PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP PRO Corp Edition Question

S!X
05-28-2005, 08:24 AM
When I installed XP pro corp on my comp everything was fucked, It didnt have the xp style theme, it had the oldschool style. When I right clicked on the taskbar and picked toolbars->Quick launch it said could not perform operation or somethin along those lines. When I tried it open Gpedit.msc that was fucked up also, It opended but popped up like 5 errors. Is pro only meant for certain kinds of comps or somethin?! Now im stuck download this 2 DVD set with every windows version to date. Im just gonna use XP Home edition corp I guess. :dry: :frusty: So what I did was just reinstall XP home from the cd that came with my comp. No activation needed :D I guess my only option for my new comp is to use xp home edition corp on it? :unsure:

lynx
05-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Some of those "Every windows version to date" disks are a POS.

If you wanted XP Pro Corp why didn't you find and dl that? It fits on a single cd, not 2 dvd's of corrupted crap. And it works on any pc that Home edition works on too.

S!X
05-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Some of those "Every windows version to date" disks are a POS.

If you wanted XP Pro Corp why didn't you find and dl that? It fits on a single cd, not 2 dvd's of corrupted crap. And it works on any pc that Home edition works on too.

I did dl corp, burned it to a CD and it fucked up. Dunno about that dvd tho, I aint waitng 65 hours and somethin mins for one fuckin iso to finish that I cant even burn.

lynx
05-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Sorry, I musunderstood, I thought you meant you installed XP Pro Corp from one of those "All Versions" disks.

You should get exactly the same desktop theme after installation with XP Pro as you get with XP Home. Sounds like you got someone's personalised (pronounced "fucked up") version.

Chewie
05-28-2005, 09:52 AM
There is no 'Home Edition Corp' version of Windows XP.

muchspl3
05-28-2005, 11:26 AM
user error

skelley521
05-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Chewie, I just checked one of my disc and there is a Home Corp. Ed.
It has the Corp. files slipstreamed into the home edition, although I haven't tried it as I have no need for it.

chinook_apache
05-28-2005, 12:04 PM
@ linkin park, i am currently sharing my xp pro corp copy on emule, if you use emule i can create a hash and you can upload from me. just pm me if you interested and i will create the ed2k link and also give you a key which i use and that allows sp2 to be installed

Virtualbody1234
05-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Have you successfully installed XP on that PC before?

chinook_apache
05-28-2005, 03:02 PM
virtualbody1234, if the questions at me :) then yes i have installed xp successfully, i always use this version i have. if the q is not intended at me void my comment :P

S!X
05-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Have you successfully installed XP on that PC before?

It came with XP home edition. the both times I tried pro, they were always fucked up I dunno if they were bad downloads or what.

Virtualbody1234
05-28-2005, 04:47 PM
I don't think the downloads went bad. I think that you have downloaded someones customized (stripped) CD. Try to find a Windows XP Corporate Edition with SP2 slipstreamed. Check the verified section.

@chinook_apache, no I was asking Linkin Park.

S!X
05-28-2005, 04:50 PM
I don't think the downloads went bad. I think that you have downloaded someones customized (stripped) CD. Try to find a Windows XP Corporate Edition with SP2 slipstreamed. Check the verified section.

@chinook_apache, no I was asking Linkin Park.

Alright, I have to find emule first :blink: :frusty:

Virtualbody1234
05-28-2005, 04:53 PM
http://www.emuleplus.tk/

S!X
05-28-2005, 04:54 PM
http://www.emuleplus.tk/

thx :)

lynx
05-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Torrentspy?
Torrentit?
pisexy (SP1)?
bi-torrent?

There are plenty to choose from, but best options are probably from private trackers..

S!X
05-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Torrentspy?
Torrentit?
pisexy (SP1)?
bi-torrent?

There are plenty to choose from, but best options are probably from private trackers..

Hmm ive never tried those. I used to have a pisexy account but it got scrapped or somethin again :angry:

Unless you guys can find a torrent that may be the proper xp pro that would be great, All the stuff ive found is shit all. :dry: :pinch:

Izagaia
05-28-2005, 06:59 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=80585

The links within this thread are the perhaps, IMO, the best versions of XP Pro Corp w/SP2 available anywhere.

S!X
05-28-2005, 07:03 PM

The links within this thread are the perhaps, IMO, the best versions of XP Pro Corp w/SP2 available anywhere.

OMG!! Thats the one I downloaded!!! and was fucked! :ermm:

peat moss
05-28-2005, 07:04 PM

Yep ,thats were I got mine too.

AndrewBarker
05-28-2005, 08:07 PM

Naa, Nowt wrong wi that version, one of the most tested software on the net

Virtualbody1234
05-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Something else is wrong!

S!X
05-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Something else is wrong!

Any ideas of what it may be? :cry: :frusty:

S!X
05-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Im downloading another ones its named "WXPVOL_ENG.ISO" Is there any way to test these things to see if there actually the real mccoys and work properly or not?

peat moss
05-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Im downloading another ones its named "WXPVOL_ENG.ISO" Is there any way to test these things to see if there actually the real mccoys and work properly or not?

Oher than comparing the size of the file . I doubt it . But many of us have that d/l the link posted so its tryed and true. :)

S!X
05-28-2005, 08:36 PM

Oher than comparing the size of the file . I doubt it . But many of us have that d/l the link posted so its tryed and true. :)

Hmm this is fucked, Both times Ive tried pro on this comp it fucks up. :angry: :frusty: :dry:

peat moss
05-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Mabey as Vb has suggested its some thing else ?

Are you doing a clean install ? Or an upgrade ?

S!X
05-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Mabey as Vb has suggested its some thing else ?

Are you doing a clean install ? Or an upgrade ?

Well I guess it would be a clean install. I format the C: drive. Which is the user partition. the D: partition is where I have all my stuff like music and stuff on. :blink: :frusty:

muchspl3
05-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Naa, Nowt wrong wi that version, one of the most tested software on the net
you got that right :lol:

Peerzy
05-28-2005, 09:23 PM
The problem lies somewhere between the screen and the chair.

Also i have 9 different versions of XP and they have all worked at least once.

S!X
05-28-2005, 10:01 PM

So the problem is me?... :dry: I know how to reformat a comp. :pinch: :frusty: :angry:

S!X
05-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Maybe theres a special way to install this? I usually just boot it up off the disk and go thru that whole format process. Isnt that how its done?

Virtualbody1234
05-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Is the drive set to LBA mode? Maybe you could tell us more about the problem? Like the full specs?

S!X
05-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Is the drive set to LBA mode? Maybe you could tell us more about the problem? Like the full specs?

I dont know what LBA mode is, How can I find out?

SPECS:
P4 2ghz @2.5
512 SDRAM (Apacer)
Gigabyte mobo (cant remember the model name)
Western Digital 60 GB HD
Geforce FX 5200.

Virtualbody1234
05-28-2005, 10:55 PM
LBA mode is a setting in the BIOS for the HDD configuration.

peat moss
05-28-2005, 10:56 PM

I dont know what LBA mode is, How can I find out?

SPECS:
P4 2ghz @2.5
512 SDRAM (Apacer)
Gigabyte mobo (cant remember the model name)
Western Digital 60 GB HD
Geforce FX 5200.

In the bios Were you change shit . Just remember f 10 . :ph34r:

S!X
05-28-2005, 11:03 PM
I'll Check. If its on disable it right? :ermm:

EDIT: I just checked, Looked in every section in the bios and no LBA mode. :( :blink:

Peerzy
05-28-2005, 11:14 PM

So the problem is me?... :dry: I know how to reformat a comp. :pinch: :frusty: :angry:

I wouldn't put it past you, seeing as your not even reformating your computer, your simply formatting it, reformatting it would to format it, then directly after format it again :blink: .

S!X
05-28-2005, 11:18 PM

I wouldn't put it past you, seeing as your not even reformating your computer, your simply formatting it, reformatting it would to format it, then directly after format it again :blink: .

:blink: Do you have any ideas why its doing whats it is? :unsure: :frusty: :ermm:

peat moss
05-28-2005, 11:32 PM

OK format.'no reformat' ah shit reinstal uninstall 'yikes computers are so complacted .

S!X
05-28-2005, 11:43 PM

OK format.'no reformat' ah shit reinstal uninstall 'yikes computers are so complacted .

:blink:

Peerzy
05-28-2005, 11:51 PM

:blink: Do you have any ideas why its doing whats it is? :unsure: :frusty: :ermm:

TBH not without looking at the PC myself no, and all we can do really unless we have had the same problem is guess. First thing i would go with is what i call a Bone Edition of XP, i use it on lower spec pc's, its only 150mb and has the full Windows XP on there just the themes, pictures, screensavers, WMP, and so on removed so its a stipped down. Basically it only installs what needs to be installed so that way we could find out if its a Windows Extra, the pc itself, the copy you had or what. Im afriad it looks like its either XP Home or some hard core trail and improvement.

Izagaia
05-29-2005, 12:12 AM
Just covering all the bases here, so my apologies if I am sounding idiotic, however are you choosing to completely wipe the previous partition that XP was installed upon then creating a new one?

Hell... if you were running an OEM version of XP Home prior to this, then odds are you have a D:\ partition as a backup drive. You can safely wipe that one as well and gain the extra harddrive space.

S!X
05-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Just covering all the bases here, so my apologies if I am sounding idiotic, however are you choosing to completely wipe the previous partition that XP was installed upon then creating a new one?

Hell... if you were running an OEM version of XP Home prior to this, then odds are you have a D:\ partition as a backup drive. You can safely wipe that one as well and gain the extra harddrive space.

I dunno if its an OEM, It came with the comp (home edition) with all the drivers and shit in it. I need the D partition to keep my tunes and stuff on. Is it ok to wip the previous partition with xp on and create a new on on it with pro?... :blink:

Virtualbody1234
05-29-2005, 01:37 AM
... Is it ok to wip the previous partition with xp on and create a new on on it with pro?... :blink:
Yes.

And it's wipe. :frusty:

Virtualbody1234
05-29-2005, 01:40 AM
If you could tell us the model of that Gigabyte board then we could help you find the drive settings in the BIOS. Look on the board itself.

Edit: I just thought of something else to try. Do you have another PC and a spare HDD? You could do a test installation on the other PC with the HDD. You would at least eliminate the question about if the XP CD is ok or not.

S!X
05-29-2005, 03:04 AM
If you could tell us the model of that Gigabyte board then we could help you find the drive settings in the BIOS. Look on the board itself.

Edit: I just thought of something else to try. Do you have another PC and a spare HDD? You could do a test installation on the other PC with the HDD. You would at least eliminate the question about if the XP CD is ok or not.

Dont have a another HDD. Heres the mobo. http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8SIML.htm

S!X
05-29-2005, 09:37 AM
FUCK YEA!!!!! That version that I downloaded today finally finished :D I installed it, went great an WA-BAM! Worked flawlessly :D :D Me is so happy!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Virtualbody1234
05-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Excellent!

S!X
05-29-2005, 11:51 AM
I dont understand why ppl are putting out really screwd version out. Maybe just to piss people off or somethin? :blink:

chinook_apache
05-29-2005, 12:17 PM
linkin park i have sent you an ed2k link so you can download the version i have. just use that and you are sorted! :)

S!X
05-29-2005, 12:25 PM
linkin park i have sent you an ed2k link so you can download the version i have. just use that and you are sorted! :)

I got it :) But before that I began downloading one from a torrent and it worked :D