PDA

View Full Version : yet another TMPGenc problem

sArA
05-10-2005, 11:04 AM
I have tried to encolde 2 movies....and as you all know, it takes a very long time....anyway, half way through after many hours of encoding, the bloody thing says there is an error and stops it dead. Clearly this is pissing me off big style after 12 hours of encoding to get nothing out of it.

I am using tmpgenc 3.0 express if that is any help.

Funny thing too, it seems to take much longer to get there than the old tmpgenc too. :blink:

{I}{K}{E}
05-10-2005, 11:48 AM
maybe there are 'bad frames' in the source your using. THere is a tool 2 check for those errors but I dont remember the name of it :(

sArA
05-10-2005, 11:49 AM
maybe there are 'bad frames' in the source your using. THere is a tool 2 check for those errors but I dont remember the name of it :(

Erm...thanks for you help....I think.... :blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

{I}{K}{E}
05-10-2005, 11:57 AM
do you have this with all your movies or just 1 ?

sArA
05-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Just the last 2 I tried to encode....

Spanglish and Xmen2

I got them both months apart from different sources. I have only just started to clear out my hard drive and want to burn them and get them off.

another little question whilst I have your attention Ike.....

Can I burn say a couple of VCD's onto a DVD-R or do I have to recode them to DVD?

{I}{K}{E}
05-10-2005, 12:51 PM
another little question whilst I have your attention Ike.....

Can I burn say a couple of VCD's onto a DVD-R or do I have to recode them to DVD?

thats possible, but only works if your DVD player supports it. :)

sArA
05-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Well, it supports VCD.....

I just wondered how it would be done...I guess I could risk a coaster or two :lol:

{I}{K}{E}
05-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Well, it supports VCD.....

I just wondered how it would be done...I guess I could risk a coaster or two :lol:

you can use a DVD-RW.

just burn all the mpg's on 1 disk.

callum
05-10-2005, 01:18 PM
I have tried to encolde 2 movies....and as you all know, it takes a very long time....anyway, half way through after many hours of encoding, the bloody thing says there is an error and stops it dead. Clearly this is pissing me off big style after 12 hours of encoding to get nothing out of it.

I am using tmpgenc 3.0 express if that is any help.

Funny thing too, it seems to take much longer to get there than the old tmpgenc too. :blink:

I've been having the same problem with tmpgenc express recently. I think when it stops halfway through it has finished ananlysing and is about to start encoding.

I think the audio is causing the problem, it seems all the ones i had trouble with were ac3. Using VirtualDub to extract the audio as .wav, then using the .wav as the audio source solved the problem for me.

I use divfix (http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divfix.html) to check for bad frames.

sArA
05-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Ok...thanks for your help :)

I will give it a go extracting the audio etc, and report back...just hope it isnt another 12 hours wasted... :rolleyes:

callum
05-10-2005, 02:48 PM
I've just noticed something with the files that won't encode, after adding the file i was unable to cut and edit it without tmpgenc crashing. But when i changed the audio to the wav it was fine.

The best thing to do would bet to try converting a small part of the file with the wav as the audio. If that works, there shouldn't be any problems.

Gre1
05-10-2005, 11:39 PM
It is probably making the files too big u might have something wrong in your settings

muchspl3
05-11-2005, 12:56 AM
yea, and divfix is ok, but moviefixer always found more errors
www.video-fixer.com`

sArA
05-11-2005, 10:59 PM
I tried spliting the audio with virtual dub and then using that as the source file....still no dice...this time it said it was unsupported half way through.

I notice that the movies I am having trouble with seem to be all Xvid.

Does that shed any light?

inkmaker23
05-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Check the AVI for bad frames first (easiest way is with Virtual Dub MP3 Freeze)
This guide shows how to check and if necessary, remove bad frames which always
hang up TMPGenc:
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/142555.php
If the bad frame log is empty, try reinstall of TMPG , under Options>Environmental
settings>VFAP Plug in.. Make sure Direct Show has highest priority.
Good luck.

sArA
05-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks...I will check it out.

Welcome to the board by the way :)