PDA

View Full Version : Peerguardian a Bitch?

orcutt989
05-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Peerguardian wouldnt keep bugging me about updating, so I did, and before when I opened it, it would state that some "driver" was already running, and the program never opened. So I used the "Recover Peerguardian" tool, which removed something. I dont even know. And when I tried to start Peerguardian the same thing happened. So I got rid of it, uninstalled it, and deleted the folder. And then I reinstalled it, only now, when I try to update a blocklist, a Windows Error "Send Error Report" window pops up that says "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger had ecountered a problem..." WTf? Can anyone offer any advice on how to get it working again?

Rip The Jacker
05-20-2005, 08:57 PM
PG is working just fine for me. I did get that "driver already running" error once, but the "Recover PG" tool fixed it. Are you using the latest version?

Try:
Use the "Recover PG" to kill the driver, uninstall it, remove the folder, remove all traces from the registry, and then do another clean install.

orcutt989
05-20-2005, 10:35 PM
PG is working just fine for me. I did get that "driver already running" error once, but the "Recover PG" tool fixed it. Are you using the latest version?

Try:
Use the "Recover PG" to kill the driver, uninstall it, remove the folder, remove all traces from the registry, and then do another clean install.

Worked like a charm!

1. Did "Recover PG" tool, got rid of driver or whatever.
2. Cleaned Registry
3. Deleted "Peerguardian2" folder in Program Files
4. Re-installed.
5. Bam, Magic

Thanks alot Jack the Ripper. :)

Rip The Jacker
05-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Jack The Ripper? :P

Your welcome. Once you get PG up and working, it can be pretty useful. :)

orcutt989
05-21-2005, 01:36 AM
Jack The Ripper? :P

Your welcome. Once you get PG up and working, it can be pretty useful. :)

Oops. Spitalfield!