PDA

View Full Version : Slapping

bigboab
05-12-2005, 09:51 PM
I have read in the papers and saw in the news tonight about this 'slapping' craze that has appeared in the UK. Is it just a British pfenom thingy. Or has it been imported from the USA or some other country? I know the kids used to do something similar with 'You've been Tangoed' a few years back. At least they kept that to themselves.
In this 'craze' everyone is being picked on and the incident captured on their friends mobile phones. Sad really. :(

What would you do if you became a victim of this 'craze'? I dont know what I would do. I suppose it would depend on the circumstances.

manker
05-12-2005, 09:57 PM
We use to spam people in the yard, when I was in school. I got spammed loads too - it hurt.

Basically you slapped someone on the forehead as hard as you could and shouted 'Spam'. The people who were watching laughed.

Seems as if things have come full circle, except we didn't have mobile phones. Duno if there is that much harm in it. If it wasn't slapping other folk for a laugh, it would be something else.

Biggles
05-12-2005, 09:58 PM
One would be tempted to perform what is known in the trade as "a Prescott"

I believe the correct name is Happy Slapping - as demonstrated by that bloody singing chick that can be downloaded for mobiles.

bigboab
05-12-2005, 09:59 PM
We use to spam people in the yard, when I was in school. I got spammed loads too - it hurt.

Basically you slapped someone on the forehead as hard as you could and shouted 'Spam'. The people who were watching laughed.

Seems as if things have come full circle, except we didn't have mobile phones. Duno if there is that much harm in it. If it wasn't slapping other folk for a laugh, it would be something else.

So you consider slapping old people a laugh. Bloody middle aged hippie. :angry:

manker
05-12-2005, 10:03 PM
So you consider slapping old people a laugh. Bloody middle aged hippie. :angry:That's two angry smilies in ten minutes :)

I duno, Boab. Slapping old people isn't a laugh, I was talking about in the school-yard, where from my perspective it isn't funny but from a teenager's POV, it's hilarious.

Didn't realise it was happening to older folk, including middle aged hippies (:ohmy:) but if someone tried to slap me in the street, I imagine I'd try to stop them and if I didn't do that in time then I'd stamp on their head a bit.

DarthInsinuate
05-12-2005, 10:25 PM
i don't think there's anything wrong with slapping, professional wrestlers slap each other all the time, it wouldn't be on TV if this kind of thing was wrong

GepperRankins
05-12-2005, 10:28 PM
One would be tempted to perform what is known in the trade as "a Prescott"

I believe the correct name is Happy Slapping - as demonstrated by that bloody singing chick that can be downloaded for mobiles.
even if it isn't let's say it is and get those bastards banned

bigboab
05-12-2005, 10:32 PM
i don't think there's anything wrong with slapping, professional wrestlers slap each other all the time, it wouldn't be on TV if this kind of thing was wrong

That is all stage managed and rehearsed though Darth. You very rarely see a wrestler ending up in hospital. Only if someone forgets his 'lines'.:lol:

manker
05-12-2005, 10:37 PM
even if it isn't let's say it is and get those bastards bannedMy son likes those adverts :dry:

GepperRankins
05-12-2005, 10:40 PM
My son likes those adverts :dry:
/ban him from tv

manker
05-12-2005, 10:41 PM
But then who'd educate, inform and entertain him :(

GepperRankins
05-12-2005, 10:43 PM
the wolves? :unsure:

bigboab
05-12-2005, 10:45 PM

Good point. He is probably laughing his head off at you right now.:lol:

Rat Faced
05-12-2005, 11:40 PM

That bloody frog or the gay dragon?

manker
05-12-2005, 11:46 PM
That bloody frog or the gay dragon?Both seem to be doing alrite up to now, with occasional interludes from the happy chick :unsure:

Busyman
05-13-2005, 05:10 AM
"Slapping" would never catch on over here. :(

There would be one news story and then the fad would end.

bigboab
05-13-2005, 07:17 AM

Yes I agree.:) Then you would invade every country that it did not originate from.:lol:

Barbarossa
05-13-2005, 08:49 AM
I would go for the throat of the guy with the phone... :angry:

iamtheoneandonlyone
05-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Kick'em in the nuts. Hit him where it really hurts.

bigboab
05-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Kick'em in the nuts. Hit him where it really hurts.

Not very PC are we?:( It could be a female.:) They are the well known 'slappers'.:lol:

GepperRankins
05-13-2005, 11:58 AM

slapping would never catch on there, because one person would do it to you then you'd punch them, then they kick your arse then you go get your gun :fear:

manker
05-13-2005, 12:13 PM

There would be one news story and then the fad would end.slapping would never catch on there, because one person would do it to you then you'd punch them, then they kick your arse then you go get your gun :fear:If it did then Busy would move to Fla so he could pack in public.

JUST IN CASE.

Busyman
05-13-2005, 12:29 PM
If it did then Busy would move to Fla so he could pack in public.

JUST IN CASE.
Either way....it wouldn't catch on if every time someone slapped a person, the slapper was slapped with bullets.

JUST IN CASE. :mellow:

manker
05-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Ya think :crazy:

Busyman
05-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Ya think :crazy:
Uh yeah...that's why it was said. DOY!! :wacko:

MagicNakor
05-13-2005, 12:59 PM
This thread is surreal. I must not be picturing this "slapping" properly.

:shuriken:

JPaul
05-13-2005, 03:57 PM
http://www.meekermuseum.com/images/slapping.jpg

Nothing is new, Big Les was the Aberdeen slapping champion of 1967

lynx
05-13-2005, 04:46 PM
:slap: