PDA

View Full Version : hair bleaching

badluck514
05-14-2005, 02:20 PM
i am a hair dyeing freak, but i am also a poor young woman. so here is the issue. i want to dye my hair some ridiculous colour but right now it is jet black with a little orange on top, i bleached the black to get the orange dye to show up but i had a 10$ kit to do that, i no longer have the kit, or 10$. So long story short i need a way to bleach it for cheap at home- without burning all of my scalp into a charred mess.

any help is greatly appriciated
-zee

manker
05-14-2005, 02:25 PM
I think that instead of looking for versatile household cleaning products, you should pop down to the local learning establishment and volunteer to have trainee hairdressers practice on you.

If you're not gonna listen to me then try some regular, not coloured, bleach :unsure:

bigboab
05-14-2005, 02:28 PM
If you're not gonna listen to me then try some regular, not coloured, bleach :unsure:

:unsure:

manker
05-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Not coloured, meaning transparent, Boab :unsure:

uNz[i]
05-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Jay's Bloo loo gives a lovely azure shade to the hair.
http://www.morplan.com/stores/morplan_online/images/fullimages/s19418co.jpg
Try giving yourself a royal flush... or a swirly, as it's called in the US.
You won't find a cheaper way of dying your hair than that... and it has the added bonus of a nice piney scent. :D

;)

GepperRankins
05-14-2005, 05:28 PM
shirley you can afford a fiver for the stuff from the chemist :unsure:

badluck514
05-14-2005, 06:02 PM
1. i am not giving myself a swirly- blue isnt my colour
2. if i were to get 5 buckos what chemical am i supposed to get from the chemist- i think we're all forgetting the very important fact that i DONT want to burn off my scalp. i repeat- i want to keep my scalp un-burnt. and i think regular bleach doest work. is anyone hand hands on experiance it would be most helpful.

-zee

GepperRankins
05-14-2005, 06:08 PM
go to the chemist and get some paroxide or whatever it's called. didn't do me any harm :ermm:

i don't know if they work the same over there, but here i'd go in and say "scuse me, have you got anything i can bleach my hair with please?"

they'll know what they're talking about

uNz[i]
05-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Edit: D'oh! gepper beat me to it with the peroxide.

I'd ask my g/f about it for you, but she's asleep atm.

bigboab
05-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Dress up as a church official and go down town late on Saturday night. There is always someone committing a bleach of the priest after a few bevvies.:unsure:

badluck514
05-14-2005, 06:52 PM
okie, now when you say peroxide i think of the brown plastic bottle in the medacine cabinet. am i on the same page as you guys or am i thinking of something else entirly
gepper you sound like you've actually done it before- if so how light did it come out. i have this shitty 3$ family dollar black hair dyein now and i dont wanna have a mini explosion on my head in the peroxide gets thrown in here.

-zee

Illuminati
05-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Dress up as a church official and go down town late on Saturday night. There is always someone committing a bleach of the priest after a few bevvies.:unsure:

:lol: :clap:

GepperRankins
05-14-2005, 07:09 PM
it was couple of years ago so i may be wrong about stuff.

i think it came in a little plastic bottle. i think i just massaged it into wet hair like you do with shampoo and left it there for half an hour before rinsing it out. there was a slight burny itchy feeling while i did it, but nothing bad.

whatever you do, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS on the packaging

bigboab
05-14-2005, 07:58 PM
I think that instead of looking for versatile household cleaning products, you should pop down to the local learning establishment and volunteer to have trainee hairdressers practice on you.

Sorry I was implying if they are not listening to you why give them more advice.:)

GepperRankins
05-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Hell, just go buy a variety pack of Koolaid and try all the different colors.

You can rinse out anything you don't like, and hold a respectable job, to boot.

I'm sure you'll find a color that's you. ;)

Edit:

The Drawing Room is beginning another slide, I see. :)
my boss threatened to sack me when i bleached my hair, then i dyed it green :01:

GepperRankins
05-14-2005, 08:10 PM
he didn't.

i haven't dyed my hair again since though. it's not all its cracked up to be :refusetogoofftopic:

badluck514
05-14-2005, 10:59 PM
gentleman, lets focus back to bleaching. when you used peroxide how bright was it? was it like piss yellow or stark white or what?
-zee

GepperRankins
05-14-2005, 11:12 PM
it was kinda light yellow for me, but it depends on how long you leave it i think

lynx
05-16-2005, 01:27 AM
Why does a baldduck want to use hair dye in the first place. :unsure: