PDA

View Full Version : Copying bootable dvd????

suhaib
05-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Well i have a windows all in 1 bootable dvd....i have tried to copy the dvd but it wont boot at the start....i've tried making an image and burning it, and copy it using nero...wasted 3-4 dvd's already.....by the way i used nero to copy it....plzz help me how to copy it so tht it'll boot, and should i try using sum otha software like clone dvd or sumthin????

thnx

muchspl3
05-21-2005, 12:05 PM
if its a image or bin/cue you should just burn it as such...

Peerzy
05-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Get a DVD-rw so you can keep trying, fucking up and using the same DVD.

1)Download UltraISO
2)Open UltraISO
3)In UltraISO go to TOOLS>>>MAKE CD/DVD IMAGE
4)Select the drive and make sure the output file is STANDARD ISO.
5)Download Alchole 120% and burn the image with that with DOA settings applied.

@Muchspl - DVD images cannot be Bin & Cue and most DVD Images user ISO to keep a certain file structure.

If all else files try a 1:1 copy with A120%.

muchspl3
05-21-2005, 12:20 PM
right then if its a bootable dvd it should already be a image/iso

just open nero and close the wizzard and choose recorder > burn image
you may have to change it to all files in the drop down box.

Peerzy
05-21-2005, 12:27 PM
I think he's saying he has the Windows All in 1 on a dvd working already but he wants to make a copy of it (for a friend or if a friends lending it to him) and because of the ISO structure needed to keep the files bootable any atempts he has done not through making it an ISO or a 1:1 copy mean the disc hasn't been bootable.

Thats what i got from his original post but to be honest it could be seen as a number of ways due to the lack of english language :D

peat moss
05-21-2005, 02:58 PM
@peerzy, quote : Get a DVD-rw so you can keep trying, fucking up and using the same DVD.

Good advice wish the store would tell people they need programs to burn dvd's , when they buy that new dvd-r . I have a lot friends upgrading their computers
ony to find they have trouble with this issue. :frusty: I point them to afterdawn or this site.

http://www.afterdawn.com/

suhaib
05-21-2005, 09:44 PM
I think he's saying he has the Windows All in 1 on a dvd working already but he wants to make a copy of it (for a friend or if a friends lending it to him) and because of the ISO structure needed to keep the files bootable any atempts he has done not through making it an ISO or a 1:1 copy mean the disc hasn't been bootable.

Thats what i got from his original post but to be honest it could be seen as a number of ways due to the lack of english language :D

exactly.....i have to make the dvd bootable for a backup copie and 2 of my friedns want em.....i bought the dvd frm asia for £1.....should've just bought a couple of copies :shifty: