PDA

View Full Version : Task.exe what is this keeps using 50% CPU usage

Josh
05-25-2005, 06:39 AM
Hi,
I am getting a program called task.exe that keeps using 50% of my CPU usage i have done a Spyware scan with Spybot and Ad Aware and virus search with norton and it found nothing at all but from what google said its a worm.

N e tips on removal of this i dont know what to do or how it is getting in. I am running e-mule alot recently can it get in through there.

Rip The Jacker
05-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Just kill the process, find the file on your PC, delete it, and delete it from the registry.

vampiro
05-25-2005, 07:04 AM
looks like a virus

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32randonz.html

Josh
05-25-2005, 07:06 AM
It was in the ZUM folder in program files i dontremmember seeing that before i deleted folder how do i get it out of registry. Why hasnt n e of my Anti Virus and Security programs picked it up. SpyBot did find Spyware Stormer last week wonder if its connected.

vampiro
05-25-2005, 10:29 PM
it tells you i my link above but here it is again

In Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 you will also need to edit the following registry entry. The removal of this entry is optional in Windows 95/98/Me. Please read the warning about editing the registry.

At the taskbar, click Start|Run. Type 'Regedit' and press Return. The registry editor opens.

Before you edit the registry, you should make a backup. On the 'Registry' menu, click 'Export Registry File'. In the 'Export range' panel, click 'All', then save your registry as Backup.

Locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE entry:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

and remove any reference to any file you deleted.

Close the registry editor.