PDA

View Full Version : Puntsphere Playoffs

JPaul
05-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Preston v West Ham.

What think ye on todays game.

manker
05-30-2005, 01:36 PM
West Ham FTW. They have been there, done that and I think the occasion will overawe the Preston lads. Added to that, the successful play-off team usually comes from one of the two lower play-off league spots. Maybe a psychological barrier there.

My predictions recently have been shite, in almost every case, recently - so prolly Preston will do it by an absolute cavalcade of a shedload full.

enoughfakefiles
05-30-2005, 01:39 PM
West Ham FTW. They have been there, done that and I think the occasion will overawe the Preston lads. Added to that, the successful play-off team usually comes from one of the two lower play-off league spots. Maybe a psychological barrier there.

My predictions recently have been shite, in almost every case, recently - so prolly Preston will do it by an absolute cavalcade of a shedload full.

I saw west ham play at turf moor this season and they were shite. Which ever one of these teams gets in the premership they won`t survive. I think preston could pip it after the win over derby which was`nt expected.

manker
05-30-2005, 03:22 PM
West ham have been shite for much of the season but got their act together toward the end.

Zamora's just scored, btw :01:

manker
05-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Quote from the BBC website's commentary:

1649: Nigel Reo-Coker is played in by Mark Noble but his shot brings back memories of Geoff Thomas at Wembley as it curls towards the corner flag.:lol:

I think it's all over now. West Ham are in the Premiership.

manker
05-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Feck's sake. Seven minutes of extra-time :ohmy:

enoughfakefiles
05-30-2005, 03:57 PM

1649: Nigel Reo-Coker is played in by Mark Noble but his shot brings back memories of Geoff Thomas at Wembley as it curls towards the corner flag.:lol:

I can`t see alan pardrew managing them in the premership though. :unsure:

manker
05-30-2005, 04:02 PM

:lol:

I can`t see alan pardrew managing them in the premership though. :unsure:Well, they pulled out all the stops to get him, and he has done what was required of him - ie. get them there.

They'll give him at least a season, I think.

DanB
05-30-2005, 04:08 PM
good on the hammers