PDA

View Full Version : This Forum

j2k4
04-08-2003, 04:38 AM
Just wondering; seem to be having more difficulty lately accessing this site.
I am fraught with patience-just wondering what the nature of the problem is-I don't think it's me.

clocker
04-08-2003, 04:47 AM
No it isn't you.
It's those damn Canadians.

j2k4
04-08-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by clocker@8 April 2003 - 05:47
No it isn't you.
I KNEW IT!!!!

clocker
04-08-2003, 05:28 AM
Yup.
Because of the devaluation of the Canadian language their posts are HUGE and just clog up the whole works.
If they would just exchange at the border for American words this forum would hum right along.

j2k4
04-08-2003, 05:42 AM
Y'know, it never even occurred to me. Those poor Canuck schmucks. Think we should invade before they totally lose respect for America?
Then we could give Chretien a "Phonic Physic", and "flush" the problem away.

I'm pretty sure they're expecting it anyway.

itay
04-08-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by clocker@8 April 2003 - 05:47
No it isn't you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

j2k4
04-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Back to the gist of the thread, please?

Problems range from general balkiness (can't reply/post/edit), to "cannot find server"-these "outages" can last minutes or hours.
Super flood control?

NikkiD
04-08-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by clocker@7 April 2003 - 23:47
No it isn't you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We are having problems too...

There are some issues with the server that have been ongoing for a while, we are waiting for word from Jon (the web host), but as yet have not heard what's up (to my knowledge).

clocker
04-09-2003, 12:09 AM
As much as it pains me to follow j2k4 with a straight post...he's right!
The past few days the Forum has been very sluggish and the incidence of page refreshes and script errors (what IS a script error?) has dramatically risen. Today I began to be bumped from K-Lite on a regular basis. KazuprNodes wouldn't function. WTF?

clocker
04-09-2003, 12:16 AM
The sequence of these last posts demonstrates our dilemma.
My post took forever to actually show up.
Oh well, thanks for the info.

BTW...somehow NikkiD i deduce that you may be Canadian.
Please don't hurt me... :lol:

j2k4
04-09-2003, 03:06 AM
Me and Clocker, we likes Canadians jes fine, yes we do.
NikkiD-Are you Les Habitante, or "just a Canadian"? I feel it's important to differentiate, though I may be wrong. Feel free to slap my wrists if I am.

Anyway, thanks for the info-thought I was suffering from my normal ration of PC illiteracy.

clocker
04-09-2003, 03:12 AM
Yes sir!
Nothing I like better than to kick back with some fried dough and a Labatts(?) and watch some hockey.
Yup!

P.S. what the hey is a "Les Habitante"?
Pardon my ignorance...I'm an American

kAb
04-09-2003, 03:18 AM
hey watch out when you're dissing canadians, i got a whole bunch of filth about the U.S. that you don't want me to get started on.

its the amt. of users on the board lately. :o

400 the other day! :w00t:

j2k4
04-09-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by clocker@8 April 2003 - 22:12
Yes sir!
Nothing I like better than to kick back with some fried dough and a Labatts(?) and watch some hockey.
Yup!

P.S. what the hey is a "Les Habitante"?
Pardon my ignorance...I'm an American
Les Habitantes? Hockey? The Montreal Canadiens? THE HABS? ;)
I'm American, too Clocker, but gee whiz-a Quebecer? (I may have spelled THAT wrong). :(

sArA
04-09-2003, 03:55 AM
funny, but I have found that there are 2 kinds of Canadians.....the really really nice ones and the really really horrible ones.....what is odd is that there doesn't seem to be any in between!!!!

Of course, this is the experience of a Brit in the US!

j2k4
04-09-2003, 04:20 AM
I'LL SAY THIS ONCE, AND ONCE ONLY:

I LOVE CANADA AND "ALMOST" ALL IT'S INHABITANTS!

clocker
04-09-2003, 04:22 AM
AHA!
IKNEW IT!
You HATE Alex Trebek don't you ?

j2k4
04-09-2003, 04:33 AM
Well, yes-
I find him smug and pretentious; kind of a smart Regis Philbin on downers. Or maybe a smart Peter Jennings on uppers-YEAH, THAT'S IT!!!

oldmancan
04-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@8 April 2003 - 20:06
NikkiD-Are you Les Habitante, or "just a Canadian"?
j2k4

Just a Canadian, just a Canadian, just a Canadian!

Why I oughta....

Sure go ahead and kick someone when their down. Do you realize all the pain and suffering that is going on up here? Can you comprehend the gravity of the situation. The devaluation of the Canadian language is apocalpytic.

btw:

NikkiD sig should hint at whether she is a "Les Habitante".

Fried dough with Labatts? Doughnuts and coffee through the day, pizza and lagers for the game. Geez, get with the culture man.

:beerchug: OMC

j2k4
04-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by oldmancan@9 April 2003 - 11:13

NikkiD sig should hint at whether she is a "Les Habitante".

Fried dough with Labatts?  Doughnuts and coffee through the day, pizza and lagers for the game.  Geez, get with the culture man.

:beerchug: OMC
I'm doing everything I can, OMC. It's that Clocker character-all he does is the "fried dough and Labatts" thing. I expect no better, though (I think he's an Avalanche fan :blink: )

Re: NikkiD: You're right, but for some reason she seems reticent.

I myself am a Red Wing fan, which I'm sure doesn't do it for you either, so I'll split the difference: GO ORIGINAL SIX!!!!!!!

P.S. To clarify-By "just a Canadian", I meant, not a Quebecer. I prefer "just Canadians", as I am "just" an American.

NikkiD
04-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by j2k4@8 April 2003 - 22:06
NikkiD-Are you Les Habitante, or "just a Canadian"? I feel it's important to differentiate, though I may be wrong. Feel free to slap my wrists if I am.

Anyway, thanks for the info-thought I was suffering from my normal ration of PC illiteracy.
I am just a Canadian, a Toronto girl born and bred, but living an hour away from Toronto now. I am not, and have never been "Les Habitante!". Screw the Habs!!! Go Leafs Go!! And I like the Red Wings too... :lol:

Schmiggy_JK23
04-09-2003, 06:00 PM
*sings loudly*

"blame canada! blame canada!"

wonder what canadians thought of the South Park movie. :lol: :lol:

j2k4
04-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD+9 April 2003 - 12:47--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 9 April 2003 - 12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@8 April 2003 - 22:06
NikkiD-Are you Les Habitante, or "just a Canadian"? I feel it&#39;s important to differentiate, though I may be wrong. Feel free to slap my wrists if I am.

I am just a Canadian, a Toronto girl born and bred, but living an hour away from Toronto now. I am not, and have never been "Les Habitante&#33;". Screw the Habs&#33;&#33;&#33; Go Leafs Go&#33;&#33; And I like the Red Wings too... :lol: [/b][/quote]
ATTA GIRL, NIKKId&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Really, I should have guessed; the French thought process is not easily disguised.
Of course you DID do very well on the I.Q. test..........Hmmmmmmm.