PDA

View Full Version : Strange things happening with my account

Mr. Mulder
05-25-2005, 01:41 PM
I can't seem to log out, when I click Log out, the board says that it's done it, but then brings me back to the main page logged in. The same thing happens on the girlfriends laptop, she was logged in with her account (LoobiLou), and a few days ago, she refreshed the page and was logged in as me. Same thing happens on the college computers too, won't let me log out either, the only reasonable explanation I can think of is that you love me so much that you don't want me to leave? :unsure:

(Threads keep showing up as unread too, after I've read them and gone back to forum view :ermm: )

Rick Phlegm
05-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Same here, I can't log out either :unsure:

Samurai
05-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Run CrapCleaner, and make sure you select cookies to be cleaned.

Do this with no browsers open (should take 30 seconds), come back to site ;)

Vargas
05-25-2005, 01:52 PM
yeah i can't get into the arcade, it logs me out when i try to go in.

EDIT nevermind, i figured out what the problem was... i was blocking cookies in IE

manker
05-25-2005, 02:22 PM
Everything seems fine here, logging out and going to the arcade. Using Chromo skin and FF.

FYI :)

Peerzy
05-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Like Samurai said chances are its your cookies, you've clicked it to remember your password, so everytime you log out it auto logs you back in.

Mr. Mulder
05-25-2005, 02:35 PM
i'll run crap cleaner then and see what happens :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
05-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Yeah that seems to have worked perfectly (thanks Samurai), strange about it happening on the college networks though, both supposedly dispose of their temp stuff on a daily basis :unsure:

Samurai
05-25-2005, 03:23 PM
glad it helped ya ;)

tesco
05-25-2005, 08:21 PM
there were cookie problems before.
rookie's programmer supposedly fixed it but i couldn't log out after either. i cleared my cookies then tried logging in/out and it works better than before.
i guess the board jsut has problems clearing the old cookie. :unsure:

DanB
05-25-2005, 09:18 PM
its constipated?

tesco
05-25-2005, 09:20 PM
its constipated?
yup. :pinch:

DanB
05-25-2005, 09:25 PM
syrup of figs it is then :sick:

Lilmiss
05-25-2005, 09:26 PM
You have to log out twice, to do it properly.

After logging out, you'll notice you the blue bar along the top will still say, Log Out, when it should read, Log In. Just press that button again, and somehow it works. :huh:

enoughfakefiles
05-25-2005, 09:50 PM
You have to log out twice, to do it properly.

After logging out, you'll notice you the blue bar along the top will still say, Log Out, when it should read, Log In. Just press that button again, and somehow it works. :huh:

I had this the other week when i was a heathrow airport. It was taking two attempts to log out. :dry:

thewizeard
05-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Well as far as I know, this is one of Brian's methods of increasing online members...

enoughfakefiles
05-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Well as far as I know, this is one of Brian's methods of increasing online members...

By keeping them prisoner. :ohmy:

tesco
05-26-2005, 08:50 PM
haha that reminds me of what i used to do in rollercoaster tycoon.

Set up a do not enter sign right in front of the exit, so they're stuck in the park. :happy:

lynx
05-27-2005, 12:08 AM
There seem to be two sets of cookies and logins.

One set is from filesharingtalk.com, the other from www.filesharingtalk.com, I've noticed this problem sometimes when logging in from other pc's, which means I don't use my bookmark.

In theory, if we use just filesharingtalk.com it should redirect to the default http portal, which by convention is usually www.filesharingtalk.com, and any logins/cookies should be related to the www address. That would sort out any problems.

edit: I didn't put url's in there, the board did it.

tesco
05-27-2005, 12:19 AM
There seem to be two sets of cookies and logins.

One set is from filesharingtalk.com, the other from www.filesharingtalk.com, I've noticed this problem sometimes when logging in from other pc's, which means I don't use my bookmark.

In theory, if we use just filesharingtalk.com it should redirect to the default http portal, which by convention is usually www.filesharingtalk.com, and any logins/cookies should be related to the www address. That would sort out any problems.

edit: I didn't put url's in there, the board did it.
that was what rookie's programmer was supposed to fix.
it works for me tho (both urls will use the same cookie).

Comrade
05-28-2005, 01:40 AM
Mine worked great thanks