PDA

View Full Version : What does the rest of the World have that the USA does'nt?

Pages : [1] 2

99%
05-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Just wondering -
since i just looked on google maps and noticed the rest of the world is not documented (Hawaii ofcourse is..)(Canada?)

Sooo much is usa orientated - especially when it comes to the web

Here in "europe" i feel their "presence" in almost everything when it comes to commercial items
(rest of) World are we loosing it?

and please avoid any reference to chav or peanuts

manker
05-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Indigenous medieval architectural artefacts for one.

Barbarossa
05-24-2005, 02:01 PM
UK has google maps (beta) :huh:

http://maps.google.co.uk/

Busyman
05-24-2005, 02:04 PM
You must remember that the USA is highly consumer oriented and keep in mind as well that Google is an American company.

What do you mean by "are we losing it"?

Gemby!
05-24-2005, 02:05 PM
the USA doesnt have me !

and everyone knows thats the most important thing ever, as i am GOD !! mwhaahahahaha

ps. god is not everywhere....just where i wanna be :)

JPaul
05-24-2005, 02:05 PM
He means old buildings.

99%
05-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Don't "the natives" of "the USA" have "Indigenous medieval architectural artefacts "?

Snee
05-24-2005, 02:11 PM
What does the rest of the World have that the USA does'nt?
Less americans.

History and traditions, and proper conservatives upholding ideals that weren't just made up, relatively speaking.

And millions of other things.

manker
05-24-2005, 02:12 PM
He means old buildings.No I don't. I would quote a dictionary to mark the distinction but it appears they've been rendered obsolete by a scholastic grammarian authority that I can only aspire to.

99%
05-24-2005, 02:12 PM

Well since this is Filesharingtalk and alot of it is "movies" - tell me brother what is the percentage of movies you have watched are usa created or "foreign"?

Barbarossa
05-24-2005, 02:17 PM
The rest of the world has democracy :dry:

manker
05-24-2005, 02:19 PM
Less americans.

History and traditions, and proper conservatives upholding ideals that weren't just made up, relatively speaking.

And millions of other things.You're leading up to it, aren't you :D

I did notice your comment, btw, then I got so enamoured with Dan's rod of piety that I forgot to comment. Not really thought about it before but I do agree tho'.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 02:22 PM

Well since this is Filesharingtalk and alot of it is "movies" - tell me brother what is the percentage of movies you have watched are usa created or "foreign"?
I've a small number of foreign cinema but the reason that number isn't higher is simply because our's is leaps and bounds better.

I see shows and movies like Lost, Chappelle's Show (season 2 on disc now btw), 24, Star Wars, and Scarface....and then I see an occasional good foreign film or TV show like Battle Royale (and saw one good episode of MI6)....and then realize I don't have enough time to watch EVERYTHING so foreign cinema take teh back burner.

Hell I wish Hollywood would remake Battle Royale.

I still don't understand "are we losing it"?

JPaul
05-24-2005, 02:22 PM
He means old buildings.No I don't.
I think you'll find you do.

99%
05-24-2005, 02:23 PM
-The title of this thread is a complimet to the usa - congrats
it is amazing that the usa in such a short history has managed so much
it just freaks me out sometimes the effect the usa has on my daily life.
yes maybe we are to stuck in our rules and traditions history.
But then why is not Australia at the same level as Usa - it has similar download recent humans history?

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Decent literature.

Barbarossa
05-24-2005, 02:24 PM
The rest of the world has proper beer ;)

Snee
05-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Less americans.

And millions of other things.You're leading up to it, aren't you :D

Well, maybe it won't be today, but it's definitely worth mentioning at some point.

@busy: yours isn't really better, there's just more of it, and you don't have to strain your brain by reading subtitles.

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=99%]

Hell I wish Hollywood would remake Battle Royale.

That would be sooo cool. They could get Britney Spears in it and whoever the teenage girls like at the moment to star alongside her. Then rewrite the script to remove anything un-pc, hard to understand or foreign. Tack on a positive moral to the story and you're all set.

Oh, yeah and rename it to something completely defferent as well.

On topic: The rest of the world has more imagination when it comes to films.

Mr JP Fugley
05-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Decent literature.
Kurt Vonnegut is brilliant, Rodney Roddington.

vidcc
05-24-2005, 02:30 PM

American troops ;)

99%
05-24-2005, 02:31 PM
I still don't understand "are we losing it"?

for an obvious example
the un inspectors checking saddams nuclear garlic warez
vs
suddenly there is us military in iraq

that was just an example so chill the other was the movies
- i have no intention on going into bush vs the usa people thing in this thread

On the web when i register in places etc software it often starts with usa and then europe

ofcourse the dollar has its priority - hence $ vs E
Tv news becomes embaressing in this country i live in when the literally Quote american news channels (not only that they removed bbc for cnn)

chill

Mr JP Fugley
05-24-2005, 02:32 PM

American troops ;)
:lol:

V Good

Busyman
05-24-2005, 02:34 PM
@busy: yours isn't really better, there's just more of it, and you don't have to strain your brain by reading subtitles.
I knew a shot was coming. :dry:

Strain your brain? No it's pretty simple.....

One enjoys the visuals of a movie better when they aren't reading the motherfucker. :ermm:

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 02:37 PM
One enjoys the visuals of a movie when they are reading the motherfucker. :ermm:

I agree you can enjoy the visuals when you're reading the subtitles. Reading is such a quick activity to most of us that once you've watched a few subtitled movies you don't even notice the difference.

manker
05-24-2005, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=Busyman]

That would be sooo cool. They could get Britney Spears in it and whoever the teenage girls like at the moment to star alongside her. Then rewrite the script to remove anything un-pc, hard to understand or foreign. Tack on a positive moral to the story and you're all set.

Oh, yeah and rename it to something completely defferent as well.

On topic: The rest of the world has more imagination when it comes to films.Damn, I was about to say it would be really cool to see Battle Royale remade with a massive budget. Now you've gone and ruined it.

Britney would save the movie you describe, anyway :snooty:

Mr JP Fugley
05-24-2005, 02:39 PM
I prefer dubbed movies to sub-titles.

I've got a dub machine, but it won't work for nobody but me.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 02:40 PM
[On topic: The rest of the world has more imagination when it comes to films.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think so. Hollywood has bad movies but the great one's outweigh the bad.

Good ole' American choice.....choice to come up to make a great movie or shit one....and choice of which one to watch. :)

manker
05-24-2005, 02:41 PM
No I don't.
I think you'll find you do.I don't simply mean old buildings.

Well, maybe I do but not everything within which that description encapsulates.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 02:42 PM
One enjoys the visuals of a movie better when they aren't reading the motherfucker. :ermm:

I agree you can enjoy the visuals when you're reading the subtitles. Reading is such a quick activity to most of us that once you've watched a few subtitled movies you don't even notice the difference.
No one prefers a subtitled movie. :dry:

Read a book ffs.

uNz[i]
05-24-2005, 02:42 PM
(...)
But then why is not Australia at the same level as Usa - it has similar download recent humans history?
Smaller population, basically.

As for the original topic question, dignity and integrity.

manker
05-24-2005, 02:44 PM

Read a book ffs.He didn't say prefer, he said you barely notice the difference :blink:

Busyman
05-24-2005, 02:44 PM
']
(...)

Fuck you.

Oh man....was that undignified...oh well

FUCK YOU!!! :ermm:

uNz[i]
05-24-2005, 02:45 PM

See?

Snee
05-24-2005, 02:46 PM

You are the one that said yours were heaps better. You were practically asking for it.

But disregarding that, subtitles, like anything else that requires thinking is a matter of practice, had you grown up with it you wouldn't even notice them by now ('cept when they get it wrong), besides, it's more or less proven that natives in nations that use subtitles instead of dubbing, or remakes, have an easier time learning new languages.

No one ever accused hollywood of making an effort to expand peoples' minds though.

Everyone but small kids prefer subtitles, here.

'cos it doesn't fuck the movie up.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 02:49 PM

Read a book ffs.He didn't say prefer, he said you barely notice the difference :blink:
Doesn't matter.

Reading words on a screen takes away from on screen visuals.

The average moviegoer can read just fine but if I'm watching visually intensive movie, it fucks it up.

I noticed this recently with the original Spanish version of Vanilla Sky....I like the original better but still hated the subtitles...even though it was barely noticed.

Mr JP Fugley
']

Fuck you.

That's a bit abusive

MCHeshPants420

Read a book ffs.

Plenty of people do when faced with the options.

1. Subtitles.

2. Dubbing.

3. Poorly made remake.

4. Learn the language of the film.

If a film is good then the fact that it is subtitled has no bearing on my enjoyment of it, to me subtitles is the best way of presenting a good film to a foreign audience. Seems to be you're a little closed minded.

On-topic: Open-mindedness.

DarthInsinuate
05-24-2005, 02:50 PM
The rest of the world has been beaten up pretty badly by two world wars, Britain had a thriving movie industry before World War Two.

99%
05-24-2005, 02:51 PM
']
(...)

don't they reproduce? or is it the good life which makes em less ambitious for higher grounds.
cummon auzzies? whats up? i thought you guys liked competition

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 02:52 PM
He didn't say prefer, he said you barely notice the difference :blink:
Doesn't matter.

The average moviegoer can read just fine but if I'm watching visually intensive movie, it fucks it up.

I noticed this recently with the original Spanish version of Vanilla Sky....I like the original better but still hated the subtitles...even though it was barely noticed.

Sounds like a personal reading problem then. Plenty of people have mild forms of dyslexia without even realising it.

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Umm...

Barbarossa
05-24-2005, 02:54 PM
The rest of the world has larger penises and hotter women ... :naughty:

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 02:55 PM
The rest of the world has larger penises and hotter women ... :naughty:

Are you saying America doesn't have big dicks?

manker
05-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Doesn't matter.

Sounds like a personal reading problem then. Plenty of people have mild forms of dyslexia without even realising it.
Seems more like selective myopia to me. I'm not sure if your post was read at all, the quote button was clicked and something practically unrelated was posted.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 03:01 PM

You are the one that said yours were heaps better. You were practically asking for it.

But disregarding that, subtitles, like anything else that requires thinking is a matter of practice, had you grown up with it you wouldn't even notice them by now ('cept when they get it wrong), besides, it's more or less proven that natives in nations that use subtitles instead of dubbing have an easier time learning new languages.

No one ever accused hollywood of making an effort to expand peoples' minds though.

Everyone but small kids prefer subtitles, here.

'cos it doesn't fuck the movie up.
You see that's the problem with folks like yourself. If I say American cinema is better it's an opinion (although pretty accurate by how many outside the US watch it and swear by it). If it wasn't that good then many folks should fucking stop watching it. :dry:

Subtitles don't require much thinking. It's reading ffs. I simply pointed out that when your eye is focusing on the bottom of the screen (even if it's not that long), it takes the eye away from the on-screen action. Now in dramas it is not as bad as in a horror or action movie.

I agree with the edumacation part but it's rather simple logic that one's would prefer a movie made in a language they understand (not necessarily dubbed) than one that's written. If you are trying to learn another language (or are deaf) maybe subtitles are great but most people hit the movies to enjoy the entire cinematic experience.

99%
05-24-2005, 03:02 PM
in relation to Mankers last pot(+quote) the usa needs europe for grammar & spelling?

it is a sad day

Busyman
05-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Fuck you.

That's a bit abusive
Oh he must have been asking for it.

Anyone notice that Americans don't really come on here insulting other's nationalities? :dry:

JPaul
05-24-2005, 03:06 PM
That's a bit abusive

That's OK well.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 03:06 PM

Read a book ffs.

Plenty of people do when faced with the options.

1. Subtitles.

2. Dubbing.

3. Poorly made remake.

4. Learn the language of the film.

If a film is good then the fact that it is subtitled has no bearing on my enjoyment of it, to me subtitles is the best way of presenting a good film to a foreign audience. Seems to be you're a little closed minded.

On-topic: Open-mindedness.
I didn't see this post before but I agree. I liked Open Your Eyes better yet if it was subtitled but was made, not dubbed, in English, I'd have liked it better.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Doesn't matter.

How so?

I can read just fine. I would have prefered not to read a movie. It turns out I had no choice and still liked it.

fWt aer yuo no abtou? :blink: Lysdexia?

manker
05-24-2005, 03:09 PM

That's OK well.You got your RealitY check, then.

99%
05-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Is it me or where you (busyman) not posting on this site until the word usa popped up.

The world has
animals
nature
oxygen
photosynthesis
marshmellows (indeed american)
social space
hobos
malakas
women

and so much more

but

why does it feel that the world is smaller than the usa?

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 03:13 PM

A superpower to take the mickey out of.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 03:14 PM
Is it me or where you (busyman) not posting on this site until the word usa popped up.

The world has
animals
nature
oxygen
photosynthesis
marshmellows (indeed american)
social space
hobos
malakas
women

and so much more

but

why does it feel that the world is smaller than the usa?
I don't get that feeling at all.

I post in threads that interest me. Interesting threads are hard to come by these days and I don't post in the "chitchat" threads that much. You seem to make some thought provoking threads sometimes versus idle chatter.

Does that answer your question?

Mr JP Fugley
05-24-2005, 03:19 PM
That's OK well.You got your RealitY check, then.
No, it proofed too bee unpossible.

Snee
05-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Oh, here we go again.

You see that's the problem with folks like yourself. If I say American cinema is better it's an opinion (although pretty accurate by how many outside the US watch it and swear by it). If it wasn't that good then many folks should fucking stop watching it. :dry:
It's all right, as superficial entertainment goes, which is what most of it is.
Nobody said it was bad, per se, but it isn't excellent either, on average. And really, compared to the rest of the world hollywood churns out a massive amount of movies. The market is full of them, so of course a lot of people watch them. That doesn't mean that american movies are better, it just means that people watch a lot of them as light entertainment in between excellent releases, from wherever.

As far as I'm concerned, the best two movies I ever saw were french, followed by a japanese one. I'm not really keen on movies from my own country, truth be told, which is why it's excellent to not be limited by language.

At least one american movie would rate among my top ten, but since there are lots and lots of them, that's hardly surprising.

Subtitles don't require much thinking. It's reading ffs. I simply pointed out that when your eye is focusing on the bottom of the screen (even if it's not that long), it takes the eye away from the on-screen action. Now in dramas it is not as bad as in a horror or action movie.

Like I said, you wouldn't notice them, and that's 'cos your focus wouldn't be on them. If you've been around them long enough you can get anything you might need from them just by having them in the periphery. But there's been extensive research done on subtitling, and different countries have different conventions for implementing them.

British, and american subtitling, follows another type of system than ours, where all information that can possibly be crammed into a frame gets put there, which means that the amount of text you have to read is a lot more than the one someone in my country has to absorb.

Our translators favour a less literal approach where the a semantic core is transfered, but not every single word, and they have specific rules about the number of letters allowed on the screen, and how long it has to be displayed.

It's a system that's been through a lot of polishing before it became as good as it is today.

It doesn't take the eye away from anything.

I agree with the edumacation part but it's rather simple logic that one's would prefer a movie made in a language they understand (not necessarily dubbed) than one that's written. If you are trying to learn another language (or are deaf) maybe subtitles are great but most people hit the movies to enjoy the entire cinematic experience.
The thing is, that since many of us don't really notice the subtitles anymore, we sort of get the information for free without losing out on the experience.

Of course, a majority of us understand english quite well, which means that even the most backward of us only need the subtitles if the language gets tricky. (this only applies to english language movies, obviously)

Like I said though, it would be a hell of a lot easier for you to watch movies with subtitles if you had grown up with them.

99%
05-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Does that answer your question?

Gracias og ja comprendo, je suis satisfait
geen dank nodig

uNz[i]
05-24-2005, 03:34 PM
That's a bit abusive

Anyone notice that Americans don't really come on here insulting other's nationalities? :dry:
Oh yeah... how could I forget. Objectivity.

:naughty:

Snee
05-24-2005, 03:34 PM
No, but that's only 'cos they do it.

Or have you missed all those comments about the french, for instance?

99%
05-24-2005, 03:48 PM

Regard it as a compliment
&
dont worry, it is garantued that one of the other nations will fćk up soon enough
(instructions : turn on news channel)
but where is our hero(ess) who can make it all.........nice & cozy?

President of USA?

Lasker
Today, 01:13 AM

this is my question guys, why people and also the government of the United States called America his country if America in reality is a entire continent of many nations, is like compare people from Spain calling his country Europe??? this does not mean sense to me, what is your opinion about it?

vidcc
05-24-2005, 03:57 PM

You threatening to send in snatch squads ?

http://www.nigelhumour.co.uk/hos.jpg

Mind you after Disney charging us nearly $4 for a hot dog we won't pay the ransom

Snee
05-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Lasker
Today, 01:13 AM

this is my question guys, why people and also the government of the United States called America his country if America in reality is a entire continent of many nations, is like compare people from Spain calling his country Europe??? this does not mean sense to me, what is your opinion about it?
err, what?

manker
05-24-2005, 04:05 PM
I suppose it's a more like calling England, Great Britain. Rather than calling Spain, Europe.

Saying 'America' is easier than it's full title, I guess.

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 04:07 PM

Mind you after Disney charging us nearly $4 for a hot dog we won't pay the ransom

Disney aren't my girlfriend's favourite people right now. Click my sig to read her article about it.

vidcc
05-24-2005, 04:09 PM

Disney aren't my girlfriend's favourite people right now. Click my sig to read her article about it.I looked before..... sharks are bastards and deserve to be eaten :naughty:

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 04:10 PM

Disney aren't my girlfriend's favourite people right now. Click my sig to read her article about it.I looked before..... sharks are bastards and deserve to be eaten :naughty:

Serves them right for being so tasty.

/hopes she never sees this.

manker
05-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Meh, I'd been meaning to click that McChris thing that used to be in your sig, but didn't.

I'll wait awhile to find out about eating sharks :dry:

vidcc
05-24-2005, 04:21 PM
I would like to know just how they found out that shark liver oil is a good ingredient for hemorrhoid creams :unsure:

Busyman
05-24-2005, 05:20 PM

Where? :dry:

Busyman
05-24-2005, 05:22 PM
']

Exactly....get some before saying we have no dignity or integrity. :dry:

JPaul
05-24-2005, 05:37 PM
I suppose it's a more like calling England, Great Britain. Rather than calling Spain, Europe.

Saying 'America' is easier than it's full title, I guess.
Give it your best shot, nob.

Not even close :D

1 de-merit for manrod.

DanB
05-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Disney aren't my girlfriend's favourite people right now. Click my sig to read her article about it.

Disney Shark Soup Shocker

A quality Sun-esque headline :01:

Busyman, I take the piss out of manker for being Welsh

JPaul
05-24-2005, 06:00 PM

Manker calls me Jocko McBannockburn, which I have larfed at oft times.

I studiously abuse all things English, remembering that Welsh Wales is really just an annexe of same.

vidcc
05-24-2005, 06:01 PM

http://www.nigelhumour.co.uk/liz.jpg

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 06:02 PM

http://www.nigelhumour.co.uk/liz.jpg

What Welsh people does manker own?

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 06:03 PM

Try saying it really fast... :lol:

vidcc
05-24-2005, 06:08 PM
What Welsh people does manker own?

:lol: manker "is" welsh ??

JPaul
05-24-2005, 06:09 PM
mankerish = Welsh

New word invented.

manker
05-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Feck's sake, how could I have missed this menagerie of manker mauling.

It'll take too long to refute it so instead I'll just strongly deny it.

YOU'RE NOT RIGHT, 'k.

JPaul
05-24-2005, 06:35 PM
Ah, an alliterate arse. Absolutely awesome.

AussieSheila
05-24-2005, 07:01 PM
']

don't they reproduce? or is it the good life which makes em less ambitious for higher grounds.
cummon auzzies? whats up? i thought you guys liked competition

There is no competition. We win. :shifty:

uNz[i]
05-24-2005, 07:52 PM
']

Exactly....get some before saying we have no dignity or integrity. :dry:Can you see the metaphor here? :lol:

I said something you didn't agree with. Instead of discussing it in a civil manner and being tolerant, you came straight out, six guns a blazin'. I replied using a rational tone, so you spun my words in an attempt to discredit me.

My previous points remain valid.

manker
05-24-2005, 07:56 PM
]you came straight out, six guns a blazin'Whoa, if you let him unload the clips fully, he'll only have the pile of shuriken, baseball bats and other martial art paraphenalia to fight with.

I'm pretty sure he only has six guns, one in each corner of the home if I'm not mistaken, but be careful.

DanB
05-24-2005, 07:57 PM

uNz[i]
05-24-2005, 08:19 PM
']

cummon auzzies? whats up? i thought you guys liked competition Sorry mate... almost missed this one. It's not a matter of competition, it's sustainability.
We have a stonking great desert covering most of the continent, and a few inland salt lakes, whereas the USA has more arable land and potable water.
The Aussie population is around 20 million, and the water's almost all gone as it is.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 08:26 PM
']

Exactly....get some before saying we have no dignity or integrity. :dry:Can you see the metaphor here? :lol:

I said something you didn't agree with. Instead of discussing it in a civil manner and being tolerant, you came straight out, six guns a blazin'. I replied using a rational tone, so you spun my words in an attempt to discredit me.

Ahhh you must not get it then. I have no desire to explain to people like you such things nor change your mind. There is no prim and propa way to discuss an insult.

You remind me of folks that don't like black people. People like that can go fuck themselves. Dignity, integrity, and objectivity have nothing to do with you being a duck sick (for teh lysdexic). :dry:

Busyman
05-24-2005, 08:31 PM
I don't get what's wrong with being Welsh. :(

DanB
05-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Well, not as much as being American I grant you but its bad enough :P

manker
05-24-2005, 08:36 PM
']Can you see the metaphor here? :lol:

Ahhh you must not get it then. I have no desire to explain to people like you such things nor change your mind. There is no prim and propa way to discuss an insult.

You remind me of folks that don't like black people. People like that can go fuck themselves. Dignity, integrity, and objectivity have nothing to do with you being a duck sick (for teh lysdexic). :dry:Wtf are you on about. uNz[i] might be fairly patriotic but that's no different from a lot of us. Me, for instance. There is absolutely no reason to flame him and liken him to a racist, of all things.

He doesn't come across that way at all, to most normal thinking people. If you're pissed because he's said a few bad things about America then grow the fuck up. People talk shit like that all the time - you of all people should realise this.

You called me a shit turd hick last week and I didn't go all teary on you. Get over it - some bloke doesn't really like the American Way. There is nothing to say he has to.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 08:40 PM

You remind me of folks that don't like black people. People like that can go fuck themselves. Dignity, integrity, and objectivity have nothing to do with you being a duck sick (for teh lysdexic). :dry:Wtf are you on about. uNz[i] might be fairly patriotic but that's no different from a lot of us. Me, for instance. There is absolutely no reason to flame him and liken him to a racist, of all things.

He doesn't come across that way at all, to most normal thinking people. If you're pissed because he's said a few bad things about America then grow the fuck up. People talk shit like that all the time - you of all people should realise this.

You called me a shit turd hick last week and I didn't go all teary on you. Get over it - some bloke doesn't really like the American Way. There is nothing to say he has to.
Nothing to say I have to like him either so I expressed it. :huh:

When I called you a polished turd it was in response to your shit and was very accurate. :)

manker
05-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Wtf are you on about. uNz[i] might be fairly patriotic but that's no different from a lot of us. Me, for instance. There is absolutely no reason to flame him and liken him to a racist, of all things.

When I called you a polished turd it was in response to your shit and was very accurate. :)I couldn't give a fuck what you call me. Likening someone to a racist on the stregnth of a feeling of dislike is pathetic and should be viewed by all as such.

Snee
05-24-2005, 08:48 PM

Oh come on.

Even J2 has done it. (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=92944&highlight=french)

It's all over the place, not long ago skizo posted an email written by some idiot on the same topic, as well.

I can't believe you've missed it, off and on some people insult the french on here, seemed downright fashionable to do so for a while.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 10:43 PM

When I called you a polished turd it was in response to your shit and was very accurate. :)I couldn't give a fuck what you call me. Likening someone to a racist on the stregnth of a feeling of dislike is pathetic and should be viewed by all as such.
Cool view it that way. It has to do with blanket assessments not racism. :dry: (remove black people, insert American here)

My original assessment stands.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Oh come on.

Even J2 has done it. (http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=92944&highlight=french)

It's all over the place, not long ago skizo posted an email written by some idiot on the same topic, as well.

I can't believe you've missed it, off and on some people insult the french on here, seemed downright fashionable to do so for a while.
America gets insulted constantly....

What's "even j2" supposed to mean? He does it so it's okay?

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 10:56 PM
I couldn't give a fuck what you call me. Likening someone to a racist on the stregnth of a feeling of dislike is pathetic and should be viewed by all as such.
Cool view it that way. It has to do with blanket assessments not racism. :dry: (remove black people, insert American here)

You do it as well though. I've lost count of the times you've used homosexuality as a derogatory insult to someone.

Busyman
05-24-2005, 10:57 PM

You do it as well though. I've lost count of the times you've used homosexuality as a derogatory insult to someone.
Always in response to y'all's shit. :dry:

It's amazing when folks dish it and can't take it.

Telling someone to go suck a dick is just an insult like suck an egg. I'm not thinking "let's use homosexuality as insult." :ermm:

If I say lick a cat's butt...what then....uh would you do it?

99%
05-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Those crazy brits..., In iraq http://www.big-boys.com/articles/armyrillo.html

manker
05-24-2005, 11:09 PM

Telling someone to go suck a dick is just an insult like suck an egg. I'm not thinking "let's use homosexuality as insult." :ermm:

If I say lick a cat's butt...what then....uh would you do it?Actually it's more a sign of repressed feelings.

If the first thing that comes to mind while in a conversation about gun law is to tell someone to suck a dick.

You're probably thinking about sucking a dick.

Notice how you are particularly unique in this. No-one else tells people to suck a dick, or stop licking my nutsack yet you frequently refer to homosexual acts.

:)

MCHeshPants420
05-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Not sure these links will work for long:

http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=119102

http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=119120

manker
05-24-2005, 11:20 PM

peat moss
05-25-2005, 03:14 AM
I think The US is a lot like Canada , in that we don't have a lot of history, were both very young . The mistake ? the States made is they have whats called a melting pot for all the immigrants . In Canada we celebrate ones culture a bit more mabye ? Just my opinion tho. :)

Busyman
05-25-2005, 03:15 AM

If I say lick a cat's butt...what then....uh would you do it?Actually it's more a sign of repressed feelings.

If the first thing that comes to mind while in a conversation about gun law is to tell someone to suck a dick.

You're probably thinking about sucking a dick.

Notice how you are particularly unique in this. No-one else tells people to suck a dick, or stop licking my nutsack yet you frequently refer to homosexual acts.

:)
...and I couldn't give 2 shits about your dumbass psychiatry. If I tell you to jump off a cliff it doesn't mean I want to do it. Use logic or STFU!!! :lol: :lol:

Snee
05-25-2005, 03:43 AM
Oh come on.

So does frikkin france, and I guess insulting france is about as OK as insulting the US.

There ain't a nation in the world that doesn't take abuse from somewhere, it's fairly common for people in neighboring countries to make fun of each other, or hold resentment towards each other, for instance.

Sweden/Norway, England/Scotland, France/Germany, USA/Canada.

And since the US takes a big chunk of the market for just about anything, and we all come into contact with it, it has become as familiar, if not more familiar to many than their neighboring countries, so it's natural, I think, for these kinds of sentiments to surface.

Seems to be how the human psyche works.

It probably doesn't help that a lot of public figures from the US are almost aggressively annoying, while they are very visible to us all, either.

Someone mentioned Britney Spears for instance.

The american resentment towards France in particular is a bit stranger, IMO. But I'm guessing a lot of it has sprung from the french critique of the war in Iraq.

Busyman
05-25-2005, 04:16 AM

So does frikkin france, and I guess insulting france is about as OK as insulting the US.

There ain't a nation in the world that doesn't take abuse from somewhere, it's fairly common for people in neighboring countries to make fun of each other, or hold resentment towards each other, for instance.

And since the US takes a big chunk of the market for just about anything, and we all come into contact with it, it has become as familiar, if not more familiar to many than their neighboring countries, so it's natural, I think, for these kinds of sentiments to surface.

It probably doesn't help that a lot of public figures from the US are almost aggressively annoying, while they are very visible to us all, either.

The american resentment towards France in particular is a bit stranger, IMO. But I'm guessing a lot of it has sprung from the french critique of the war in Iraq.
Tbh I barely hear about France. I mean searched for a small French reference when I'm talking a whole

You must remember, I am not a Bush supporter.

I think France was on the money regarding Iraq. However France has received the butt of those jokes for being considered rolling over in WWII.

Changing French Fries to Patriot Fries was just fucking stupid and around the DC area...I never saw it. It was something heard about on the news.

The thing is it's a free country.. people can generalize Americans all they want....oozi drip can say we have no integrity, objectivity, and dignity....and I can him a bitch for it and liken him to a racist or even a terrorist who thinks we all should die...yes I lump it altogether...it's fucking generalizing.

Claiming the moral high ground on an insult is bull:shit:

I wish I could talk that way. The thing is I don't harbor anything against any certain group to say it. Maybe I'm too happy with my life (even though I always want more) and it seems many folk on here are not and have feelings of jealousy, inadequacy, and/or inferiority and for that all I have to say is

Come To America!!! :D

uNz[i]
05-25-2005, 06:52 AM
I've personally met quite a few Americans, Busyman. My parents travel to the US regularly to visit friends, and some of those friends have come down here to visit us. There's some Americans enroled at my college too. On the whole, I think they're very nice people, stuck with an ethically challenged goverment. But hey... what country isn't, right?

But when it comes to US foriegn policy, the war for oil in Iraq and the rest of the US propaganda I see on the nightly news, I'm just calling it as I see it. I see no dignity or integrity, and there's certainly no objectivity as a nation.

Laura Bush was on the tube the other night wittering on about her worries regarding the world's view of America's image. She should be very worried indeed. We mostly see corporate greed, trailer trash TV, vapid "reality" shows, big guns and spindoctoring. If you don't like what I'm saying, then blame your own media for misrepresenting your great country.

Calling me a racist simply because you don't like my opinion is similar to Bill Maher being branded a traitor by Spencer Bachus. The very idea is patently absurd.

MCHeshPants420
05-25-2005, 07:06 AM

You use this smilie :sick: when referring to posts that make references to homosexuality a lot as well, again inferring there is something wrong with it. You're probably the worst culprit on this board for homophobic remarks other than the 13 year olds like Linkin Park. Face it, you have prejudices.

...and I couldn't give 2 shits about your dumbass psychiatry. If I tell you to jump off a cliff it doesn't mean I want to do it.

Suicide is not the answer to your problems. :(

The thing is I don't harbor anything against any certain group to say it.

That's simply not true.

manker
05-25-2005, 09:20 AM
I don't think he can help it. Busy is so disgusted with his own homosexual feelings that it manifests itself as derogatory homophobic remarks on message boards. Over-compensating, as it were.

99%
05-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Inrelation to prior posts

http://img99.echo.cx/img99/8418/sem250yg.jpg

Snee
05-25-2005, 11:18 AM
I think France was on the money regarding Iraq. However France has received the butt of those jokes for being considered rolling over in WWII.

That's strange then, 'cos they didn't really "roll over", they were caught off guard by German Blitzkrieg-tactics and had to choose between surrendering or suffering massive losses of life, and a fairly certain defeat anyway.

Germany took everyone by surprise, Poland is a good example, they still had horse cavalry where Germany had tanks. And it didn't take them much time, relatively speaking, to surrender either, yet France is the country that's stuck with that image. Nah, I reckon those kinds of jokes got revived because they stood up against the US.

If you wanna' talk about a country rolling over, you should look elsewhere. Some countries took the nazis in with open arms.

Busyman
05-25-2005, 01:17 PM
']I've personally met quite a few Americans, Busyman. My parents travel to the US regularly to visit friends, and some of those friends have come down here to visit us. There's some Americans enroled at my college too. On the whole, I think they're very nice people, stuck with an ethically challenged goverment. But hey... what country isn't, right?
Exactly. I don't think one way about any country. I happen know everyone is different in some way. America ain't a hive mind by any stretch.

But when it comes to US foriegn policy, the war for oil in Iraq and the rest of the US propaganda I see on the nightly news, I'm just calling it as I see it. I see no dignity or integrity, and there's certainly no objectivity as a nation.
You make no fucking sense. First you inch in US foreign policy where actually have a point....then you bring in US propaganda...what fucking propaganda...FOX News? :blink: Then you say no objectivity, dignity, integrity as a nation....where you have blanketed every individual here...which is where I tell you again FUCK YOU!!!

Laura Bush was on the tube the other night wittering on about her worries regarding the world's view of America's image. She should be very worried indeed. We mostly see corporate greed, trailer trash TV, vapid "reality" shows, big guns and spindoctoring. If you don't like what I'm saying, then blame your own media for misrepresenting your great country.
Corporate greed..your country has it too. You probably hark on our headliners, Enron and Worldcon. You are in no moral high ground. Trailer trash TV? You pick some bad shows to prove your point? Use logic, STFU, and watch Lost. :dry: vapid reality shows? Again it's a type of TV show..how that spurs this "no dignity, objectivity, and integrity is anyone's guess. Sounds like more bull :shit:. Big guns? Well there's a war goin' on. Your country has got 'em too. Spindoctoring? It's everyone's reality. Our media is one of the most independent in the world. Half of America didn't vote for Bush btw.

Calling me a racist simply because you don't like my opinion is similar to Bill Maher being branded a traitor by Spencer Bachus. The very idea is patently absurd.
First off you weren't called a racist. You were likened to groups that blanket other groups based certain events and happenings.
Some black people rob a liquor store and kill the store owner..next week you hear on the news a little black boy body slams and 8 year-old and killed her...next week...Oh black people must be criminals with no moral backbone......Americans soldiers killed a Muslim car bomber and accidentely killed a little boy in the process.....Bush was voted in office and he decided to go to war with Iraq and Iraqis are being killed....Oh Americans need to be killed.

Shit thinking like that with this American have no dignity shit likens you to the same idiots. You are a non-thinker that only looks at the pretty colors on TV...a brainwashed fool.

Busyman
05-25-2005, 01:29 PM

That's what's weird. You hear from a public figure, a rebuke of France, on the news. Over here, a great many of us don't give a shit...I sure don't.

I know how to separate public figures from individual citizens. I think when can't do this something similar many times arises which is why I mentioned terrorism and racism.

Just because my nation may take abuse doesn't mean I have to take being insulted 'cause someone hates my TV shows (while they sit there watching it) or thinks our soldiers shouldn't be in Iraq.

I don't think they should be there either.

Busyman
05-25-2005, 01:42 PM

You use this smilie :sick: when referring to posts that make references to homosexuality a lot as well, again inferring there is something wrong with it. You're probably the worst culprit on this board for homophobic remarks other than the 13 year olds like Linkin Park. Face it, you have prejudices.

...and I couldn't give 2 shits about your dumbass psychiatry. If I tell you to jump off a cliff it doesn't mean I want to do it.

Suicide is not the answer to your problems. :(

The thing is I don't harbor anything against any certain group to say it.

That's simply not true.
If I tell you to suck a dick, it has nothing to do with homophobia.
Furthermore, using the :sick: smiley means I think it's disgusting and there's nothing wrong with that. 2 really old fat people having sex is disgusting too.

As far as prejudices go, I think it's disgusting seeing 2 men kiss. Being disgusted by that is natural. However, I don't treat a homosexual differently than anyone else. To give an example, the two fellas arrested for sodomy for buttfucking in their own home was buttshit, I mean bullshit. What they did in their bed in their own home was their business.

Snee
05-25-2005, 01:51 PM
That's what's weird. You hear from a public figure, a rebuke of France, on the news. Over here, a great many of us don't give a shit...I sure don't.
A lot of others care though, just look at the letter skizo posted, for example.

I know how to separate public figures from individual citizens. I think when can't do this something similar many times arises which is why I mentioned terrorism and racism.
Most of us do, but when it comes to television and movies it's kind of full of them, which is why people might be saying american entertainment sucks.

I'm mostly cool with american entertainment, the only part I had a problem with was you saying it was leaps and whatever better. 'cos it really isn't, it's pretty average, there's just more of it to watch.

MCHeshPants420
05-25-2005, 02:16 PM
If I tell you to suck a dick, it has nothing to do with homophobia.
Furthermore, using the :sick: smiley means I think it's disgusting and there's nothing wrong with that. 2 really old fat people having sex is disgusting too.

It's a shame you can't recognize your own pejudices whilst lecturing people about theirs. Though perhaps you'll think a bit about your appalling homophobia in future if you're asking people to do the same with their anti-American statements. Otherwise you're just a hypocrite.

To give an example, the two fellas arrested for sodomy for buttfucking in

Tautological. :dry:

Busyman
05-25-2005, 02:19 PM

Most of us do, but when it comes to television and movies it's kind of full of them, which is why people might be saying american entertainment sucks.

I'm mostly cool with american entertainment, the only part I had a problem with was you saying it was leaps and whatever better. 'cos it really isn't, it's pretty average, there's just more of it to watch.
I don't understand why there was problem with it. It was an opinion. Anyone can point out some shit movies or TV shows from any country. I happen to think we have more good shows and movies to watch.....from comedies, dramas, sci-fi, action, war.....I don't think there is a comparison really...not by a longshot.

Many of the folks that say American entertainment sucks probably are saying it while engrossed in the latest episode of Lost (which I will be watching tonight, 2-hour season finale :D ).

Busyman
05-25-2005, 02:36 PM
It's a shame you can't recognize your own pejudices whilst lecturing people about theirs. Though perhaps you'll think a bit about your appalling homophobia in future if you're asking people to do the same with their anti-American statements. Otherwise you're just a hypocrite.

To give an example, the two fellas arrested for sodomy for buttfucking in

Tautological. :dry:
If I was homophobic then I would have agreed with the arrest. Ya think?

I'm supposed to recognize something 'cause you said it exists. Bullshit.

Thinking homosexual acts are disgusting is not homophobic. I don't worry about homosexuals being around me, hell there was a gay fella in my crew before he took a buy out and went to San Francisco. He was pretty cool and no one treated him differently even when he himself made jokes about it.

I remember one time.... we as employees got a severe discount for admission to Hershey Park.
The gay fella said, "Why would I go to a amusement park with a bunch of people I don't know?"

A black guy in the crew said, "Well when you go to clubs, don't you dance with people you don't know?"

The gay fella said, "No...I just take them home with me."
(he was openly gay btw and this was at a crew meeting)
He had us rofl. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was cool. :lol:

Regarding your homophobia you make no sense....remarking that you like to suck dicks is only bad if think there is something wrong with it. Right? :huh:

99%
05-25-2005, 02:45 PM
-
@Busyman maybe the Brits are taking things too seriously ? :P

Britain suffers sense of humour failure
due to worries of modern life
Tue May 24, 5:41 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Britain is suffering a sense of humour failure, with laughter levels three times lower now than 50 years ago and nearly half of all adults unable to enjoy at least one big guffaw a day, research showed.

Money worries, relationship woes and even political concerns were among the reasons given for the collection of grim faces, according to the data, collected for the cruise company Ocean Village.

"Laughter is an essential ingredient of a healthy, happy life and is one of the most effective and immediate antidotes to stress and tension -- it really is the best medicine," said Amanda Bate from Ocean Village.

"The findings of this study show a worrying trend towards glumness. In the 1950s we laughed for an average of 18 minutes daily but this has dropped to just six minutes per day," she said.

Morning misery is rife, with almost half of Britons -- some 45 percent -- admitting they frequently wallowed in gloom until lunchtime.

Around 16 million adults, totalling 40 percent, said they failed to muster even one proper belly laugh in an average day.

It is not all sulking and moodiness, however, as the research found that single women aged 18 to 24 in the northern city of Manchester were the happiest people in the country.

In addition, Bristol, in western England, was named the most cheerful place for couples aged 25 to 34.

Factors such as weather, time of day and age, were all cited as being able to spark the blues.

July and August were the happiest months of the year according to three out of four people quizzed, with January the most miserable.

The study was carried out by ICM Research on behalf of Ocean Village who interviewed a random selection of 1,000 adults aged 18 or over.

MCHeshPants420
05-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Many of the folks that say American entertainment sucks probably are saying it while engrossed in the latest episode of Lost (which I will be watching tonight, 2-hour season finale :D ).

Well, I do enjoy American film and TV shows (I haven't said different), though I think the British are on par or better when it comes to TV. Though the differences make it hard to compare. ER versus Casualty? :lol: The two nations comedies are worlds apart as well.

Film-wise I think America comes out on top but not by leaps and bounds, I do think world cinema needs to be embraced more by Hollywood execs rather than just remaking (and in most cases spoiling) a good idea from abroad. Kung-Fu Hustle did really well recently on release there (America) as a subtitled movie, that's a step in the right direction after the shocking butcher job they did with Shaolin Soccer.

Anyhow before I rehash the old argument about remakes, I will be watching Lost slightly later as it hasn't been picked up in Britain yet. :blink: I have to say that the number of American shows that I have to watch has gone up, they do sci-fi (Lost vaguely fits into this genre) very well.

MCHeshPants420
05-25-2005, 02:51 PM
-

LONDON (AFP) - Britain is suffering a sense of humour failure, with laughter levels three times lower now than 50 years ago and nearly half of all adults unable to enjoy at least one big guffaw a day, research showed.

Money worries, relationship woes and even political concerns were among the reasons given for the collection of grim faces, according to the data, collected for the cruise company Ocean Village.

"Laughter is an essential ingredient of a healthy, happy life and is one of the most effective and immediate antidotes to stress and tension -- it really is the best medicine," said Amanda Bate from Ocean Village.

"The findings of this study show a worrying trend towards glumness. In the 1950s we laughed for an average of 18 minutes daily but this has dropped to just six minutes per day," she said.

Morning misery is rife, with almost half of Britons -- some 45 percent -- admitting they frequently wallowed in gloom until lunchtime.

Around 16 million adults, totalling 40 percent, said they failed to muster even one proper belly laugh in an average day.

It is not all sulking and moodiness, however, as the research found that single women aged 18 to 24 in the northern city of Manchester were the happiest people in the country.

In addition, Bristol, in western England, was named the most cheerful place for couples aged 25 to 34.

Factors such as weather, time of day and age, were all cited as being able to spark the blues.

July and August were the happiest months of the year according to three out of four people quizzed, with January the most miserable.

The study was carried out by ICM Research on behalf of Ocean Village who interviewed a random selection of 1,000 adults aged 18 or over.

What the fuck have couples in Bristol got to be so cheerful about? It's fecking Bristol. :dry:

Busyman
05-25-2005, 03:01 PM
-

Well here's some appalling American humor to be appalled about....it's appalling :sick:

Hahaha (http://www.thebeatmiami.com/pages/slapdownVid10.html)

Notice afterwards that one fella gets a standing 8 count ffs. :lol: :lol:

Busyman
05-25-2005, 03:10 PM

Well, I do enjoy American film and TV shows (I haven't said different), though I think the British are on par or better when it comes to TV. Though the differences make it hard to compare. ER versus Casualty? :lol: The two nations comedies are worlds apart as well.

Film-wise I think America comes out on top but not by leaps and bounds, I do think world cinema needs to be embraced more by Hollywood execs rather than just remaking (and in most cases spoiling) a good idea from abroad. Kung-Fu Hustle did really well recently on release there (America) as a subtitled movie, that's a step in the right direction after the shocking butcher job they did with Shaolin Soccer.

Anyhow before I rehash the old argument about remakes, I will be watching Lost slightly later as it hasn't been picked up in Britain yet. :blink: I have to say that the number of American shows that I have to watch has gone up, they do sci-fi (Lost vaguely fits into this genre) very well.
I think it's leaps and bounds better.

The Godfather
Scarface
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
The Terminator
The Matrix :lol: :lol:
The Color Purple

I could go on easily....

but....everyone has their opinion. :rolleyes:

DanB
05-25-2005, 04:24 PM
What the fuck have couples in Bristol got to be so cheerful about? It's fecking Bristol. :dry:

Suicide capital of England is it not?

MCHeshPants420
05-25-2005, 04:32 PM

Suicide capital of England is it not?

Yeah, but that's the single people. I guess it's no fun being single with loads of happy couples frolicking round. :hateshappycouples:

GepperRankins
05-25-2005, 04:34 PM

I think it's leaps and bounds better.

The Godfather
Scarface
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
The Terminator
The Matrix :lol: :lol:
The Color Purple

I could go on easily....

but....everyone has their opinion. :rolleyes:
indiana jones is the only one there, that's not a overhyped boretrain :snooty:
not to say it isn't overhyped :unsure:

i was just thinking; the reason american films suck so much is they always have some kind of sexual tension/love story making a good 20% of the scenes boring as hell. anyone seen 51st state? :smilie4:

Snee
05-25-2005, 05:04 PM

I don't understand why there was problem with it. It was an opinion. Anyone can point out some shit movies or TV shows from any country. I happen to think we have more good shows and movies to watch.....from comedies, dramas, sci-fi, action, war.....I don't think there is a comparison really...not by a longshot.

And I happened to have another opinion. One that comes from having watched a lot of stuff from all over the world to boot.

I didn't even need to call anyone any names to get my opinion across, either, huzzah.

DanB
05-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Yeah I seen it

Busyman
05-25-2005, 05:37 PM

And I happened to have another opinion. One that comes from having watched a lot of stuff from all over the world to boot.

I didn't even need to call anyone any names to get my opinion across, either, huzzah.
Neither I so the point of that statement was what? :huh:

I'd like to hear your top 10 films. :rolleyes:

Chewie
05-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Spelling ;)

Gripper
05-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Slavery

uNz[i]
05-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Well, I see you've done a great job of vivisection on my last post Busy. Nice crucifiction job to end with too. So, in reply...

I've personally met quite a few Americans, Busyman. My parents travel to the US regularly to visit friends, and some of those friends have come down here to visit us. There's some Americans enroled at my college too. On the whole, I think they're very nice people, stuck with an ethically challenged goverment. But hey... what country isn't, right?
Exactly. I don't think one way about any country. I happen know everyone is different in some way. America ain't a hive mind by any stretch.So on that point, we agree. There's a first.

You make no fucking sense. First you inch in US foreign policy where actually have a point....then you bring in US propaganda...what fucking propaganda...FOX News? :blink: Then you say no objectivity, dignity, integrity as a nation....where you have blanketed every individual here...which is where I tell you again FUCK YOU!!!
FOX news does contribute, yes, but US propaganda pops up all over the Aussie media. Of course you couldn't know that, not having access to the Free to air and subscription TV stations, newspapers and radio in Australia.

When I say America as a nation, I'm talking about America's national representatives. You know those guys on Capitol Hill? The guys who make all the decisions and press releases and handle world affairs? I've been talking about them all along - not the general population. That was your own kneejerk perception telling you I was tarring everyone with the same brush... and damn, you sure got wound up about it... did you fall over when you stopped?

Corporate greed..your country has it too. You probably hark on our headliners, Enron and Worldcon.
I know we do. I never said Australia didn't have it's fair share of corporate bastards. Rio Tinto, Newscorp, Santos - unconscionable arseholes, all of 'em.
For the US, no, I wasn't harking back to Enron and Worldcom. There's General Electric, Pfizer, Monsanto, DuPont and all the tobacco companies though.

You are in no moral high ground.Why is it every time an outspoken American hears something they don't like, they immediately dispute their perceived opponent's morality? Such a tired gambit.

Trailer trash TV? You pick some bad shows to prove your point? Use logic, STFU, and watch Lost. :dry: vapid reality shows? Again it's a type of TV show..how that spurs this "no dignity, objectivity, and integrity is anyone's guess. Sounds like more bull :shit:.What's dignified about any of the programs I mentioned? Where's the integrity in showing some idiot making a fool of himself? Where's the objectivity and the integrity in a spin doctored "news" report? On top of that, untold generations of crap sitcoms, gameshows and infomercials that just insult the intelligence of the viewer. A couple of series of Lost does not make it all better.

Oh, and please give the "use logic or STFU" catchphrase a rest will you? It sounds like a bad commercial touting a dodgy constipation cure.

Big guns? Well there's a war goin' on.Catchy phrase. Kinda trips off the tongue doesn't it? What happened back when there wasn't a war "goin' on"? Oh yeah... Presidents spreading fear and loathing against communism and building nukes instead. Enough to kill everything on the planet 32 times over, last time I heard. When that was over, it was secret arms deals with third world dictators and South American coke barons.

Your country has got 'em too.The armed forces, yes. Not the general public though. Automatic and semi-automatic weapons are banned here. There was a national gun buy-back by the government, who destroyed them all after Martin Bryant's killing spree in Port Arthur, Tasmania back in 1996. Only guns left are bolt action rifles for the farmers, and handguns for the Police and gun clubs exclusively. You wouldn't believe what prospective members have to go through to join those clubs...

Spindoctoring? It's everyone's reality. Our media is one of the most independent in the world. Half of America didn't vote for Bush btw.Spindoctoring is reality?? Your reality perhaps - not mine. It's factual obfuscation at the least. Outright lies at the worst. There's no integrity to be gained from deceiving people.

First off you weren't called a racist. You were likened to groups that blanket other groups based certain events and happenings.Whatever the context, it's still one helluva stretch.

Some black people rob a liquor store and kill the store owner..next week you hear on the news a little black boy body slams and 8 year-old and killed her...next week...Oh black people must be criminals with no moral backbone......Americans soldiers killed a Muslim car bomber and accidentely killed a little boy in the process.....There's people like that all over the world. Yes, of course they exist in Australia. But how can you compare that to my dropping 3 pointed words into a forum thread? All I did was raise your ire, then sat back and watched as you worked yourself into a flamespree of libel, bad language and namecalling. You really do need to employ some objectivity, seriously.

Bush was voted in office and he decided to go to war with Iraq and Iraqis are being killed....Oh Americans need to be killed.No, Americans don't need to be killed. But it's happening anyway, and it's a tragedy. What Americans really need is get out of Iraq asap, and let the Iraqi people decide what nation(s) should help them to quell the insurgents, IMHO.
Should I be crucified or ridiculed for thinking that?

Shit thinking like that with this American have no dignity shit likens you to the same idiots. You are a non-thinker that only looks at the pretty colors on TV...a brainwashed fool.In your own misguided opinion, perhaps. Once again, we return to the swearing and judgemental name calling. Did you get much froth on the monitor while typing that uninformed little diatribe btw?

The truth is, you went off half cocked without knowing my true meaning. You put words in my mouth, then worked yourself up over things that exist in your own head.

Tell you what, come visit Australia. Walk a mile in another man's mukluks. Maybe you'll get a wider point of view and learn not to take things so personally. The exchange rate'll be in your favour...

Voetsek
05-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Class style good taste just for a start

Busyman
05-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Well, I see you've done a great job of vivisection on my last post Busy. Nice crucifiction job to end with too. So, in reply...

FOX news does contribute, yes, but US propaganda pops up all over the Aussie media. Of course you couldn't know that, not having access to the Free to air and subscription TV stations, newspapers and radio in Australia.
Then that's Aussie's spin on US propaganda. Duh. :1eye: I bet in Iran they get US propaganda from Iranian TV stations exactly how the US puts it out. :dry:

When I say America as a nation, I'm talking about America's national representatives. You know those guys on Capitol Hill? The guys who make all the decisions and press releases and handle world affairs? I've been talking about them all along - not the general population. That was your own kneejerk perception telling you I was tarring everyone with the same brush... and damn, you sure got wound up about it... did you fall over when you stopped?
America's national representatives are not America as an entire nation. American government is not all American people. With your initial statement - GO FUCK YOURSELF stands. With the convenient clarification, it's retracted. I'm sure your politicians aren't any more dignified, have more integrity, or objectivity. America is just in the limelight. Most politicians suck ass everywhere.

I know we do. I never said Australia didn't have it's fair share of corporate bastards. Rio Tinto, Newscorp, Santos - unconscionable arseholes, all of 'em.
For the US, no, I wasn't harking back to Enron and Worldcom. There's General Electric, Pfizer, Monsanto, DuPont and all the tobacco companies though.
Oh really? You have corporate bastards? :ohmy: Sounds like the rest of the world including Australia is lacking dignity and integrity too.

Why is it every time an outspoken American hears something they don't like, they immediately dispute their perceived opponent's morality? Such a tired gambit.
No it was more like a Youain'tnobettermotherfucker gambit. That seemed pretty obvious from the sentence. :dry:

What's dignified about any of the programs I mentioned? Where's the integrity in showing some idiot making a fool of himself? Where's the objectivity and the integrity in a spin doctored "news" report? On top of that, untold generations of crap sitcoms, gameshows and infomercials that just insult the intelligence of the viewer. A couple of series of Lost does not make it all better.
Again you point out some TV shows like a gameshow hmmmm Jeopardy maybe, and say they insult your intelligence? America is about choice to watch what the fuck you want to watch. Apparently Australia has no TV except educational shows. Apparently Australian news has the best integrity of all news. My "moral high ground" statement stands. :dry:

Oh, and please give the "use logic or STFU" catchphrase a rest will you? It sounds like a bad commercial touting a dodgy constipation cure.
Well you seem constipated. I smell shit on your breath and it's uuuzing from your fingertips. :shit:

Catchy phrase. Kinda trips off the tongue doesn't it? What happened back when there wasn't a war "goin' on"? Oh yeah... Presidents spreading fear and loathing against communism and building nukes instead. Enough to kill everything on the planet 32 times over, last time I heard. When that was over, it was secret arms deals with third world dictators and South American coke barons.
Hmm, it seems the communists had them too. :ohmy: I wonder why we should have 'em? Hey I don't condone secret fucked deals either. However, America ain't the only one. Maybe the rest of the world has corruption in their government too. This is startling!!!

The armed forces, yes. Not the general public though. Automatic and semi-automatic weapons are banned here. There was a national gun buy-back by the government, who destroyed them all after Martin Bryant's killing spree in Port Arthur, Tasmania back in 1996. Only guns left are bolt action rifles for the farmers, and handguns for the Police and gun clubs exclusively. You wouldn't believe what prospective members have to go through to join those clubs...
Cool, you've done something in that last ten years to reduce the amount guns of in your country. Great!!! Ya'll still got big guns though. Another startling fact!!!

Spindoctoring is reality?? Your reality perhaps - not mine. It's factual obfuscation at the least. Outright lies at the worst. There's no integrity to be gained from deceiving people.
Moral high ground moment for you. Your government ain't devoid of corruption. Your media isn't devoid of spindoctoring. Pretty simple.

Whatever the context, it's still one helluva stretch.
Not really. You all are ignorant either way.

There's people like that all over the world. Yes, of course they exist in Australia. But how can you compare that to my dropping 3 pointed words into a forum thread? All I did was raise your ire, then sat back and watched as you worked yourself into a flamespree of libel, bad language and namecalling. You really do need to employ some objectivity, seriously.
I don't work myself into anything here. It was a hypocritical insult and you were treated in kind.

No, Americans don't need to be killed. But it's happening anyway, and it's a tragedy. What Americans really need is get out of Iraq asap, and let the Iraqi people decide what nation(s) should help them to quell the insurgents, IMHO.
Should I be crucified or ridiculed for thinking that?
Show me where............other than that we agree on something.

In your own misguided opinion, perhaps. Once again, we return to the swearing and judgemental name calling. Did you get much froth on the monitor while typing that uninformed little diatribe btw?
No I happen to know people. I know that your government nor it's people are no better than anyone else's.

The truth is, you went off half cocked without knowing my true meaning. You put words in my mouth, then worked yourself up over things that exist in your own head.
No not really. Even after your convenient explanation of an obvious blanket statement you made little sense in regards to this "dignity, integrity, and objectivity" :shit:

Tell you what, come visit Australia. Walk a mile in another man's mukluks. Maybe you'll get a wider point of view and learn not to take things so personally. The exchange rate'll be in your favour...
Coming to Australia will help me take shit better or make me take a shit?
I would love to come there but not for those reasons. It would be for your upstanding news media, educational only TV shows, and perfectly run government. :)

Snee
05-26-2005, 02:27 PM

I think you are incapable of posting in a thread without insulting someone :P

Right now (but I often change my mind, depending on my mood):

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (french)
Le Grande Bleu (french)
Akira (japanese)
Elling (norwegian)
Ghost in the Shell (japanese)
The Fifth Element (american (french director))
Musa (korean)
Bullit (american)
Pusher (danish)
The Returner (japanese)

Don't think it'll make you any happier :unsure:

I recently saw this german one about the fall of the Berlin Wall, where this bloke tricks his mom (who has been in a coma) into thinking that it never fell, which may or may not be on the list once I've thought some more about it.

Apart from that I can say (about the countries most of the stuff I watch comes from) that I also tend to like chinese (mostly movies from Hong Kong, but also some from the mainland), australian (Placid Lake made me laugh, to name a recent one), some spanish and a lot of british movies, while I think that indian movies suck in general) and finnish and swedish movies almost always bore the feck out of me, the finnish ones more so than the swedish.

And I do like some american movies, of course, though I have to say that on average, I'm not too fond of them (for every good one there are at least two where you wonder wtf they were thinking). The original Star Wars trilogy used to be among my very favourites, but it has fairly recently taken a plunge.

manker
05-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Not really. You all are ignorant either way.Everyone except you, eh.

Busy, you usually go off half-cocked, you always resort to personal insults and you never see another person's conflicting point of view as having merit.

uNz[i] has you sussed.

GepperRankins
05-26-2005, 02:41 PM
no matter how bored i get; i'll never read this thread

Busyman
05-26-2005, 02:45 PM
I think you are incapable of posting in a thread without insulting someone :P

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (french)
Le Grande Bleu (french)
Akira (japanese)
Elling (norwegian)
Ghost in the Shell (japanese)
The Fifth Element (american (french director))
Musa (korean)
Bullit (american)
Pusher (danish)
The Returner (japanese)

Don't think it'll make you any happier :unsure:

I recently saw this german one about the fall of the Berlin Wall, where this bloke tricks his mom (who has been in a coma) into thinking that it never fell, which may or may not be on the list once I've thought some more about it.

Apart from that I can say (about the countries most of the stuff I watch comes from) that I also tend to like chinese (mostly movies from Hong Kong, but also some from the mainland), australian (Placid Lake made me laugh, to name a recent one), some spanish and a lot of british movies, while I think that indian movies suck in general) and finnish and swedish movies almost always bore the feck out of me, the finnish ones more so than the swedish.

And I do like some american movies, of course, though I have to say that on average, I'm not too fond of them (for every good one there are at least two where you wonder wtf they were thinking). The original Star Wars trilogy used to be among my very favourites, but it has fairly recently taken a plunge.
I think the last 3 Star Wars sucked in comparison. Tbh I think for every great American made movie there are actually 15 to 20 bad ones. America churns out so many that it's an easy assessment. However, it's kinda like Sony's Playstation it has the most games and the most bad ones....but it has the most good ones too. My opinion of course. Many movies over here go straight to DVD also so they duck under the hypemobile.

That's pretty that you could name your top ten. There are so many movies that I like that it would be hard for me to do the same.

edit: This a little weird and I know it's your opinion of course but were you trying to name some foreign movies to prove a point. I've seen some of the ones on your list and well...The Returner? :blink: ....a top ten movie? (yeah I really do watch subtitled movies)

99%
05-26-2005, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=SnnY]

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (french) :01:

Le Grande Bleu (french) :01: finally someone who knows this one

Elling :dry: :ermm: :blink: wtf?? :pinch: its too much of a reminder of the paranoid dilusiional country i managed to get myself into - No thanks

Busyman
05-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Not really. You all are ignorant either way.Everyone except you, eh.

Busy, you usually go off half-cocked, you always resort to personal insults and you never see another person's conflicting point of view as having merit.

uNz[i] has you sussed.
No, not when it's a popular bandwagoned and hypocritical potshot....nahhh.

Usually there's an insult squeezed in there by the other party first. :dry:

Snee
05-26-2005, 02:53 PM
@busy, re: the returner: Yeah, I know, it's a bit weird, 'tis just that I thought it was really funny in a culty kind of way, kinda' like gunhead, if you've seen that one, and sometimes you need something without too much depth. And like I said, some go off and on that list like yo-yos, depending on how I feel.

@zed: You don't like elling? I think it's brilliant, it made me laugh a lot.

Busyman
05-26-2005, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=SnnY]

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (french) :01:

Elling :dry: :ermm: :blink: wtf?? :pinch: its too much of a reminder of the paranoid dilusiional country i managed to get myself into - No thanks
Hey man it's his opinion. :snooty:

Snee
05-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Since we are speaking about movies btw, and since I listed a Korean one, has anyone seen Old Boy? I hear it's brilliant.

Gonna' buy the DVD.

GepperRankins
05-26-2005, 03:02 PM
i saw some iranian films on channel4. they were very... original

MCHeshPants420
05-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Since we are speaking about movies btw, and since I listed a Korean one, has anyone seen Old Boy? I hear it's brilliant.

Gonna' buy the DVD.

I have. It's brilliant.

Hollywood are making a remake so it must be good if they've decided to ruin it.

Snee
05-26-2005, 03:05 PM
@gepper: Did the blokes wear eyeliner, 'cos I saw one where they actually seem to make a point of the bloke putting it on?

And he wasn't supposed to be gay or anything, seemed like all the blokes did it.

At least I think it was Iranian :ermm:

@cheebus: another good review then :) I really want to see that movie.

GepperRankins
05-26-2005, 03:11 PM
i saw one about a man who loved his cow. then the cow died. then he thought he was a cow. can't remember how it finished i'd been drinking. no wait, was that my dad? :unsure:

it was pretty interesting, apparently it was banned because it was a metaphor of the iranian government of the time

MCHeshPants420
05-26-2005, 03:12 PM
@gepper: Did the blokes wear eyeliner, 'cos I saw one where they actually seem to make a point of the bloke putting it on?

And he wasn't supposed to be gay or anything, seemed like all the blokes did it.

At least I think it was Iranian :ermm:

@cheebus: another good review then :) I really want to see that movie.

I downloaded it from Snarf-It or Torrentspy I think, anyhow both sites have torrents for it.

Snee
05-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Hmm, I'm going to buy the dvd anyway, but...

Busyman
05-26-2005, 03:58 PM

Gonna' buy the DVD.
Very good movie. ;)

JPaul
05-26-2005, 04:15 PM
i saw one about a man who loved his cow. then the cow died. then he thought he was a cow. can't remember how it finished i'd been drinking. no wait, was that my dad? :unsure:

it was pretty interesting, apparently it was banned because it was a metaphor of the iranian government of the time
Were their beans involve, magic beans.

GepperRankins
05-26-2005, 04:19 PM
no but there was some tribe that are just a bunch of bastards.

i remember how it ends now, they were taking the cowman to market and he tried to run away with his hands tied up and broke his head on a rock and drown in a puddle

Snee
05-26-2005, 04:23 PM

Were their beans involve, magic beans.
Does the Iranian government have problems with people talking about their beans? :unsure:

Peerzy
05-26-2005, 04:33 PM
I can't be assed to read this thread. But thanks to Busyman being the typical American i can automaticaly assume he thinks USA is better and so i give him a present from the rest of the world:

http://img289.echo.cx/img289/7696/mupetz2jl4hp.gif

Snee
05-26-2005, 04:51 PM

Btw, more people might know it if you use the american title. They sort of destroyed "The Big Blue" by dubbing the french bits to English though.

The best version, which is a bastard to find, has mixed languages.

On the dvd I've got it's either all in french, or all in english :blink:

Guillaume
05-26-2005, 04:55 PM
The best version, which is a bastard to find, has mixed languages.

Hehe. Uncut version is on tv tonight. :01:

By the way it's "Le grand bleu". :smartass:

Snee
05-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Typo, and you are cheating, 'cos you are french.

Busyman
05-27-2005, 01:40 AM
I can't be assed to read this thread. But thanks to Busyman being the typical American i can automaticaly assume he thinks USA is better and so i give him a present from the rest of the world:

You forgot something else about your post above and related to your animation....

Peerzy your post is....bull :shit:

You read it. Otherwise you'd be happy to know that uzi has been on the Australiaisbetter crap.

Either it's he's arrogant or a hypocrite.

peat moss
05-27-2005, 07:03 AM
@Busyman, enought of the serious shit. Plllllease bring back that big beauiful bum and put back in your signature! :blushing:

I looked high and low and can't find the link. :D

Busyman
05-27-2005, 12:42 PM
@Busyman, enought of the serious shit. Plllllease bring back that big beauiful bum and put back in your signature! :blushing:

I looked high and low and can't find the link. :D
The board disabled it. It was made into a filesharingtalk.gif so it wouldn't be broken. Nevertheless it's broken. :(

I'll look for the original and save it to my own isp when I find it. Seems pretty reliable.

AussieSheila
05-27-2005, 01:55 PM
I would love to come there but not for those reasons. It would be for your upstanding news media, educational only TV shows, and perfectly run government. :)

That's ok, I don't think we'd love to have you here. Why don't you stay right where you are. :D

yonki
05-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Thats what happens when you limit yourself to google. There are satellite images of the whole globe. Just need to know where to look .

Busyman
05-27-2005, 04:08 PM

That's ok, I don't think we'd love to have you here. Why don't you stay right where you are. :D
Hell I might want to live there. Apparently it's perfect. :huh:

AussieSheila
05-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Well if you don't mind snakes and whacking great spiders, droughts and flooding rains, it is. :D I don't mind all of the above so I think it is. Oh yeah and mozzies too, although they are just particularly bad where I live.

Busyman
05-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Well if you don't mind snakes and whacking great spiders, droughts and flooding rains, it is. :D I don't mind all of the above so I think it is. Oh yeah and mozzies too, although they are just particularly bad where I live.
I'm getting big spiders in my basement and I don't fucking like it.

I sleep down there sometimes and I've been bitten once already.

It looks like i've killed the mommy though. Sprayed her with some nasty shit.

Next morning she looked like a big crumpled fist. :clap:

My basement flooded once (and hopefully never again). I'm sure it's nothing like the flooding you get though.

I don't know what mozzies are.

GepperRankins
05-27-2005, 04:41 PM
mozzy = mosquitoes

mommy = him?

AussieSheila
05-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Saved me answering on both counts. :lol:

AussieSheila
05-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Why do you sleep in the basement sometimes Busyman?

Busyman
05-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Saved me answering on both counts. :lol:
Had said daddy at first. Realized that she had babies and never changed the him.

Busyman
05-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Why do you sleep in the basement sometimes Busyman?
65" HDTV and Tivo

AussieSheila
05-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Do you mean you have a big telly?

Busyman
05-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Do you mean you have a big telly?
It's a decent size.

If I Tivo an episode of Lost, for instance, I might fall asleep downstairs watching it.

GepperRankins
05-27-2005, 05:08 PM
why put a huge TV and tivo in a room that floods?

99%
05-27-2005, 05:08 PM
came across this

http://cagle.slate.msn.com/news/World-USAvsIRAQ/WorldIraqGIFS/best/USGunTriggerGlobeIraqHajja.gif

99%
05-27-2005, 05:15 PM
cliche?
http://www.globecartoon.com/Dubya/Images/010612.gif

99%
05-27-2005, 05:16 PM
http://www.wlht.com/bailey/images/cartoon_040803.jpg

99%
05-27-2005, 05:18 PM
http://www.wlht.com/bailey/images/cartoon_030303.jpg

Busyman
05-27-2005, 05:23 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

99%
05-27-2005, 06:26 PM
sorry but had to add one more

tell me are you taught this at school
(i wasn't) although america came across as very positve during WWII

http://www.dusky.sk/pics/2005-05/1025_GodXBlessXUSA.jpg

TFFTn
05-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Common sense...joke

Footbal..as in soccer.

Gemby!
05-27-2005, 06:35 PM
the USA need proper English :01:

hurrah !

peat moss
05-27-2005, 07:02 PM
the USA need proper English :01:

hurrah !

Us Canadian 's aren't far behind . centre for center, colour for color ,roof for ruff. You get the idea. :D

Gemby!
05-27-2005, 07:15 PM
you folk spell stuff with a 'z'

me no like

i mean socialization ? it looks odd :lookaroun

TFFTn
05-27-2005, 07:18 PM

me no like

True, I mean who gave the right to change the English language? ;)

Snee
05-27-2005, 07:20 PM

me no like

'twas this old bloke by the road-side.

I had to zlip him a fiver to get the rightz to do it :unsure:

JPaul
05-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Its coz' the good ol' USA decided to drop the letter "u" for common use. They now overuse the "z" to compensate for this.

Oh and the proper use of the letter "q" is scuppered sans plenty of "u"s.

Busyman
05-27-2005, 09:52 PM

me no like

The passwords are:

Independence Day :)

JPaul
05-27-2005, 10:11 PM
That would be;

Independence and Day

or

Independence, Day.

Try to understand the concept of pluralizing

football
05-27-2005, 10:39 PM
mozzy = mosquitoes

mommy = him?
Next door heard me laughing at that :lol:

Gripper
05-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Paper money that isn't tainted with coke?

99%
05-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Which words have been changed?
the ones i can come up with is
colour vs color
through vs thru
criticise vs criticize

also in wolof (language from senegal)
yo = Me
man = you
wow = yes
maybe thats why africanamericans keep saying yo man wow!! (you & me great)

Busyman
05-27-2005, 11:40 PM
colour vs color
through vs thru
criticise vs criticize

yo = Me
man = you
wow = yes
What's an African American?

99%
05-27-2005, 11:43 PM
sorry i ment americanafrican

football
05-27-2005, 11:46 PM
colour vs color
through vs thru
criticise vs criticize

yo = Me
man = you
wow = yes
What's an African American?Statistically speaking, it's the persons who reported their race as African American, Afro-American, Black or Negro, Black Puerto Rican, Jamaican, Nigerian, West Indian, or Haitian and who reported they were not of Hispanic origin.

uNz[i]
05-28-2005, 12:20 AM

You forgot something else about your post above and related to your animation....

You read it. Otherwise you'd be happy to know that uzi has been on the Australiaisbetter crap.Still putting words in my mouth, I see. I never said that at all. Do you often tell lies about people behind thier back?
It's the very reason I've discontinued this discussion. I have better things to do with my time than argue with a slagger who twists the truth instead of facing up to the fact that he's lost an argument.

Either it's he's arrogant or a hypocrite.Sorry to break it to ya sparky (actually, no, I'm not sorry...), but arrogance and hypocracy are more your domain.
This thread has made that abundantly clear. If only you'd employed some objectivity...

Sadly though, your overblown pride and sense of self rightousness has blinded you to the truth. You are your own worst enemy, but you don't even know it. Pay attention to Peerzy's pic of Penn. He's giving you some excellent advice.

Tikibonbon
05-28-2005, 12:28 AM
where's my ebaums photo with the retarded kid crossing the finish line that said something like "fighting on the internet is..."

peat moss
05-28-2005, 02:21 AM

me no like

Oh gembz you drivze me crazy ! :)

@99 % , centre is another one. I don't know why. My last name is Mckenzie ......... Zeeee not ZED . Hey go figure ,us Canadian's are nuts . :pinch:

Busyman
05-28-2005, 02:45 AM
']

You read it. Otherwise you'd be happy to know that uzi has been on the Australiaisbetter crap.
Still putting words in my mouth, I see - I never said that at all... and do you often talk lies about people behind thier back?
It's the very reason I've discontinued this discussion. I have better things to do with my time than argue with a slagger who twists the truth instead of facing up to the fact that he's lost an arguement.

Either it's he's arrogant or a hypocrite.
Sorry to break it to ya sparky, (actually, no, I'm not sorry...) but arrogance and hypocracy are more your domain. If you'd followed my advice and employed some objectivity, you'd know it too.
Sadly though, your overblown pride and sense of self rightousness has blinded you to the truth.

You are your own worst enemy and you don't even know it. Pay attention to that pic of Penn. It's giving you some excellent advice.
Topic: What does the rest of the World have that the USA does'nt?

uzi's answer: dignity and integrity

Again, you are either arrogant or a hypocrite. :)
I've lost no argument. If this was tongue and cheek then great but then that was fucked up with the fact that you tried to explain yourself and did a shit job of it.

Pointing out that your country has shit stains too does not make me arrogant or hypocritical. By the topic title...your response makes you the easy winner of that trophy. :clap:

As to the argument, I've lost nothing here. Pretty easy "win" of whateverhefuck. :dry:

peat moss
05-28-2005, 04:06 AM
You seem like such a smart fellow busymam , Why waste time and energy on the flaming posts ? You give credence to the term "Ugly American" . I can understand a point or position one may take, but it should not be a pissing contest . Unless one enjoy's the conserveries ? Life is too short . :)

thewizeard
05-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Can't read through this complete thread to see if its already been mentioned but what about humility? Have they got that?

uNz[i]
05-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Topic: What does the rest of the World have that the USA does'nt?

uzi's answer: dignity and integrity

Again, you are either arrogant or a hypocrite. :)
I've lost no argument. If this was tongue and cheek then great but then that was fucked up with the fact that you tried to explain yourself and did a shit job of it.Don't forget I mentioned objectivity too. :)

Okay, tell you what, I'll spell it all out for you.

I didn't try to explain myself. I tried time and time again to explain to you that you don't have the monopoly on being entitled to an opinion.
But you were too puffed up by arrogance and self rightousness to pay attention.
I also attempted to get you to use objectivity... but time and again, you refused to even try.
Everytime somebody posted with a different view or taste, you stamped all over it with torrents of foul language.
Even those who simply like to watch movies with subtitles weren't safe from copping a serve. Intolerance and arrogance from you.

You've tarred the people who've disagreed with you in this thread with the same brush. You've repeatedly disregarded thier right to have a different view to yours. Instead, you've rudely and loudly proclaimed that just because they don't agree with you, that they either talk :shit: or have :shit: for brains. A clear display of total arrogance on your part.

You've also said yourself that you hate people who lump groups together, regardless of whether individuals within that group are guilty or innocent.
But hang on... You've made it plain that you think that everyone who disagrees with you either talks :shit: or has :shit: for brains.
So that makes you an arrogant hypocrite - you are, in fact, no better than the very people you despise.

Pointing out that your country has shit stains too...See, now here's the thing: I've already said I was talking about the leaders who represent your nation - not the general population. You, in your arrogance, dismissed that distinction as "convenient".
You however, have not once made the distinction between government and population. You keep talking about all of Australia as a whole, even if it is just a clumsy ploy to try and get under my skin.
So with one short sentence, you again demonstrate your own arrogance and hypocracy.

...does not make me arrogant or hypocritical. By the topic title...your response makes you the easy winner of that trophy. :clap:I've proven that statement to be false many times now. See above proof, and further proofs in your own posts and behaviour throughout the course of this thread and sundry topics in TDR.

As to the argument, I've lost nothing here. Pretty easy "win" of whateverhefuck. :dry:
If you honestly think that, you're living in a fool's paradise. You've lost face, you've lost people's respect and now it looks like you've lost the plot too.

I say again: You are your own worst enemy and you don't even know it.
I don't care that you're too proud to admit it in public, but at least be true to yourself... :)

GepperRankins
05-28-2005, 01:11 PM
evil

TFFTn
05-28-2005, 01:13 PM
']

You read it. Otherwise you'd be happy to know that uzi has been on the Australiaisbetter crap.Still putting words in my mouth, I see. I never said that at all. Do you often tell lies about people behind thier back?
It's the very reason I've discontinued this discussion. I have better things to do with my time than argue with a slagger who twists the truth instead of facing up to the fact that he's lost an argument.

Either it's he's arrogant or a hypocrite.Sorry to break it to ya sparky (actually, no, I'm not sorry...), but arrogance and hypocracy are more your domain.
This thread has made that abundantly clear. If only you'd employed some objectivity...

Sadly though, your overblown pride and sense of self rightousness has blinded you to the truth. You are your own worst enemy, but you don't even know it. Pay attention to Peerzy's pic of Penn. He's giving you some excellent advice.

This is what I think

Gemby!
05-28-2005, 02:14 PM

me no like

Oh gembz you drivze me crazy ! :)

oh shuckz :blushing:

Busyman
05-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Don't forget I mentioned objectivity too. :)

Okay, tell you what, I'll spell it all out for you.

I didn't try to explain myself. I tried time and time again to explain to you that you don't have the monopoly on being entitled to an opinion.
But you were too puffed up by arrogance and self rightousness to pay attention.
I also attempted to get you to use objectivity... but time and again, you refused to even try.
Everytime somebody posted with a different view or taste, you stamped all over it with torrents of foul language.
Even those who simply like to watch movies with subtitles weren't safe from copping a serve. Intolerance and arrogance from you.
Nope. I thought YOU were shit. YOU. The subtitled bit was a simple difference of opinion. I have liked movies that were subtitled also (including The Returner and Open Your Eyes) I just prefer them in English (not dubbed) if possible. I have no problem with difference of opinion. God knows I usually am the black sheep of opinion anyway.
I also know when a person is slinging bull :shit:. I said your explanation was convenient since it wasn't there to begin with. It's like me saying Australia is racist......then later saying, "Oh I meant your leaders." :dry: If I tell you to go fuck yourself...that's not a display of arrogance or hypocrisy. Look up the meaning.

You've tarred the people who've disagreed with you in this thread with the same brush. You've repeatedly disregarded thier right to have a different view to yours. Instead, you've rudely and loudly proclaimed that just because they don't agree with you, that they either talk :shit: or have :shit: for brains. A clear display of total arrogance on your part.
Sounds like some shit you made up. People? No YOU!! Your opinion was an insult. Arrogance would be....

Topic: What does the USA have that the rest of the world doesn't?

Answer: Dignity and integrity. :dry:

You've also said yourself that you hate people who lump groups together, regardless of whether individuals within that group are guilty or innocent.
But hang on... You've made it plain that you think that everyone who disagrees with you either talks :shit: or has :shit: for brains.
So that makes you an arrogant hypocrite - you are, in fact, no better than the very people you despise.
No. YOUR insult was disagreed with. Pretty simple.

Pointing out that your country has shit stains too...
See, now here's the thing: I've already said I was talking about the leaders who represent your nation - not the general population. You, in your arrogance, dismissed that distinction as "convenient".
You however, have not once made the distinction between government and population. You keep talking about all of Australia as a whole, even if it is just a clumsy ploy to try and get under my skin.
So with one short sentence, you again demonstrate your own arrogance and hypocracy.
I insulted Australia? More shit you made up. :dry:

...does not make me arrogant or hypocritical. By the topic title...your response makes you the easy winner of that trophy. :clap:
I've proven that statement to be false many times now. See above proof, and further proofs in your own posts and behaviour throughout the course of this thread and sundry topics in TDR.
Proof? You've proved squat. Do you need it sppelled out for you?
Arrogance: You imply that Australia has dignity and integrity while America does not. Self importance on your part. You are in no special moral high ground.

Hypocrisy: You imply that Australia has dignity and integrity while America does not. You then conveniently make the distinction of our leaders. Your leaders have corruption too. Conveniently ignored to take shot. All countries have fucked up leaders littered throughout their govenment.

If you honestly think that, you're living in a fool's paradise. You've lost face, you've lost people's respect and now it looks like you've lost the plot too.

I say again: You are your own worst enemy and you don't even know it.
I don't care that you're too proud to admit it in public, but at least be true to yourself... :)
You see that's the problem.....I never thought I had folks respect to begin with and don't care about impressing anyone.

As far as my own worst enemy...this is the internet. If I'm my worst on here...SoTFW!!!

I'm an Army Of One

GepperRankins
05-29-2005, 01:13 PM
does army of one mean no-one likes you?

Gemby!
05-29-2005, 03:34 PM
anyone fancy simplifying the huge quote thing going on there - looks like an awful lot to read ....

GepperRankins
05-29-2005, 03:47 PM
anyone fancy simplifying the huge quote thing going on there - looks like an awful lot to read ....
i'm afraid it can't be simplified :(

uNz[i]
05-29-2005, 08:58 PM
@ gemby! - To summarise:

I accused US leaders of having no integrity or dignity. My 'crime' is that I didn't make the "leaders" bit clear in my first post. I did it intentionally, because I knew it would make Busy bite. Sure enough, he did.

Busy says my original words (yep, all 2 of 'em, they're in bold up there in the first paragraph) were aimed at all Americans. No matter how many times I've explained the leadership bit to him, he stubbornly refuses to accept clarification, saying the addition of the word "leadership" is just a "convenient" way out.

As a result, we've both engaged in a rather childish "you are - no you are" argument about who's being arrogant and hypocritical.

The only point we both agree about is there's corrupt politicians in most governments, no matter where you go.

I've told Busy exactly how rude and abusive he's been with people here in this thread and in TDR.
He's made his mind up that I'm a :shit: so he's become deaf and blind to facts and reason. His excuse for his rudeness is "it's only the internet", so he thinks he has some God given right to behave like a thug and he's not worried if he loses people's respect.

[Note: This is my take on the situation. Busyman will probably have a completely different view.]

/Summary ends

(Personally, I've come to think that telling Busyman to be fair and objective is exactly like carrying toxic waste uphill in a collander - there's never any progress and the fallout is terrible.)

@ j2 - My apologies to you and the rest of the US membership for all of this. You're right, it isn't fair to you guys, so for your sakes, I'll get to the point.

@ Busyman - So in a nutshell you think I'm a :shit: and so on and so forth - and when it comes to arguing with you, yes, I have been a git... totally. :)
You've been thoroughly asking for it for months. Over time, I've come to the same conclusion about you as you have of me.

What you don't realise is that I've known, right from the outset, how you would react all the way through this overlong charade.

Right from the time you bit at my 2 worded hook, throughout your follow up of post after post of retort and rebuff attempting to discredit me, I've had your number. You've acted in the time-honoured manner of the classic forum flamer.

But not once have you bothered to find out why I said what I did at the start.

Contrary to what you may believe, my motives are not driven by a need to prove non issues like who has the best country or the higher moral ground.

It's your particular brand of patriotism and self rightousness that's the problem, pure and simple.
manker said back near the beginning that I said what I did because I'm patriotic. But the truth is, I'm not.

Patriotism is okay, if tempered with tolerance and objectivity.
Self rightousness is just another form of arrogance. Mixed with closed minded patriotism it's a recipe for disaster.

Patriotism is what made you reply as you did at the start of our stoush, and self rightousness and intolerance kept you going - you couldn't help yourself. You've used every means at your disposal, both fair and foul, to defend your countrymen from a perceived insult, even though (a) nobody asked you to, and (b) no such insult existed, except in your own mind.

Even though I tried to warn you many, many times, you failed to employ objectivity. You read 2 words, prejudged, and then refused to listen to anything else. Whether you care or not about my opinion, or that you've lost face and respect is immaterial. This is an international community. You are not the only one here, and you don't hold the monopoly on being right.

If it's any consolation, I am human, so yes, I too can be arrogant sometimes, but you've got me thoroughly beat in that department.
At least I've got the balls to admit it.

Have you? Can you? Has your self proclaimed "army of one" got enough intelligence now to realise it's time to retire from the battle?

manker
05-29-2005, 11:00 PM
Feck's sake - You're definitely partiotic. However, congratulations on teh busy roddage :D

manker
05-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Oops patriotic. You knew whaqt I mean.

Gemby!
05-30-2005, 01:33 PM
']@ gemby! - To summarise:[/i]

I accused US leaders of having no integrity or dignity. My 'crime' is that I didn't make the "leaders" bit clear in my first post. I did it intentionally, because I knew it would make Busy bite. Sure enough, he did.

Busy says my original words (yep, all 2 of 'em, they're in bold up there in the first paragraph) were aimed at all Americans. No matter how many times I've explained the leadership bit to him, he stubbornly refuses to accept clarification, saying the addition of the word "leadership" is just a "convenient" way out.

As a result, we've both engaged in a rather childish "you are - no you are" argument about who's being arrogant and hypocritical.

The only point we both agree about is there's corrupt politicians in most governments, no matter where you go.

I've told Busy exactly how rude and abusive he's been with people here in this thread and in TDR.
He's made his mind up that I'm a :shit: so he's become deaf and blind to facts and reason. His excuse for his rudeness is "it's only the internet", so he thinks he has some God given right to behave like a thug and he's not worried if he loses people's respect.

[Note: This is my take on the situation. Busyman will probably have a completely different view.]

/Summary ends

(Personally, I've come to think that telling Busyman to be fair and objective is exactly like carrying toxic waste uphill in a collander - there's never any progress and the fallout is terrible.)

@ j2 - My apologies to you and the rest of the US membership for all of this. You're right, it isn't fair to you guys, so for your sakes, I'll get to the point.

@ Busyman - So in a nutshell you think I'm a :shit: and so on and so forth - and when it comes to arguing with you, yes, I have been a git... totally. :)
You've been thoroughly asking for it for months. Over time, I've come to the same conclusion about you as you have of me.

What you don't realise is that I've known, right from the outset, how you would react all the way through this overlong charade.

Right from the time you bit at my 2 worded hook, throughout your follow up of post after post of retort and rebuff attempting to discredit me, I've had your number. You've acted in the time-honoured manner of the classic forum flamer.

But not once have you bothered to find out [i]why I said what I did at the start.

Contrary to what you may believe, my motives are not driven by a need to prove non issues like who has the best country or the higher moral ground.

It's your particular brand of patriotism and self rightousness that's the problem, pure and simple.
manker said back near the beginning that I said what I did because I'm patriotic. But the truth is, I'm not.

Self rightousness is just another form of arrogance. Mixed with closed minded patriotism it's a recipe for disaster.

Patriotism is what made you reply as you did at the start of our stoush, and self rightousness and intolerance kept you going - you couldn't help yourself. You've used every means at your disposal, both fair and foul, to defend your countrymen from a perceived insult, even though (a) nobody asked you to, and (b) no such insult existed, except in your own mind.

Even though I tried to warn you many, many times, you failed to employ objectivity. You read 2 words, prejudged, and then refused to listen to anything else. Whether you care or not about my opinion, or that you've lost face and respect is immaterial. This is an international community. You are not the only one here, and you don't hold the monopoly on being right.

If it's any consolation, I am human, so yes, I too can be arrogant sometimes, but you've got me thoroughly beat in that department.

Have you? Can you? Has your self proclaimed "army of one" got enough intelligence now to realise it's time to retire from the battle?

now i know what true friends are :happy:

:frusty:

DarthInsinuate
05-30-2005, 01:36 PM
ones that can't find any decent roles in other projects so must carry on with the same character they've been playing the last 10 years in a spin-off show?

Gemby!
05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
joey ! :01:

that sucks

DarthInsinuate
05-30-2005, 01:48 PM
congratulations your televisual knowledge is up to speed, now stop posting, i'm trying to out spam you

Gemby!
05-30-2005, 01:48 PM
:01: :lol:

GepperRankins
05-30-2005, 02:28 PM
decent motorsports

enoughfakefiles
05-30-2005, 03:09 PM
The real enigma cipher machine.:u571:

GepperRankins
05-30-2005, 03:10 PM
a clue

Gemby!
05-30-2005, 03:32 PM
bob

Busyman
05-30-2005, 03:41 PM
']@ gemby! - To summarise:

/Summary ends

But not once have you bothered to find out why I said what I did at the start.

Oh jeez.

All that shit you just said means nothing..

You made an insult (by trolling design it seems) you were insulted in response.
I've been thoroughly asking for my country to be insulted? Wow. Sounds like more bullshit.

The fact is if you had insulted Bush, some members of congress, etc. you would not have heard a peep from me.

Even Bush knows he fucked up. You left your statement to be all inclusive so what did expect.

Tbh your shit slinging is no different than what we get on this board on numerous occasions.

Notice Americans don't do the same (1 instance has been pointed out about the French in which an insult against French people seemed nonexistent).

You need to look what hypocrisy and arrogance means. Calling me arrogant in this thread is very hypocritical of you.
If I say...
What does the USA have that the rest of the world doesn't?

Dignity and Integrity.

That would be arrogant (definitely hypocritical) and furthermore, if I did it to start some shit, trolling.
You see the distinction? Notice how Americans don't really come here doing that shit? We don't bother. :dry:

Cheese
05-30-2005, 05:37 PM
If I say...

Dignity and Integrity.

That would be arrogant (definitely hypocritical) and furthermore, if I did it to start some shit, trolling.
You see the distinction? Notice how Americans don't really come here doing that shit? We don't bother. :dry:

Are you being deliberately ironic with the last two sentences? Either way I'm loling right now.:lol:

Busyman
05-30-2005, 05:46 PM
If I say...

Dignity and Integrity.

Are you being deliberately ironic with the last two sentences? Either way I'm loling right now.:lol:
You tell me. How often do we insult the nationalities of individuals? :huh:

If the topic is flipped, it's an insult to the rest of the world....er...uh..I mean their leaders. :dry:

Mr. Mulder
05-30-2005, 06:20 PM
If I say...

Dignity and Integrity.

:lol::lol::lol:

JPaul
05-30-2005, 06:30 PM
The bottom line is that your average American has no particular interest in the rest of the world.

I am given to understand that CNN World News for example often has 1 or 2 short reports about non-US issues. That being during a 1 hour programme. Apparently the other networks are much of a muchness.

bigboab
05-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Busyman
If I say...

I would say, 'A border with Canada'.:unsure:

Snee
05-30-2005, 08:17 PM
If I say...

Dignity and Integrity.

Or you would be "stating an opinion" kinda' like when you said american movies are much better than movies from other countries.

You don't bother you say? Hmm, interesting.

Busyman
05-30-2005, 09:09 PM
If I say...

Dignity and Integrity.

Or you would be "stating an opinion" kinda' like when you said american movies are much better than movies from other countries.

You don't bother you say? Hmm, interesting.
That's right. I think American movies are better. I think Hollywood is the market leader for overall choices and quality of movies. That speaks nothing of foreigners in general that's for sure. ;) I think Japanese video games are the best. American and European maker's are gaining ground but are still behind.

God forbid I say America does anything well, right? :dry:

Snee
05-30-2005, 09:11 PM
So that's not arrogant then, 'k, cool.

JPaul
05-30-2005, 09:12 PM
See that's the point.

Makes more money = Better.

You are making a value judgement, based on commercial success. That's fine if you want to look at it that way, but some people don't.

Busyman
05-30-2005, 09:14 PM
The bottom line is that your average American has no particular interest in the rest of the world.

I am given to understand that CNN World News for example often has 1 or 2 short reports about non-US issues. That being during a 1 hour programme. Apparently the other networks are much of a muchness.
A separation of water has alot to do with that as well as our own huge area as big as Europe.

I can't say about the 1 or 2 short reports though. It seems much more than that.

Busyman
05-30-2005, 09:27 PM
See that's the point.

Makes more money = Better.

You are making a value judgement, based on commercial success. That's fine if you want to look at it that way, but some people don't.
Why 'cause I said "market leader"?

I watch foreign movies. I happen to think American movies are the best as a whole.

The last Star Wars movie had great market success but I thought it sucked besides the last 30 minutes.

Movies like

Pulp Fiction
Aliens
Star Wars Empire Strikes Back
and even Frailty

have no foreign rival to speak of.

Gemby!
05-31-2005, 08:34 AM
I watch foreign movies. I happen to think American movies are the best as a whole.

The last Star Wars movie had great market success but I thought it sucked besides the last 30 minutes.

Movies like

Pulp Fiction
Aliens
and even Frailty

pulp fiction is overrated

aliens (after the first one) are crappy and play on that same goddam storyline

star wars :dry: only joking - just not my sort of film:P

manker
05-31-2005, 08:47 AM
:ohmy:

Pulp Fiction is one of the best films I've ever seen, admittedly I'm not much of a connoisseur but over-rated isn't a word I'd have used.

Gemby!
05-31-2005, 08:59 AM
meh, its over rated to me

good, but over rated :lol:

manker
05-31-2005, 09:16 AM
meh, its over rated to me I spose that's all that counts, God :ermm:

{I}{K}{E}
05-31-2005, 09:28 AM

Movies like

Pulp Fiction
Aliens
and even Frailty

Shichinin no samurai
Cidade de Dues
Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain
Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi
Rashomon
Ran

Should I name more? :lol:

Guillaume
05-31-2005, 09:32 AM

Please don't bring that piece of sh*t Amélie into that debate. It would just prove Busyman's point that movies from the U.S of A are better. :dry:

Gemby!
05-31-2005, 10:05 AM
meh, its over rated to me I spose that's all that counts, God :ermm:

im sensing irony in that sentance, :dry:

you vill burn in ze hell, okies ?

hollywood 'sux' - it may do the occasional good movie but what about all those crap movies that are made in the process

its just a load on high concept bullshit :angry:

{I}{K}{E}
05-31-2005, 10:12 AM

Please don't bring that piece of sh*t Amélie into that debate. It would just prove Busyman's point that movies from the U.S of A are better. :dry:

:lookaroun

manker
05-31-2005, 10:21 AM
im sensing irony in that sentance, No, I'm just hedging my bets incase you do turn out to be a supreme deity.

JPaul
05-31-2005, 10:36 AM
I had always thought that "Bollywood" was the "market leader".

Is it not the case that "Bollywood" produces about 8 times more movies per year than Hollywood does.

Or do we ignore that because it's across the water and they speak some funny foreign language type thing.

What about the big "Kung Fu" studies in China. They must produce a fair few as well and have a reasonably large audience.

bigboab
05-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Let's not forget the 'Carry On' movies. On second thoughts, let's.:cry:

P.S. what the hell is going on with this editor. All the words kept 'bunching' up and the cursor is 'jumping' all over the place.:(

Gemby!
05-31-2005, 11:43 AM

Is it not the case that "Bollywood" produces about 8 times more movies per year than Hollywood does.

Or do we ignore that because it's across the water and they speak some funny foreign language type thing.

What about the big "Kung Fu" studies in China. They must produce a fair few as well and have a reasonably large audience.

i like foreign films - subtitles are a bitch though :ermm:

Busyman
05-31-2005, 12:34 PM

My apologies, I didn't know Bollywood made more money. I still don't think they make more movies though. We have tons of straight to DVD releases....some actually pretty good movies.

Busyman
05-31-2005, 12:38 PM

Movies like

Pulp Fiction
Aliens
and even Frailty

pulp fiction is overrated

aliens (after the first one) are crappy and play on that same goddam storyline

star wars :dry: only joking - just not my sort of film:P
Wha wha?

You didn't like James Cameron's Aliens? :ohmy:

You seen Frailty?

Stir Of Echoes
The Salton Sea
Blade :lol: :lol:

bigboab
05-31-2005, 12:39 PM

My apologies, I didn't know Bollywood made more money. I still don't think they make more movies though. We have tons of straight to DVD releases....some actually pretty good movies.

Bollywood is the biggest money making mass producer of movies in the world. It caters for one billion people in India alone.

Busyman
05-31-2005, 12:42 PM

Bollywood is the biggest money making mass producer of movies in the world. It caters for one billion people in India alone.
Mmmmk. Does it make more movies or just more money or both?

MCHeshPants420
05-31-2005, 12:45 PM

Bollywood makes more movies. I read an article in National Geographic about it, Bollywood doesn't make as much money as Hollywood because their ticket prices are much, much lower.

bigboab
05-31-2005, 12:45 PM

Both.:)

manker
05-31-2005, 12:52 PM
I don't think Bollywood makes more money than Hollywood. Not by a long chalk. But that's not what JP was suggesting.