 4 dragons are named accordinly:

1) Puff 2) Teh 3) Magic 4) Dragon :w00t::w00t::w00t:

McStabhappy
07-15-2005, 08:41 AM

they always come out near my b-day

Rip The Jacker
11-18-2005, 03:39 AM
I'm not really a fan of Harry Potter, but I had to watch it last night. I took the time to write a review, but then I realized it kind of sucked (the review), and had spoilers... so to hell with it.

I saw Harry Potter! Where are my bragging rights?:01::P

Man... the first half was alright... but towards the end it just gets weird... I'd tell you why but then it'll have spoilers.... maybe it was because I havn't seen the other movies and don't know whats going on... who knows.... the effects were great.:)

Meh... the midnight showing's going on tonight... both theatres (500 seats each) were sold out... poor guys have to work at midnight.:pinch:

Seedler
11-18-2005, 03:49 AM
I might go see it if i have time, if not i'll just wait for the Xvid to come out and watch it at home

Rip The Jacker
11-18-2005, 03:51 AM
If your a fan of Harry Potter, it's worth the $10 seeing it on the big screen... otherwise... you could just wait yeah...

Guyver
11-18-2005, 03:54 AM
i dont go to them ovies anymore lol, last movei was was the grudge....ill jsit dl its its looks good

abu_has_the_power
11-18-2005, 09:24 AM
i just got back from the midnite showing. the movie was pretty good. way too rushed. god damn emma watson (hermione) was hot! *drools

MagicNakor
11-18-2005, 10:55 AM
They're going to run into trouble if they're thinking of filming all the books. The kids already look too old. ;)

:shuriken:

SingaBoiy
11-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Just got back from watching the midnight showing. Never really a huge fan but some friends were going :P

It was pretty damn good though :D

maebach
11-18-2005, 08:41 PM
I might watch it tommorrow

Guillaume
11-18-2005, 08:52 PM
They're going to run into trouble if they're thinking of filming all the books. The kids already look too old. ;)

Can't wait for film number seven: Harry Potter and the 40 years old virgin.

:unsure:

SingaBoiy
11-19-2005, 02:49 AM

Can't wait for film number seven: Harry Potter and the 40 years old virgin.

:unsure:
:lol: Cant wait

Aaron_T
11-20-2005, 03:07 PM
yeah i saw this at the cinema on friday, very good movie but shitty ending IMO.

Damnatory
11-21-2005, 03:07 AM
Maybe someone that has read the books can explain it to me, but, how exactly did Peter Pettigrew's name all of the sudden become Wormtail? :unsure:

Smith
11-21-2005, 03:12 AM
The only way I will see this, is if I'm high....

abu_has_the_power
11-21-2005, 03:14 AM
Maybe someone that has read the books can explain it to me, but, how exactly did Peter Pettigrew's name all of the sudden become Wormtail? :unsure:
u'll have to blame the 3rd movie for that. in the marauder's map, the 4 creators are moony, wormtail, padfoot and prongs. moony is lupin, wormtail is pettigrew cuz he turns into a rat, padfoot is sirious (dog), and prongs is harry's dad

Damnatory
11-21-2005, 03:20 AM
u'll have to blame the 3rd movie for that. in the marauder's map, the 4 creators are moony, wormtail, padfoot and prongs. moony is lupin, wormtail is pettigrew cuz he turns into a rat, padfoot is sirious (dog), and prongs is harry's dad
Ahh ok, you know that is something they ought to have explained in the movie... (Or did they :unsure:)
See and here I was making a connection with the map with MadEye Moody... I thought it said moody, which made sense as he was like a detective of sorts right? Would be a legitimate reason to have a map like that.

Something else that was bothering me a bit... What exactly is a Death Eater? They reference it quite a few times, even go as far as to say, "once a death eater, always a death eater", but yet they seem to dance around what they actually are...

abu_has_the_power
11-21-2005, 03:22 AM
they decided to skip most of the story behind the marauder's map in the 3rd movie. and in this new one they skipped way too much

Guyver
11-21-2005, 04:29 AM

LMAO THAT HOW I WATCHED IT

Darth Sushi
11-21-2005, 05:03 AM
Something else that was bothering me a bit... What exactly is a Death Eater? They reference it quite a few times, even go as far as to say, "once a death eater, always a death eater", but yet they seem to dance around what they actually are...
The Death Eaters are those wizards who follow Voldemort. They all have a tatoo of a skull with a snake coming out the mouth on their arms (Dark Mark).
http://maelen.fm.interia.pl/DMark1.jpg

Damnatory
11-21-2005, 05:24 AM
The Death Eaters are those wizards who follow Voldemort. They all have a tatoo of a skull with a snake coming out the mouth on their arms (Dark Mark).

Yeah see I thought that, but then they said that Snape was a Death Eater at one time. (during the flash back Harry fell into) Why would they allow Snape to be a Professor after that sort of indescretion... Something isn't adding up, I may have to read the books. :(

Darth Sushi
11-21-2005, 05:54 AM
Yeah see I thought that, but then they said that Snape was a Death Eater at one time. (during the flash back Harry fell into) Why would they allow Snape to be a Professor after that sort of indescretion... Something isn't adding up, I may have to read the books. :(

J.K. never really explained why Snape was never prosecuted but it was Dumbledore who convinced the ministry to spare Snape and make him a professor. But in book six, Snape killed Dumbledore! Book five also states the it was Snape who passed on the partial prophecy to Voldemort, which caused voldemort to kill Harry's parents...Perhaps the unpublished last book will clear things.

abu_has_the_power
11-21-2005, 01:10 PM
u gotta read the books m8. no point seeing the movie if u don't read. this is not like lotr

Flav_cool
11-21-2005, 06:46 PM

LMAO THAT HOW I WATCHED IT

As shall I :D

I remember that's how I watched Prisoner of Azkaban and I thought it was so good.

abu_has_the_power
11-21-2005, 11:52 PM
http://www.shoutwire.com/comments/696/New_Potter_Film_Takes_100m_In_First_Weekend

dang

silent h3ro
11-22-2005, 01:58 AM
lol ill only watch it because that girls hoaetYes she is. :drool:

silent h3ro
11-22-2005, 01:59 AM
The only way I will see this, is if I'm high....:lol: Good idea... I am getting some "stuff" next week. :P

colt45joe
11-22-2005, 05:16 AM
lol ill only watch it because that girls hoaetYes she is. :drool:

bah, i'm the only one who thinks she isnt hot.

silent h3ro
11-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Yes she is. :drool:

bah, i'm the only one who thinks she isnt hot.:ermm: ....:P

Gripper
11-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Worth a trip to the movies,like the French witches....ahhhhh....oooooo

abu_has_the_power
11-23-2005, 06:13 PM
clemence poesy is pretty hot. but not as hot as emma watson. *drool

maebach
11-23-2005, 08:19 PM
I just saw the movie yesterday and I didn't like how they didnt show the other contestants beat the dragons.

abu_has_the_power
11-23-2005, 11:33 PM
they didn't go into detail how the other contestants beat the dragons in the book either.

u guys notice how the firebolt (his broom) changed since the last movie? it has this little leg hook thingy now

maebach
11-24-2005, 12:44 AM
I thought it looked bigger. :lol:

Gripper
11-24-2005, 05:49 PM
He's been on Pimp my Ride

worldpease
11-24-2005, 07:51 PM
I just dld the maVen vertion,
gonna watch it today, with the spanish subs and all for my cousins and broh.

And yes, Emma is half of the reason for me watching HP.

abu_has_the_power
11-24-2005, 11:33 PM
worldpease, why don't u post in that new thread where stupid idiots are complaining that emma is ugly, and for some reason, they hate her so much that they have to start a new thread about it.

cow_dung
11-27-2005, 09:37 AM
just saw the movie
it was pretty good, better than I thought..
didn't like how they cut out the World Qudditch Match and the other contestant fighting the dragons...

but the part where the spirits of the dead (Harry's parents) came out and helped Harry was good..

{I}{K}{E}
11-27-2005, 12:31 PM
just saw the movie
it was pretty good, better than I thought..
didn't like how they cut out the World Qudditch Match and the other contestant fighting the dragons...

The book also doesnt tell us about how the others win from the dragons :huh:
if they didnt cut the WC Q the movie would have become to long.

gerardpogi
11-28-2005, 12:23 AM
the only thing i like watching about harry potter series is emma watson (hermione granger)

abu_has_the_power
11-28-2005, 01:06 AM
agreed!

cow_dung
11-28-2005, 03:57 AM
well since the book was about 750 pages long...
people would already know the movie will be long and also it would make the movie more thrilling in my opinion
I wouldn't mind sitting through an extra 10 - 15 mins. :P

Darth Sushi
11-28-2005, 04:57 AM
I remember Cedric turned a rock into a dog as a decoy. Krum used a conjunctivitis spell on the dragon's eye. Flour tried to put in asleep with a charm but it woke up and burnt her skirt.

{I}{K}{E}
11-28-2005, 09:17 AM
I remember Cedric turned a rock into a dog as a decoy. Krum used a conjunctivitis spell on the dragon's eye. Flour tried to put in asleep with a charm but it woke up and burnt her skirt.

oops :P

Chewie
11-28-2005, 10:21 PM

J.K. never really explained why Snape was never prosecuted but it was Dumbledore who convinced the ministry to spare Snape and make him a professor. But in book six, Snape killed Dumbledore! Book five also states the it was Snape who passed on the partial prophecy to Voldemort, which caused voldemort to kill Harry's parents...Perhaps the unpublished last book will clear things.
Having read books 4, 5 & 6, I have my own theory on Snape killing Dumbledore.
Dumbledore's priority has throughout been primarily concerned with the protection of the pupils and it appears to me that he sees parallels between Riddle and Draco Malfoy.
If Dumbledore has made Snape make an unbreakable vow to protect the pupils(or even if Snape's merely willing to do it) then performing Draco's task for him would honour both this and the one he made to Draco's mother.
I realise this is a bit of a stretch, but Dumbledore seems to be a little off-hand toward Draco's danger to him and this makes me think that he knows about it - possibly through Snape's double-agency.

Regarding the GOF film, I thought that Draco and the Weasley family (excepting Ron, Fred & George) were very much peripheral, and Julie Walters was entirely absent.
This could be as a result of the whittling down of the QWC which really had be cut for length.
I enjoyed the film with my youngest (12-y-o) yesterday; her favourite part was the egg-in-the-bath scene, of course!
Naturally, parts of such a long (for kids) book will need to be trimmed to prevent a movie behemoth, and although I was a little annoyed (perhaps that word's too strong, nvm) at some of the missing parts I think they've done a very good job.
Special effects were excellent again and the starring actors are getting better in their work. Having sat with my daughter Saturday watching HP1 it's apparent how wooden they were to begin with and I was quite surprised how much they've improved.

Darth Sushi
11-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Having read books 4, 5 & 6, I have my own theory on Snape killing Dumbledore.
Dumbledore's priority has throughout been primarily concerned with the protection of the pupils and it appears to me that he sees parallels between Riddle and Draco Malfoy.
If Dumbledore has made Snape make an unbreakable vow to protect the pupils(or even if Snape's merely willing to do it) then performing Draco's task for him would honour both this and the one he made to Draco's mother.
I realise this is a bit of a stretch, but Dumbledore seems to be a little off-hand toward Draco's danger to him and this makes me think that he knows about it - possibly through Snape's double-agency.

Regarding the GOF film, I thought that Draco and the Weasley family (excepting Ron, Fred & George) were very much peripheral, and Julie Walters was entirely absent.
This could be as a result of the whittling down of the QWC which really had be cut for length.
I enjoyed the film with my youngest (12-y-o) yesterday; her favourite part was the egg-in-the-bath scene, of course!
Naturally, parts of such a long (for kids) book will need to be trimmed to prevent a movie behemoth, and although I was a little annoyed (perhaps that word's too strong, nvm) at some of the missing parts I think they've done a very good job.
Special effects were excellent again and the starring actors are getting better in their work. Having sat with my daughter Saturday watching HP1 it's apparent how wooden they were to begin with and I was quite surprised how much they've improved.I agree with you concerning Snape, yet I seem to be in the minority in my household. I do recall a brief mention of Snape and Dumbledore arguing with Snape being upset about it. I believe DD wanted Snape to kill him to calm Voldemort's Suspicion.

orcho
11-30-2005, 07:03 PM
i so much want to see movie