PDA

View Full Version : The "Don't you just hate it when..." thread

Guillaume
05-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Don't you just hate it after getting a few hundred albums from a friend, you discover all the songs are titled "Unknown artist - Unknow album - track 1", "Unknown artist - Unknow album - track 2" and so on? :frusty:

DarthInsinuate
05-23-2005, 10:47 AM
not really, i just use mp3tag and it's freedb function to tag and rename the file, i find it therapeutic

Barbarossa
05-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Me neither.

Don't you just hate it when people don't know about FreeDB (http://www.freedb.org/) ... :unsure:

Guillaume
05-23-2005, 10:52 AM
I know about tagging programs.
Freedb just doesn't seem to know about obscure metal bands. What good is it when it tries to rename your songs to easy listening from Azerbaijan?

manker
05-23-2005, 10:53 AM
I hate untagged stuff so much that I usually delete the file in a fit of pique.

I hate it more when I make a post and just as I hit 'post quick reply' - I notice a typo.

Mr. Mulder
05-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Don't you just hate it when you have your men surrounding a building and you're just about to storm it when a sniper takes out the only bloke who has any grenades left :fist:

Barbarossa
05-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Don't you just hate it when manker has a "fit of pique" ... :snooty:

Guillaume
05-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Nah, cos I did too and erased everything. :angry:

GepperRankins
05-23-2005, 11:04 AM
i hate quick replying to a message and forgetting to tick quote, so the post makes no sense

DarthInsinuate
05-23-2005, 11:10 AM
i hate US TV channels and their weird scheduling, putting shows on hiatus, especially Cartoon Network who put months between new episodes. Special mention to Channel 4 for deciding not to show Scrubs for two years.

manker
05-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Don't you just hate it when manker has a "fit of pique" ... :snooty:Shut it or I'll have a fit of pique and restart my prunage campaign :P

===

I also hate it when Dave's posts have no context whatsoever.

GepperRankins
05-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Shut it or I'll have a fit of pique and restart my prunage campaign :P

===

I also hate it when Dave's posts have no context whatsoever.
sometimes the scenario i make up in my head is more interesting than you, so i comment on that instead :snooty:

MCHeshPants420
05-23-2005, 11:14 AM
I hate lamp.

Guillaume
05-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Don't you just hate it when politically correctness gets over the top? (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4570301.stm) :wacko:

manker
05-23-2005, 11:18 AM
sometimes the scenario i make up in my head is more interesting than you, so i comment on that instead :snooty:Only sometimes :wub:

(>Zero Cool<)
05-23-2005, 11:30 AM
I hate untagged stuff so much that I usually delete the file in a fit of pique.

I hate it more when I make a post and just as I hit 'post quick reply' - I notice a typo.

you make typos :ohmy: I just figured you had a highly trained secretary type in your posts :unsure:

my illusion is shattered :cry:

ok never nioticed this before but i now hate it when @barbarossa posts....simply because he is the acade fiend and you have to scroll down for aaaaagggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeessssss to see all his.....

accomplishments before the next post :getsownback:

Snee
05-23-2005, 11:33 AM
I hate lamp.
I also

manker
05-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Nah, I make gypos all the time, but I'm not sure if I hate seeing one of my posts with a typo in or seeing one of my posts with an edit watermark :unsure:

I definitely dislike each scenario.

*goddess*
05-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Don't you just hate it after getting a few hundred albums from a friend, you discover all the songs are titled "Unknown artist - Unknow album - track 1", "Unknown artist - Unknow album - track 2" and so on? :frusty:

:blink: I was gonna try and get into SS but with the tagging (and the guarantee that I would stuff it up) and scary FC, I decided against it.

(>Zero Cool<)
05-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Nah, I make gypos all the time,

your son is a levellers fan and sells clover and such like? :huh:

manker
05-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Nah, I make gypos all the time,your son is a levellers fan and sells clover and such like? :huh:I wire my ZX Spectrum 128k+2 up to a generator and make female gypsies, like in Weird Science but without the hawtness. I then send them all up to Edinburgh so that Spider_dude can pull on Saturday night.

Barbarossa
05-23-2005, 12:08 PM
ok never nioticed this before but i now hate it when @barbarossa posts....simply because he is the acade fiend and you have to scroll down for aaaaagggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeessssss to see all his.....

accomplishments before the next post :getsownback:

Yeah I hate that too... :P

I'll just have to learn to write more and more each time and pad out my answers for as long as possible so it's not so obvious just exactly how much spare time I have to waste in the arcade. :frusty:

Including quotes helps too :)

(>Zero Cool<)
05-23-2005, 12:14 PM
your son is a levellers fan and sells clover and such like? :huh:I wire my ZX Spectrum 128k+2 up to a generator and make female gypsies, like in Weird Science but without the hawtness. I then send them all up to Edinburgh so that Spider_dude can pull on Saturday night.

this begins to explain things :)

how is the wee fella btw? reading my programme is he? ;)

@barbarossa... :lol:

Mr. Mulder
05-23-2005, 12:16 PM
don't you hate it when you buy a pataks microwave tikka wrap thinking it's going to be uber leet but find out that it tastes like cardboard and have too many onions and stuff in it :fist:

*and don't you hate it when your puter slows down cos you've got stuff d/l and you can't be bothered to open ms word and spell chck your post :ermm:

Snee
05-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Everybody knows you don't combine cardboard and onions.

That's what tomatoes are for.

manker
05-23-2005, 12:20 PM
I wire my ZX Spectrum 128k+2 up to a generator and make female gypsies, like in Weird Science but without the hawtness. I then send them all up to Edinburgh so that Spider_dude can pull on Saturday night.

how is the wee fella btw? reading my programme is he? ;) Not very well, actually. Ear infection but he's allright, like.

I thought I'd posted it here but it may have been over at t'Moderation (http://moderation.invisionzone.com/index.php?). My ticket bloke didn't turn up so I watched it in the pub with the lads - so no programme :mellow:

(>Zero Cool<)
05-23-2005, 12:26 PM

how is the wee fella btw? reading my programme is he? ;) Not very well, actually. Ear infection but he's allright, like.

I thought I'd posted it here but it may have been over at t'Moderation (http://moderation.invisionzone.com/index.php?). My ticket bloke didn't turn up so I watched it in the pub with the lads - so no programme :mellow:

is that not fairly common, though distressing all the same, for kids to pick up? Prob listenning to the levellers is what done it :rolleyes:

Thats a bit crap re ticket :( ,though he maybe did you a favour it would have been a very painful trip, you gonna go mess up the guys stock...nick a few things add a few here and there :ph34r: :01:

manker
05-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I'd be more pissed off if we'd won, rather than the blatant robbery that went on. I had to watch a replay of it last night on MUTV to make sure that we didn't win :pinch:

I won't feck the bloke's stock up but this morning I did invoice him at the highest hourly rate possible :snooty:

(>Zero Cool<)
05-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I'd be more pissed off if we'd won, rather than the blatant robbery that went on. I had to watch a replay of it last night on MUTV to make sure that we didn't win :pinch:

I won't feck the bloke's stock up but this morning I did invoice him at the highest hourly rate possible :snooty:

It was a real smash n grab number....ahould've stuck with the replay situation I know there are too many fixtures as it is but surely a game of that magnitude deserves it...you must be pretty sickened :huh:

what a stadium though....scant consolation i know but had to mention it....I was pretty miffed when i couldn't manage down when we played there,though...again...the result was not the best :cry:

: re invoice nicely done ;)

Guillaume
05-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Don't you just hate it when you get a cold in the middle of May? :angry:

GepperRankins
05-26-2005, 10:10 PM
today some chav came and asked me to lend him 30p. i said i had no money and he walked off, then i realised i was actually counting all the money i had :01:

oh yeah my point...
i hate when chavs exist

Gripper
05-26-2005, 10:19 PM
When kids know more about computing than you,then rub your nose in it :angry:

Guillaume
05-26-2005, 10:23 PM
oh yeah my point...
i hate when chavs exist

Care to give a few pounds to help my great project?
It involves second-hand panzers and these things aren't cheap... :shifty:

99%
05-26-2005, 10:33 PM
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/apartheid.jpg

DarthInsinuate
05-26-2005, 10:34 PM
oh yeah my point...
i hate when chavs exist

how about old vans that you paint black with a red stripes on, maybe add a spoiler (a bit too chavvy, but BA was a bit of a chav)

http://www.davc.nl/davc/ateam.jpg

GepperRankins
05-26-2005, 10:37 PM
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/apartheid.jpg
vig·i·lan·te (vj-lnt) n.

1. One who takes or advocates the taking of law enforcement into one's own hands.
2. A member of a vigilance committee.

:huh:

Guillaume
05-26-2005, 10:38 PM
how about old vans that you paint black with a red stripes on, maybe add a spoiler (a bit too chavvy, but BA was a bit of a chav)

http://www.davc.nl/davc/ateam.jpg

Only if I can get him to fix a cannon with bits of rusted pipe and half a dozen gas cylinders. :01:

bigboab
05-27-2005, 06:26 AM
When someone puts you on ignore and does not bother to tell you.:( Manker has a bad habit of doing that.:( Someone tell him I said that.:lol:

peat moss
05-27-2005, 06:56 AM
I hate it when I lend money to a dead beat friend .I hate it worse when he "forgets" to pay it back . :cry: