PDA

View Full Version : If The Us Was To Be A Bastard...

forq2
04-08-2003, 03:39 AM
Since we seem to have oil and gas problems and Iraq has an abundant supply after we kick their ass(hopefully) we could control them and rape them of their oil so prices drop from my $1.44 to like a buck. I spend $40 a week on gas just going to school so I cant seem to afford to drive anywhere and when i try to get a car that gets 67 mpg it dies on me. These are just some thoughts if I was an asshole and was in control :ph34r:

j2k4
04-08-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by forq2@8 April 2003 - 04:39
Since we seem to have oil and gas problems and Iraq has an abundant supply after we kick their ass(hopefully) we could control them and rape them of their oil so prices drop from my $1.44 to like a buck. I spend $40 a week on gas just going to school so I cant seem to afford to drive anywhere and when i try to get a car that gets 67 mpg it dies on me. These are just some thoughts if I was an asshole and was in control :ph34r:
A lot of people think that's exactly what Dubya has in mind. IF ONLY!

kAb
04-08-2003, 04:17 AM
down here in S.F. gas prices are freakin like 2.19 at best!

longterm
04-08-2003, 04:24 AM
Don't expect gas prices to go down. Word is they might go well over $2.00 a gallon, maybe as high as three dollars if any surprises await our forces which could delay them. (This, of course, would increase costs of OTHER things which get transported by gas-chugging trucks, so expect costs of many things to go up.)
Anyone see corresponding raises at work?
Hmmph.
Also...the gas/oil is not the deep motivation here.
It's part of it...but only part of it.
It's so sad when one reflects on it.
The caboose of America, and everything it stands for, is passing by on the rails, yet the nation's "future", its kids, think they are watching the engine approach. When they get to a point of decision, what will they think when they realize all the decisions have been made...for them, and their offspring, forever more? And not by anything CLOSE to a majority decision.
Law uses the term "precedent" to refer to an action or decision made justifiable in a previous case, thus trying to say that the current action is valid...just look at this action here...it was valid here.
What's going to happen when some bug gets up Ashcroft's or Rumsfeld's ass
and they decide to act with extreme prejudice, because, after all...there is "precedent"! And it might just be you...you who reads this.
The world has changed in very real ways since the 9/11 attacks.
Very real, and very dangerous ways. It is hard not to fear one's government when one knows it lies...lies hard...and will kill rather than be caught in a lie.
(If my responses are a drag...tell me...since I want feedback on what I write.
Let me know there is hope. It is all I ask for. Let me know there is hope.)

j2k4
04-08-2003, 05:54 AM
There IS hope-you are imbued with this depressing fatalism: Why?

tracydani
04-08-2003, 07:30 AM
I don't think I have seen gas less then about $4.00 a gallon here in Germany.

I'm not sure but I think it is about Euro1.08-1.29 per liter right now which is about $4.52-$5.42/gal.

Lets hope Bush doesn't have those ideas about keeping the oil for the US. If you think we have problems now just wait to see what happens when the world see's us doing something as gready as that. High gas prices will be the least of our concerns.

TheDave
04-24-2003, 03:45 PM
the price of oil for us wont go down they will just get more profit

kAb
04-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by tracydani@7 April 2003 - 23:30
I don't think I have seen gas less then about $4.00 a gallon here in Germany.

I'm not sure but I think it is about Euro1.08-1.29 per liter right now which is about $4.52-$5.42/gal.

Lets hope Bush doesn't have those ideas about keeping the oil for the US. If you think we have problems now just wait to see what happens when the world see's us doing something as gready as that. High gas prices will be the least of our concerns.
its cause yor government taxes your gas like crazy <_<

myfiles3000
04-24-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by kAb+24 April 2003 - 18:02--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kAb @ 24 April 2003 - 18:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--tracydani@7 April 2003 - 23:30
I don&#39;t think I have seen gas less then about &#036;4.00 a gallon here in Germany.

I&#39;m not sure but I think it is about Euro1.08-1.29 per liter right now which is about &#036;4.52-&#036;5.42/gal.

Lets hope Bush doesn&#39;t have those ideas about keeping the oil for the US.&nbsp; If you think we have problems now just wait to see what happens when the world see&#39;s us doing something as gready as that.&nbsp; High gas prices will be the least of our concerns.
its cause yor government taxes your gas like crazy <_< [/b][/quote]
more accurately, its because the us heavily subsidizes the cost of fuel, as the economy depends on distribution via roads/highways. us gas prices aren&#39;t any more &#39;natural&#39; than anywhere else, it all depends on the nation&#39;s needs.

clocker
04-24-2003, 08:23 PM
I think it&#39;s humorous that everyone seems so concerned what the US might do with the Iraqi oilfields
, in fact, almost certain that the plan is to annex them for our private use (Iraxas?), and yet nobody appears upset that for the past 10 years the French have been buying up every drop of "embargoed" Iraqi oil they could get onto a tanker.
How come we&#39;re the bad guys here?

myfiles3000
04-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by clocker@24 April 2003 - 21:23
nobody appears upset that for the past 10 years the French have been buying up every drop of "embargoed" Iraqi oil they could get onto a tanker.
How come we&#39;re the bad guys here?
clocker, could you clarify? you mean france was buying oil against un resolutions? as far as i know, the US has been buying oil from iraq since about &#39;98 (?)

clocker
04-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by myfiles3000@24 April 2003 - 14:52

clocker, could you clarify? you mean france was buying oil against un resolutions? as far as i know, the US has been buying oil from iraq since about &#39;98 (?)
France has been Iraq&#39;s coziest trading partner for years and has signed contracts with SH which would have given France a stranglehold over Iraqi oil exports when UN sanctions were lifted. French companies (TotalFinaElf) have been hard at work in Iraq for the past decade- they just brought the world&#39;s largest natural gas field online this year.Those pictures you&#39;ve no doubt seen of endless miles of tanker trucks leaving Iraq, that oil was being sold in violation of UN sanction. WE knew it, EVERYBODY knew it. And the French were buying a large portion of it.
No wonder they opposed the war- they were profiting mightily, and stood to increase that, by just maintaining the status quo.

myfiles3000
04-28-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by clocker@24 April 2003 - 22:21
Those pictures you&#39;ve no doubt seen of endless miles of tanker trucks leaving Iraq, that oil was being sold in violation of UN sanction. WE knew it, EVERYBODY knew it. And the French were buying a large portion of it.
No wonder they opposed the war- they were profiting mightily, and stood to increase that, by just maintaining the status quo.
so, are you saying that the french violated sanctions that the US didn&#39;t? No doubt that France was pursuing their oil interests there, but I&#39;m just not certain that they are guilty of violations that differ in kind, rather than degree, from those of the US (if they are, in fact, bona fide violations).

Kid1A
04-28-2003, 04:46 PM
PETROL NOT GAS&#33;

echidna
05-06-2003, 05:27 PM
I heard a very interest detail about Iraqi oil sales

there is more US currency outside of the USA than inside of it
it is, as we well know the primary international exchange currency
this is both good and bad for the USA it allows the US to have the whole world wanting to deal with the USA in order to gain US&#036; to buy oil with.
Iraq began to sell its oil in Euros [to France, Germany and Russia mainly] this suited everyone except the US
basically the US econony is so dependent upon oil both as fuel and as the driving reason for other nations to trade for US&#036; so if the world stopped needing US&#036; the hegemony would crumble,
the LA riots would look like a friendly PTA rally compared to the chaos which would reign if the USA suffered hyperinflation
US inflation is artificialy slight due to the majoraty of dollars being outsside the US economy
so i bet the bushes didn&#39;t want the euro trend to take off

and also why europe wanted the euro trend to take off buying in your own currency is always easier

ShockAndAwe^i^
05-16-2003, 08:38 AM
Why are you so anti american?

Rat Faced
05-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Which part of America is he anti?

echidna
05-19-2003, 03:36 AM
No Coment, i&#39;ve made my position clear enough.
ShockAndAwe^i^, the other hawks, pragmatists and hardheads have dealt with it
[am i scarring you, making you doubt your allegiances?]
think of me like castro, irritating, but mostly harmless, and not going away. :P