PDA

View Full Version : Can I continue Act of War from a different torrent site?

silent h3ro
05-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Ok so I started dling Act of War on ET untill the damn FBI took them over ( :angry: ). Neways I got down to 84 mbs ( :frusty: ) and its going like 1.5 kb/s now. Is there anyway I can maybe dl a new torrent file and continue dling my Act of War where its at without starting over?? :pinch:

muchspl3
05-27-2005, 12:23 AM
if its in the same format yes
cd1/rars
cd2/rars

silent h3ro
05-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Ok well I dled a copy of Act or War from torrentspy and it has a different filename so when I dl it, it just makes a new folder. :unsure:

{I}{K}{E}
05-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Ok well I dled a copy of Act or War from torrentspy and it has a different filename so when I dl it, it just makes a new folder. :unsure:

you need a torrent which has the same filenames like muchspl3 said.

if only the foldername is different you can copy the old files in that folder.

lynx
05-28-2005, 10:02 AM
As said above, copy to the new folder but make sure you keep the originals in case they aren't the same. Then force a recheck before continuing with the download. If they are the same you will have a high percentage completed. You will lose some pieces which were partly downloaded, but it will probably only be a few MB.

As soon as you know they are the same you can delete the original folder and its contents.

pu43x
06-01-2005, 06:13 PM
i have done this before with a torrent, but you have to make sure the file names are the same as mentioned above

bobcntsa
06-04-2005, 07:59 AM
yes with same file (size and name) u can resume download from different tracker/torrent site