PDA

View Full Version : wireles mouse + rc car

tesco
05-09-2005, 08:16 PM
I have a wireless mouse.
It's a logitech one: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=7061

Whenever my neightbour plays with his remote contorlled car (little kid, he plays with it a lot) my mouse goes all jerky, sometimes it stops moving altogether.

Is there anything i can do about that? :(

HCT
05-09-2005, 08:29 PM
take the car and burned it ;)

S!X
05-09-2005, 08:36 PM

:spamfrown JK. How close is the car to you residence? It must be one hell of a high quality vehicle to screw you mouse up :ermm:

tesco
05-09-2005, 08:42 PM
It's a gas powered one...hopefully it will burn itself. :shifty:

@lp, yes it is a high quality one...gas powered, custom/home made, etc.
quality parts.
:cry:

Tikibonbon
05-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Have you tried changing the channel that you mouse works on? I believe this will change the frequentcy that it operates on, therefore it won't share the same frequency as the car's remote.

tesco
05-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Have you tried changing the channel that you mouse works on? I believe this will change the frequentcy that it operates on, therefore it won't share the same frequency as the car's remote.
I was thinking something like that.
How would i do that though? the only idea i have is press the reset/connect button but that didn't do anything.

Tikibonbon
05-09-2005, 09:20 PM
I was thinking something like that.
How would i do that though? the only idea i have is press the reset/connect button but that didn't do anything.

In the battery compartment there should be a switch for selecting channels.

tesco
05-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Nope...I just took it apart and there's no switched on the inside either.

Virtualbody1234
05-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Use a wired mouse.

Livy
05-09-2005, 10:53 PM
or ask him if he has more than one frequency cyrstal set for his car, and try that, see if you get less interference,
although i though rc cars used completely different frequencies than other wireless stuff.

AcID ZeR0
05-09-2005, 11:36 PM
I've got one of them cars mine is tuned to the nuts and puts out a true 65 MPH.

Ask him nicely to change the crystals to a new band maybe compromise and buy him some new cystals.
If he doesn't cooperate then get yourself a cheap controller and a set of crystals find out which ones he's got on his car, When he's using it wait for him to full throttle, simply switch on your controller it'll interfear with he's = End of car.

I done that by mistake once switched my car on at this airfield and took down this guys gas powered fighter jet replica plane which was running on the same freq at the time, He wasn't best pleased plus he was a good ft taller than me so I kindly offered to replace it :unsure:

tesco
05-09-2005, 11:46 PM
:lol:

ya that's a good idea though (asking him to switch frequencies).
My dad talks to his dad sometimes so i'll get him to ask him if he can switch it.

Duffman
05-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Hey rossco are you an admin now?

tesco
05-10-2005, 01:32 AM
Hey rossco are you an admin now?
Nope. :shifty:

Duffman
05-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Oh, well then...

But anyways can you change my name, I've been here for so long there is no original duffman, I just want to be Duffman

tesco
05-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Oh, well then...

But anyways can you change my name, I've been here for so long there is no original duffman, I just want to be Duffman
there was a duffman, but he had no posts and wasn't active since 2003 so u got the name. :)

Duffman
05-11-2005, 03:20 AM
/hug, I wub you rossco, and cool new stars

uNz[i]
05-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Got an rf amp? you might be able to turn the problem on it's head if your mouse's rf output is strong enough. :sly:

Boost the signal from your mouse, wait for the RC car to get near a solid object like a wall and suddenly mouse the car straight into it at max revs...

muwahahahahahaaa :devil: