PDA

View Full Version : Newsbins nzb subscription....

tracydani
05-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Does anyone know if this info is logged as part of your account? I mean, if you have an account and you use the nzb's to get your file, are there records of the nzb's you have used?

Would seem to be pointless to use NG's to avoid lawsuits only to use the paid service at Newsbin and provide direct evidence of what you are getting :P

Anyway, I have been using it for about a week or so and just thought about this.

Any info is appreciated.

TD

Filliz
05-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Does anyone know if this info is logged as part of your account? I mean, if you have an account and you use the nzb's to get your file, are there records of the nzb's you have used?

Would seem to be pointless to use NG's to avoid lawsuits only to use the paid service at Newsbin and provide direct evidence of what you are getting :P

Anyway, I have been using it for about a week or so and just thought about this.

Any info is appreciated.

TD

There's nothing illegal about downloading nzb files on their own.
And there's no way of telling if you actually ever use(d) the file to download material with it.
If there are any logs kept it's at your newsprovider but most,if not all,only keep logs for a max. of 24 hours.
Most of these providers can't even tell what you dl'ed.
They can only see the amount you've downloaded.

tracydani
05-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Great. Thanks for the info :)

TD

RealitY
05-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Well good to see you around these parts again tracidani now...

tracydani
05-29-2005, 07:12 AM
Thanks RealitY.... I'm conducting a little research ;)