PDA

View Full Version : South Korea

Keikan
05-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Is South Korea considered a 1st world, developed nation?

bigboab
05-29-2005, 07:54 PM
South Korea is the 11th-largest economy in the world. Given that, I would say it is a 1st world economical nation. Assuming development goes hand in hand with economy, I would say the answer is yes.

Rat Faced
05-30-2005, 08:16 PM
11th or 12th Largest World economy.

Universal Free Education up to University Level

Universal Free Health Care

Stable Government (Democracy)

I'd def say that qualifies as a Developed Country, however it belongs to a Developing Region.

vidcc
05-31-2005, 12:54 AM
Universal Free Education up to University Level

Universal Free Health Care

Stable Government (Democracy)

Stable but obviously naive government with those benefits ;)

Rat Faced
05-31-2005, 10:40 AM
I think there's only one country in the G8 that hasnt got all those benefits, and is looked upon by the others as barbarians.

You know the one, the one that still retains the death penalty however is nuts about "Pro Life"...

Where the Europeans sent their puritans and other nutters. ;)

bigboab
05-31-2005, 11:36 AM
I think there's only one country in the G8 that hasnt got all those benefits, and is looked upon by the others as barbarians.

You know the one, the one that still retains the death penalty however is nuts about "Pro Life"...

Are we talking Australia here RF?:lol:

Tikibonbon
05-31-2005, 01:02 PM

Oh, you mean countries that looked down on this one country for re-electing
their president, then went and did the same thing despite theirs being the others lapdog?

Do you mean the other countries that in the last century produced the two bloodiest wars in history? Not to mention a near continuos history of war for the last 1000 years?

Do you mean the countries that produced men like Hitler, Mussolini, Caligula, mad emperor of Rome whose purges consumed thousands on his blazing altar of syphilis, Giles Lavalle, medieval crusader of Gods will whose search for the elixir of life led to the ritual satanic killings of thousands of Parisian youth, Or Julius, religious despot, whose slaughter of the intelligentsia of Milan gave him the nickname of "The Warrior Pope"?

Yes we are barbarians, we gave the world the McRib sandwich, shame on us.

Rat Faced
05-31-2005, 01:24 PM

Dont knock those... best thing on McD's menu...

Forgive a lot for the introduction of those into my life ;)

And, the Lapdog was voted in with 36% of the vote... which means 64% voted against him. :P

I would accept every criticism that our election system is blatantly unfair and undemocratic.. just as yours was in 2000. Ours is much easier to see the unfairness of however... it hits you in the face ;)

I would also accept every criticism of the British Empire prior to the Durham Report, which allowed self government in the colonies.

Going back 1000 years though? Centuries ago, we sent all the idiots that caused religious wars to a new continent... we had got a little pissed off with them after our own civil war after they banned christmas :P

Do you mean the countries that produced men like Hitler, Mussolini,

These people wold have been local dictators easily dealt with, if certain Banks such as the one run by someone named Bush in the 1930's... hadnt financed them... :rolleyes:

bigboab
05-31-2005, 01:30 PM

Oh, you mean countries that looked down on this one country for re-electing
their president, then went and did the same thing despite theirs being the others lapdog?

Do you mean the other countries that in the last century produced the two bloodiest wars in history? Not to mention a near continuos history of war for the last 1000 years?

Do you mean the countries that produced men like Hitler, Mussolini, Caligula, mad emperor of Rome whose purges consumed thousands on his blazing altar of syphilis, Giles Lavalle, medieval crusader of Gods will whose search for the elixir of life led to the ritual satanic killings of thousands of Parisian youth, Or Julius, religious despot, whose slaughter of the intelligentsia of Milan gave him the nickname of "The Warrior Pope"?

McRib sandwich with Neuclear weapons to go, please.

vidcc
05-31-2005, 02:31 PM
Gosh it's easy to start a punch up these days.

Tikibonbon
05-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Do you mean the countries that produced men like Hitler, Mussolini,

These people wold have been local dictators easily dealt with, if certain Banks such as the one run by someone named Bush in the 1930's... hadnt financed them... :rolleyes:

Just wondering, why did they they try to ban christmas?

So a U.S. bank is the cause of Hitler rising, heh? Sorry, don't see that. I am sure certain other European governments failing to live up to certain mutual defence agreements had a little more to do with it.

hobbes
05-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Every thread always seems to migrate back to the same thing.

The McRib Sandwich

Tikibonbon
05-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Every thread always seems to migrate back to the same thing.

The McRib Sandwich

It's either that, or I go off on my spiel about how the internet is the biblical anti-christ, your pick. :)

Rat Faced
05-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Just wondering, why did they they try to ban christmas?

The Roundheads were 'Puritans'.

I have no idea as to their reasoning for the banning of Christmas, maybe you should ask someone from the Bible Belt ;)

France and Britain were the main political reasons that Germany became a world power, by refusing to enforce the Treaties that ended WWI 20 years earlier... The Governments chickened.

The weapons themselves, such as pocket Battleships, didnt break any treaties... however, if the British/French Governments had enforced other aspects of the Treaties (such as the ban on Military Exercises near national borders), the Germans wouldnt have been very well trained. In the early-mid '30s, the German Army were under orders to withdraw from these exercises if France/Britain objected... they never did object.

This raised the stakes and gave Hitler the much needed political will to continue.

Germanies finances came from American Banks, specifically these banks had relationships with the Nazi Party. One of particular note was Union Bank, Prescot Bush was in charge of its German Operations.

Germany was bankrupt, without the finances, it would not have been able to build its war machine.

Prescot Bush also helped build Concentration Camps via United Steel.

Congressional investigations after the war showed that United Steel had supplied 50.8 percent of the pig iron in Nazi Germany and likewise was a major supplier of all other ferrous based metal products needed by Hitler’s war machine. Hence, one of the largest munitions makers in Nazi Germany was funded by Prescott Bush, the father and grandfather of two future US Presidents.

George Bush Snr had plenty of "Ex" Nazi's and a member of the Hungarian Iron Cross (worse than Nazi's in many European Eyes), Lazlo Pastor, working on his campaign in 1988 and 1992.

Upon winning the presidential race, George Bush Snr, the poppy placed his assets in a blind trust headed by his close friend William Stamps Farish III.

His grandfather William Stamps Farish sold the Japanese the gasoline used in the attack on Pearl Harbor. Likewise, the elder Farish supplied Hitler’s war machine with oil and tetraethyl lead. George Bush’s father, Prescott was close friends with the elder Farish and remained so even after the elder’s testimony before congress provoked Harry Truman to cry out "This is Treason."

So the ties are still there if anyone actually wanted to open their eyes and dig for them...

As to the Developed Country question, i've been thinking (hence the burning smell)..

Isnt it true that all countries are Developing? Because once they have fully developed, there's only stagnation left for them... I'd hate to think i was in a stagnating country :blink: