PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash -> MVP!

S!X
05-10-2005, 07:21 AM
Canadian eh? :cool: What a great achivement. :cool2:

iamtheoneandonlyone
05-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Indeed, but I guess he deserves after doing what he did. There are others who also deserve it too.

manker
05-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Which sport is this?

RPerry
05-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Which sport is this?

Basketball Manker :)

I Still would have given my vote to Shaq, even though he left us cold in Orlando years ago. Wonder if Kobe Bryant would have voted for Shaq too ?? :rolleyes:

Busyman
05-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Steve Nash was very deserving and I was going to say Shaq didn't deserve it in comparison but....

Look at the impact Shaq made when he's gone (Lakers don't make the playoffs) and the impact he has on Miami (they are favored to win it all).

Shaq's current team made the playoffs last year and Nash's former team made the playoffs this year.

Maybe Phoenix will play Miami for the championship. :w00t:

@RPerry - I'm happy Kobe didn't make the playoffs. Now everyone knows who the most important player was on the team.

The Big Ticket may sign with the Lakers though. He can opt out of the rest his 100 million dollar contract this year with Minnesota.

RPerry
05-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Steve Nash was very deserving and I was going to say Shaq didn't deserve it in comparison but....

Look at the impact Shaq made when he's gone (Lakers don't make the playoffs) and the impact he has on Miami (they are favored to win it all).

Shaq's current team made the playoffs last year and Nash's former team made the playoffs this year.

Maybe Phoenix will play Miami for the championship. :w00t:

@RPerry - I'm happy Kobe didn't make the playoffs. Now everyone knows who the most important player was on the team.

The one argument that could be made was when Shaq left, others left as well, including the coach. I still believe even though he is getting older and becoming more injury prone, Shaquille O'Neal still makes a huge ( no pun intended) impact on a team. I am impressed at His maturity as well, he knows he needed Wade to bring the Heat this far, and has said so.

I also want to say I admire Steve Nash as well for dedicating his MVP to the team. Both men were very...... Un-Kobe like :rolleyes:

Busyman
05-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Canadian eh? :cool: What a great achivement. :cool2:
He's American too. ;)

....either way it's not like he was born in Canada. :dry:

:lol: :lol:

spinningfreemanny
05-10-2005, 09:54 PM
word...the MVP makes the very definition of team

It's nice to see thepass first point guard back: he definitely makes the suns team go...

oh BTW; how telling is it to see that Kobe didn't get 1 MVP point? not even for 5th place!

oh in the pho-dal game; Amare went crazy. Seriously, there is no one to stop him.

I was sitting across from mark cuban across the court; he just kept making a sad face thoughout the game (obviously thinking about how in the world he let the NBA MVP walk...)

it was awesome.

Busyman
05-10-2005, 10:26 PM
word...the MVP makes the very definition of team

It's nice to see thepass first point guard back: he definitely makes the suns team go...

oh BTW; how telling is it to see that Kobe didn't get 1 MVP point? not even for 5th place!

oh in the pho-dal game; Amare went crazy. Seriously, there is no one to stop him.

I was sitting across from mark cuban across the court; he just kept making a sad face thoughout the game (obviously thinking about how in the world he let the NBA MVP walk...)

it was awesome.
I'm surprised Cuban let him go as well. He doesn't seem like the type of owner that makes a mistake like that.

S!X
05-10-2005, 10:27 PM
He's American too. ;)

....either way it's not like he was born in Canada. :dry:

:lol: :lol:

He's american too? :ermm: :lookaroun

RPerry
05-11-2005, 06:32 AM
I'm surprised Cuban let him go as well. He doesn't seem like the type of owner that makes a mistake like that.

I was surprised as well. You know what they say, business decisions :ermm:

spinningfreemanny
05-12-2005, 07:52 AM

he made two;

he's signed Dampier to a 7 year 70+ mil contract; more then what was offered to nash (5 year, 65 mil.)

for the purpose of being schooled by Amare 40-0...

Busyman
05-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Damn manny!!!!

Nash scored 48 fucking points and the Suns still lost. WTF!!!

He couldn't miss. He is talented as hell!!!

yahoo12
05-17-2005, 10:55 PM
mark cuban should have kept nash, i rather have him then eric dampier.

Busyman
05-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Nash proved again why he's MVP last night.

Fuck I didn't think Joe Johnson got hurt that bad. :(

He basically cracked his head. :frusty:

The whole left side of his face is still swollen and his eye is half closed and clotted. :sick:

Jimmy Jackson stepped up big time in the 4th quarter. I couldn't believe all the shots he was making. :ohmy:

Busyman
05-20-2005, 01:36 AM
Aye, didn't he, though? :)

Triple double in imposing circumstances-superbly done!
....and he doesn't dunk. Pure basics.

Fucking brilliant player!!!

Mark Cuban is an idiot!!!

mogadishu
05-20-2005, 03:03 AM
dude was born in South Africa and raised on a frozen island somewhere in canada...

when was the last time we had a white guy be MVP?

Busyman
05-20-2005, 01:56 PM
dude was born in South Africa and raised on a frozen island somewhere in canada...

when was the last time we had a white guy be MVP?
Larry Bird probably.