PDA

View Full Version : Failed connection test on new install

keyser_soze
05-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Whem I first set up my router I had a few problems with low id but I sorted that out by forwarding the ports, when I tested with emule connection test everything was ok but since updating to the latest version I get a tcp error on emules connection test :huh: I run Zone alarm but that never gave me a problem with the previous version of emule, I've even tried with Za switched off, my id's high and my speeds are ok but any ideas why im getting this tcp error?

Josh
05-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Are u running PG with lastest P2P blacklist that will block TCP test.

Vargas
05-21-2005, 08:31 PM
do you have different listening port since last install (forwarding the wrong ports)

keyser_soze
05-21-2005, 09:25 PM
I have the correct listening port but I may have imported the latest p2p blacklist into emule, How do I clear this or do I just need to delete 1 of the i.ps from my blocklist?

keyser_soze
05-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Soz for double posting but it sort of came to me just as I'd posted :D right I've deleted the blocked i.p log in emule and now my tcp test is fine but I fail the udp test :D Question is should I bother doing anything at all about the udp as it says it will function without, its my firewall thats stopping the udp because it works when I shut ZA down, also if I'm gonna do something about the udp in ZA then wheres best to do it>>>> in ther internet Zone or the trusted zone? and should I allow incoming or outgoing UDP, thanks for your patience. :)

keyser_soze
05-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Soz for triple posting but its ok now it was as said an imported blocked i.p from p2p blocker and the udp bit was just things needing restarted a couple of times you know how it works :D
Muchos gracios for setting me off in the right direction :cool:

Josh
05-21-2005, 10:37 PM
go to http://www.bluetack.co.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2

for a good emule ip filter thats does not affect TCP stuff i use the blacklist from there for emule

keyser_soze
05-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Cheers for that any reccomendations which lists to import?

Josh
05-22-2005, 08:42 AM
There is a Emule IP filter list there somewhere its the one i used for Emule you got to save target as otherwise u jus get the list on your screen once saved load it on IP filter on emule

keyser_soze
05-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Does anyone know which is the ip in particular on the block list that prevents the tcp test, surely I can just exclude it from thr block list in emules i.p filter?

Josh
05-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Well in Emule IP list i had no problems its the Peer Guidian p2p i had problem with.